How to access all the methods of server controls and infragistics controls from client-side javascript.

I have some web controls on my page, which i want to manipulate without going to the server, that is, from a client-side javascript. I know how to call them with the documents.forms.... but i do not know how to call their methods.
For the text box, the method to manipulate it is 'value'. It's a property i think. for the html <select> it is the 'options' array. But for the others, I dont know.

My question is the following:

I have an infragistics control: the UltraWebTree.
This is its code in html:

<ignav:ultrawebtree id="UltraWebTree1" style="Z-INDEX: 108; LEFT: 352px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 24px"
    runat="server" Height="112px" Width="150px" ExpandImage="ig_treePlus.gif" Indentation="20" ImageDirectory="/ig_common/images/"
    WebTreeTarget="HierarchicalTree" Cursor="Default" CollapseImage="ig_treeMinus.gif">
    <Nodes>
     <ignav:Node Text="Root Node">
      <Nodes>
       <ignav:Node Text="Child Node"></ignav:Node>
       <ignav:Node Text="Child Node"></ignav:Node>
      </Nodes>
     </ignav:Node>
     <ignav:Node Text="Root Node"></ignav:Node>
    </Nodes>
    <SelectedNodeStyle ForeColor="White" BackColor="Navy"></SelectedNodeStyle>
    <Levels>
     <ignav:Level Index="0"></ignav:Level>
     <ignav:Level Index="1"></ignav:Level>
    </Levels>
   </ignav:ultrawebtree>

Now i want to be able to add nodes dynamically from a client side javascript. Can you please tell me how to do that.
Note that i already know how to access the tree from javascript: document.forms[0].UltraWebTree1. But I do not know how to add nodes to it.
0
RachelRaychRichieRic

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

Accessing server-side control in client-side javascript function; on Content page
I am trying to set an asp:textbox value in the Client side javascript function. It works fine on the standalone page. But when i try to do this the Content page, it’s giving the follwoing error message. document.getElementByID[...] is null of not an object  Any idea? Thanks, Riz   Hi, are you using ClientID property of that server control, to get its ID (which is rendered at the client and can be used with document.getElementById )?Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you my problem is solved....

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

How to access Client Side control in server side button click event?

Server-side versus Client-side controls?
Hi, I'm new to ASP.NET, and I was wondering how negligible the performance impact of using server-side controls over client-side controls is? Should I avoid using server-side controls and use client-side ones whereever I can? Or should I not care? From apurely aesthetic point-of-view, it would be nice to use mostly all server-side controls to keep everything consistent. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks. There are up's and down's of both server-side and client side controls.  Read this article and you will have a better understanding on which is better.http://www.eggh...

How to access the properties and methods of the ActiveX control on the client side in Web Form using javascript or vbscript
Hi All, I have looked almost every where for this, and I'll be really appreciated if someone can help me with this. I found a article in MS KB article, #317392, but it is not extactly what I wanted. How do you reference an ActiveX control's methods and properties with javascript in the ASPX? Following is what I have. Some how the following line in the btnclick() does not seems to be working. AlarmCtl.StartTimer() I have done this with just .HTML and it works just fine. Can any one help. Thanks in advance. //===========================...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Changing Server-Side Control Properties by Client-Side
Hi, I have 4 server side button control. These are for choices of a competition website(A,B,C,D) and I have 1 client side button control named "Changer" on the same page. When I click the Changer I want it to disable A, if it is disabled I want it to disable B... The main question in this topic is "How can I change properties of a server-side control by client-side" My javascript side is not very well. How can I do this? Please help me. I got it guys. Thank You very much.. Hi, Here is the javascript for enable and disable two server side buttons with id Button1 and Butt...

Client-Side enabling of a Server-Side disabled control?
Recently I came into a situation that required me to enable a control client-side, which was previously disabled server-side. Let me explain using a checkbox as an example. When I run chkMyCheckBox.enabled = false, the resulting HTML includs a dynamically created a span that encloses the control. This span is does not have an ID and has the attribute disabled="disabled". This inturn disables the control and it's associated label. Problem being, I see a way to enable the control on the client-side, which requires me to enabled the span as well. Has anyone needed to do this bef...

Client side clock using server side controls
Is it possible to create a client side clock using a server side control (label or textbox) in C# without accessing JavaScript?  If so, how? In principal it is possible, it depends how often you need to reload this clock ... if every second than: 1. It is no sens to do I mean 2. You need than to make setTimeout client script, to refresh page every second With FastPage it seems more real task ... http://fastpage.more.at...

Server Side control invoking a Client Side event
I need to figure out how to get a server side control to process the "OnMouseOver" event. Since server side controls do not have the onmouseover event associated with them, how would you make for example, a DropDownList have a "OnMouseOver" event associate with it? The DropDownList must be server side. I guess the idea here is to set client-side events on the server-side control. Any help will be appreciated. You may try something like this: In server side code DDL1.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "javascript:alert('Hi')") Th...

Web resources about - How to access all the methods of server controls and infragistics controls from client-side javascript. - asp.net.client-side

Infragistics Storefront
Quince Pro is a private, secure and organized way for UI/UX/interaction designers to collaborate, communicate and cultivate private UX design ...

Infragistics - YouTube
As the world leader in user interface development tools and experts in User Centered Design, Infragistics empowers developers to build and style ...

Infragistics Embraces NUCLiOS For iPad, Plus Android
Infragistics Embraces NUCLiOS For iPad, Plus Android

Infragistics' Windows 8 UI Toolset Unveiled at Microsoft Build 2012
Infragistics announced the release of a beta version of its new Windows 8 UI toolset, NetAdvantage for Windows UI.

Sponsored Post: Torbit, Infragistics, Velocity, Reality Check Network, Gigaspaces, AiCache, Logic Monitor ...
Who's Hiring? Torbit is hiring ! Care about performance? Care about making the internet faster and better? At Torbit we use lots of Golong, ...

Announcements: Sponsor Announcement: Infragistics
... helped us bring you our regular content, but also special features like TDWTF: Live . We’re proud to introduce our second sponsor: Infragistics ...

jQuery/HTML5 Controls - Infragistics
Deliver the best HTML5 applications across every browser, platform, and device with the speed and responsiveness of our jQuery controls.

Top 100 Apps Availability on iOS, Android, Windows Phone & Windows 8 - Evangelism - Infragistics.com ...
“I don’t want to use a Windows Phone because it doesn’t have enough apps.” I’m so tired of hearing this. Windows Phone now has over 160,000 ...

Twitter
... you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Brian Lagunas @ brianlagunas Boise, ID XAML Product Manager for @Infragistics ...

Windows Phone 8 seen cementing developer loyalty to Microsoft - windows phone 8, mobile app development ...
Windows Phone 8, which Microsoft partially unveiled this week, is the company’s third version of its mobile OS. And for some experienced Windows ...