how do i create a pop window that interacts with the main window, and other windows

i need a to code a popup window that will interact with the main window and other windows

when i say interact, i mean that if a button in the form is clicked than it will disable buttons in other pages or fill buttons in other pages via the popup(wizard) window

i am using C# to code in visual web developer 2005

i dont know javascript or jscript

0
dariuslovhalll

A person could use AJAX which eliminates the need for JavaScript. AJX-model popup

Hope this helps

DK

0
DkUltra
7/26/2007 2:45:25 PM

Check here for a complete sample using a Modal Dialog:
 http://forums.asp.net/t/1018312.aspx

NC...

0
NC01
7/26/2007 2:53:31 PM

You will need to use the window.opener and window.parent properties of the DOM object.

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:window

here is  a basic tutorial on how to do it.

http://www.javascriptkit.com/javatutors/remote2.shtml

0
triggered

how to open a pop up window by disabling the main window i.e pop up will remain in the main window until closing
 I need to make subpartitions of the contents of a form(transfring values from a page to a popup) and i need that when we click on a button on a page(main window) then a pop up will open by disabling the main window until n unless popup is closed.i.e focus will not lose from the popup until it is closed.RegardsSHOAIB RIZWAN see links below:http://microsoft.apress.com/asptodayarchive/73815/using-modal-dialog-boxes-in-aspnet-applications http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc164247.aspx google can be your friend :) Simply JS | june blog Or use this model on how to open ...

Postback from pop up window opens new window
Hi guys, I am opening a pop up window using using a link and javascript function like this: <a href='WebsiteDiscussion.aspx onclick="popup('WritePost.aspx', 'Add Post')">Write a post</a> function popup(mylink, windowname)        {            window.open(href);            //window.showModalDialog(href);            return false;    &...

Have a pop out window return values to main window
I want to mimic the interface through which we enter smiley's out here...any ideas?! It is a pop out window that does the stuff...programming blog Parent window: <script type="text/javascript"><!--function openWindow(){ var windowUrl = 'ChildPage.aspx'; var windowName = 'Popup_' + new Date().getTime(); var windowFeatures =   'channelmode=no,directories=no,fullscreen=no,' +  'location=yes,dependent=yes,menubar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,' +   'status=no,toolbar=no,titlebar=no,' +...

response window and doubleclick on main window causes action on response window
I am having an issue in PB7.0.3 Bld 10009. I have a window that has 2 DW controls. DW1 that has a field the has some validations that occurs in its itemchanged event that calls a response window for the user to select exceptions reasons. DW1 also does an accepttext() in its losefocus event to force itemchanged validations. What is happening, is if the user doubleclicks a field in DW2 that just happens to be inline with a control button on the response window, the cursor gets positions to the field in DW2 but the response window executes the logic for the control button. I've added...

close the pop window, data goes to main window
Hi to all, I have main page and in this i hav one text box when ever i am in (cursor)textbox and click enter there,one  pop up window will be open and that window consist two text boxes and one  search button when i click the button the correspnding values displayed  in datagrid and datagrid consist nw select linkbutton when i select the select button then that corresponding value should be displayed in main page text box and this pop window will be close.   But i struck here, i am fetching the values from grid but pop window not closed and the main page also...

Closing Pop-up window makes main window disappear
Name: S. P. Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Closing Pop-up window makes main window disappear Comments: When a pop-up of a website appears, and you want to close the pop-up window, the main window disappears. Then I always have to press the FireFox logo (in the dock in Mac) for a few seconds to see what windows are active. When the 'list' appears, I select the main window in the list and then the main window appears again. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; nl; rv:1.9.2b3) Gecko/20091115 Firefox/3.6b3 From URL: http://hendri...

Calling client side windows application from an IE window
Hi, I am working on an ASP.NET website. In this website, there is a link on a web page. On the click of that link, we need to fire an event (along with some parameters) of a windows application which is running on the client's machine. Can anyone help me on how to do this. Thanks in advance. Any Suggestions???   Thanks. There is no way that a web page has access to the client's machine short of using an ActiveX object, which will only work on Internet Explorer and would have to be installed on the client's computer with the proper permissions to be allowe...

pop-up window on top of other windows
Dear ASP.NET Programmers, I have a button which opens a pop-up window on top of the main windows when pressed. However, on the pop-up window, I have another button which again opens a pop-up window when pressed, but this time below the opener pop-up window. I want this third window opened on top of all windows. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance... Burak Hi, Try this var ob; var url='http://www.google.com' ob=window.open(url); ob.focus(); asyahub, I tried your code, but still the new pop-up window is being displayed under the second one......

