How to change the font color of an asp.net textbox control using JavaScript function?

How can I change the font color of an asp.net textbox control at run time using JavaScript function?

Thanks.
0
quarqX

aspx code...

<asp:textbox runat=server id="txtbox" text="hello world" />
<button runat=server id="mybutton">change color</button>

aspx.vb code...
mybutton.attributes("onclick") = "javascript:document.all." & txtbox.clientid & ".style.color='crimson';"

while (!asleep()) ++sheep;
0
adept
3/10/2004 10:43:22 PM
Thanks for the answer.

The problem is how to see this new font color in the server code after the page is posted back. After I changed the font color on the client site using a JavaScript function and postback the page the VB code doesn’t recognize the font color change. Any ideas?
Thanks!
0
quarqX
3/11/2004 12:06:49 AM
You'll have to put some kind of hidden field on the form to save the value. The postback/viewstate mechanism just does not work that way.
Jim

MS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]

Old Dog Learns New Tricks

Preferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets
0
JimRoss

How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script> objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ...... }   szUrl = "http://ServerNa...

Client validation using both Javascript and .NET controls
 Hello,I have implemented an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is composed by several textboxes to gather information such as name, organization,email, phone, etc. and a long series of radiobuttonlists and textboxes (text area). These last textboxes need to be filled out only if the user select a specific value in the radiobuttonlists.To perform client validation I used .NET controls to check the format of the first textboxes (name, organization,email, phone, etc. ) and the text areas to ensure that no invalid characters have been entered.To check the all the radiobuttonlist has b...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

How to validate a single textbox control in client side by using javascript
 Hi everyone..  i'm new to this and i hope this site is really needful..i have four text boxes and each having regularexpression and required field validators and i have a check box...when i click on checkbox the value of first textbox will fall on the second text box..but the validation is not erasing. i have used page_clientvalidate() in the java script..then after the execution of page_clientvalidate() all the validation fields are appearing..please tell me the solution for this    Balu Hi,Please explain the problem in details.. What exactly happens wh...

How to call server side function by javascript using Ajax.Net
Sir, I want to call the server side function by javascript function. Is it possible using Ajax.Net (System.Web.Extensions.dll or AjaxControlToolkit.dll)? If yes then please give me the code or URL. I found some article using Ajax.dll but I want to use System.Web.Extensions.dll or AjaxControlToolkit.dll. Please help me. Thanks in advance Paresh        Hi, Ajax.NET and ASP.NET AJAX, what you want, are completely different implementations so please be sure to use the correct terminology in the future as there are already 100+ AJAX frameworks aroun...

Disabling a TextBox web control using javascript (client-side)
I'm using two textboxes and one button for a C# .NET web app code: <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server"> <asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 248px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 128px" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <asp:TextBox id="TextBox2" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 248px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 168px" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <asp:Button id="Button1" style="Z-INDEX: 103; LEFT: 248px; POSITION: absolute; TO...

In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript
In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two columns:itemno,description. input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the database,return 1 to trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the item from the database,and fill it into the column "description". The question is how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web service? if so,I need an example to realize it. You will need to use AJAX or make a round trip on item change event. -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * *...

Highlighting(chaning the color) the part of the text in textbox using javascript or vb.net
Hi Frnds, Please can u help me how to Highlighting(chaning the color) the part of the text in textbox  using javascript or vb.net suppose in my text box some words like HAPPY,UNHAPPY,...I have to find those words and highlight measn changing the background color of  those words.. How to do this using javascript or vb.net please can u help me out.. ThanksSandhya I think you will need to use DIV with runat="server". then you can easily insert html text in it. You may use it in following wayDim t As String = "Its really working! I am HAPPY"t = t.Replace(&qu...

Need help converting a C#/.NET method into client-side (javascript) function
Hey Guys, I have implemented an AJAX Toolkit CalendarExtender.  I have a method 'CheckDate' in javascript (followed a tut!) that checks to see if the user selected a date > DateTime.Now(). Well, I have a few other things to check but not sure how to do them in javascript, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.  I mean, i can somewhat convert it but it'll be too mangled, I'd rather learn the right way.  I'm attaching the code and any help will be appreciated.  1 protected string CheckDateErrors(string dateGiven) 2 ...

How do change the Font Name property to the TextBox control at the Run time in .Net 2.0?
Hi., I'm developing a website to support Tamil and English languages at runtime. I'm using Resource files to change the properties of the controls at runtime. There is no Bindable property to change the Font property for the Text Box control. That's my problem. Because I need to change the Font property of the Text Box at runtime. Anybody have any other ideas to change the Font property at runtime? Please Help me...     Advance Wishes for you..............Loganath.V9952070572 Hi, define your differnt font's in a cssfile like thisstyle.css  .text1{f...

How to change tree view's (web control) back color, font color and font size using CSS (Cascading Style Shteets)
Hi All, I have created tree view (web control) but i want to change all the properties of it, through single style sheet. Like all other controls (label, text box and combo box) it's not possible to change all the properties of treeview through single style sheet by including it to the contol ???? Please help........ MAITRAY. Sorry. No external css. but these attributes: DefaultStyle="background:#CCCCCC;border:solid 1px;color:black;font-size:8pt" HoverStyle="color:blue;font-name:Arial" SelectedStyle="c...

.Net 2..0 Tree view control Selected node style changed using javascript
Hi, Please give me an sample code Net 2..0 Tree view control Selected node style changed using javascript.   Thanks Selva Check out this link and see if it helps you. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/ASPNetTreeviewUsingJS.aspx  Thanks,santosh_maharajaPlease mark as answer if you got expected solution....

Setting font and color properties of Label control on Client side using js dont retain on postback
Hi,    I'm setting a few styles and text properties on a label control on the client side using DOM. When I post back the page, I do not see any of those changes. What is the easiest way to rtain those changes even upon page postback?? ThanksShravan Addaypally MCP Take a look at this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/dhtmlobjectmodel2.asp It has a whole section on persisting client-side state. Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! All the while I played with thi...

Web resources about - How to change the font color of an asp.net textbox control using JavaScript function? - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript SDK - Facebook-Entwickler
Overview The JavaScript SDK provides a rich set of client-side functionality for accessing Facebook...