Main window
Dear all, I open a main overview window with opensheet(...) When the user doubleclicks on a record , the detail record is opened, this is also a main window. When i close my detail window, i see that my main window has changed X Y positions. When i doubleclick on the blue toolbar of this main window, the window resizes and it fits perfectly as before. How can i force this with code ? TIA John Look up OpenSheet in the help file. The syntax is: OpenSheet ( sheetrefvar {, windowtype }, mdiframe {, position {, arrangeopen } } ) In this case, you'll need to code: O...

Windows pops up for windows authentication
I am trying to view my pages using my own ip address and when I try to view the restricted page even after entering the password I get the windows authentication window pop up to enter the user name and password. My windows XP PRO only has username and does not  have any password. So I enter the username and keeps the password blank but it does accept it. Any ideas  ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! Have you turned off the "allow anonymous access" in IIS?  Have you tried running your website using http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1?...

How to disable a Parent window when the Child pop-up window opens in C#.net
My Code: using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Data.SqlClient;public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page {dbUtils dbu = new dbUtils(); //SqlDataAdapter dataAdapter; //DataSet dSet; //SqlCommand cmd; //int value; //string Temp,var;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {if (Page.IsPostBack == false) { session(); }     }public v...

How to fire OnSelectedIndexChanged from pop up window to refresh the list box in main window
Is there a way to fire  OnSelectedIndexChanged in main window from pop up window to refresh the list box in main window after pop window closed Hi, it is pretty close to what is accomplished in my blog post ASP.NET: How to create a postback on a main page from a popup window Basically SelectedIndexChanged would fire when selection changes in the ListBox. So if you change the selection in javascript and then use the trick in post above to cause a postback, that should do it (you can also cause a postback as the ListBox itself causing it, e.g generate the __doPostBack call with LB as ...

V 3.6 Open New browser window; and window loads behind main window
Name: R Novak Product: Firefox Summary: V 3.6 Open New browser window; and window loads behind main window Comments: I have tested this on Mac: Firefox 3.5.7, Safari, and PC Explorer & Firefox, and this does not happen on any of these other browsers. On a site with a javascript new window (open on mousedown) the new window appears very quickly .2 secs, then s hidden behind parent (main or previous) window. Please fix! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_2; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Safari/531.21.10 From...

open a new pop-up window having a pop-up window already open...
Hi All, Please help, I am opening a pop-up window using the following statement IN JAVASCRIPT: function openSLST() { window.open("pgnew.aspx",null,"height=700,width=800,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,left=5,top=5,scrollbars=yes"); }  the above function is called as below withiin a <tr></tr> tag : <a runat="server" id="aslst" class="avilink" onclick="openSLST();" href="#">AviList</a> a new window pops up so far so good.... now when i try to open a new pop-up(i want the p...

Web resources about - how do i create a pop window that interacts with the main window, and other windows - asp.net.client-side

Interact With Tonight’s MLB Home Run Derby On Facebook
You don’t have to be in Kansas City to have some fun with tonight’s Major League Baseball Home Run Derby. Several Facebook pages have planned ...

How Families Interact on Facebook - Facebook
Facebook Data Science hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel How Families Interact on Facebook geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

Action Links: A New Way to Interact with Apps
Starting today, there’s a new way for people to interact with your timeline app directly from Facebook: action links. These customizable links ...

Facebook begins rotating ads on static pages if users don’t interact
Facebook has begun rotating ads in the right sidebar if users remain on the same page for a while. “We recently made a change to some pages ...

SLB InterACT on the App Store on iTunes
Get SLB InterACT on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Xbox One interacts with its own commercial - YouTube
Just a quick video, after watching tonights walking dead, a similar commercial turned my xbox on. This was the only one I was able to get to ...

Life after death ... the high tech way to interact
Life after death ... the high tech way to interact

Life after death ... the high tech way to interact
Twenty seven years ago, Freddie Mercury electrified thousands of spectators at the Live Aid concert at Wembley Stadium in London.

Officials interact with Web users
Officials interact with Web users China Daily However, Shan Xuegang, a researcher at the website of People's Daily , said that making the officials' ...

Officials interact with Web users
Officials interact with Web users Chinadaily USA However, Shan Xuegang, a researcher at the website of People's Daily , said that making the ...