how do i assign a database value to client side control

Hi all:

"<input name="txtDate" type="text" /> <a href="javascript:calendar_window=window.open('Calender.aspx?formname=frmCalendar.txtDate','calendar_window','width=165,height=200');calendar_window.focus()">
    Calendar </a>"

calender.aspx code:

"
Private Sub Calendar1_SelectionChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
  Dim strjscript as string = "<script language=""javascript"">"
  strjscript &= "window.opener." & _
        Httpcontext.Current.Request.Querystring("formname") & ".value = '" & _
        Calendar1.SelectedDate & "';window.close();"
  strjscript = strjscript & "</script" & ">" 'Don't Ask, Tool Bug

  Literal1.Text = strjscript  'Set the literal control's text to the JScript code
End Sub

Private Sub Calendar1_DayRender(sender As Object, e As DayRenderEventArgs)
   If e.Day.Date = DateTime.Now.ToString("d") Then
     e.Cell.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.LightGray
   End If
End Sub
  </script>
 </HEAD>
  <form runat="server" ID="Form1">
   <asp:Calendar id="Calendar1" runat="server" OnSelectionChanged="Calendar1_SelectionChanged" OnDayRender="Calendar1_dayrender" ShowTitle="true" DayNameFormat="FirstTwoLetters" SelectionMode="Day" BackColor="#ffffff" FirstDayOfWeek="Monday" BorderColor="#000000" ForeColor="#00000" Height="60" Width="120">
    <TitleStyle backcolor="#000080" forecolor="#ffffff" />
    <NextPrevStyle backcolor="#000080" forecolor="#ffffff" />
    <OtherMonthDayStyle forecolor="#c0c0c0" />
   </asp:Calendar>
   <asp:Literal id="Literal1" runat="server"></asp:Literal>
  </form>
</HTML>
"

my text box is client side control, during my edit opertion how can add the database value to the textbox "txtDate".if i change the txtdate textbox as servercontrol my javascript code isnot working..please any one let me know how can i achieve this

Thanks in advance

Thank you in advance. I am pleased to return the favor.
0
thiya

There is no reason why javascript should not be able to change the value of a serverside control.

Just make sure you are using the correct id for the control. Perhaps you need to use the control's clientid-property to get hold of the control's clientside id, which may not be what you expect if you have the textbox in a web user control.
0
singularity
5/4/2005 1:25:21 PM

Thanks for the reply,

    When iam trying to click on popup calender[textbox with runat server property] ,it havnt assign any vaule to text box and moreover it couldnt close the popup window.

Thanks in advance

Thank you in advance. I am pleased to return the favor.
0
thiya
5/4/2005 5:19:20 PM

I think my problem due to the ascx page.I am calling the calender page from the ascx page.

Is this create the problem?

I have just checked the code with the aspx page its working fine even textbox control are set with "runat server"

From ascx page.my code only work when i remove the "runat server"  property removed

Thanks in advance

Thank you in advance. I am pleased to return the favor.
0
thiya
5/5/2005 12:21:12 PM
When a control is on an ascx page, then the clientside ID of the
control will change. I think it will add the name of the ascx page in
front of the ID you gave it or something. Run the page and select View
Source in Internet Explorer, find your control and see what ASP.NET has
called it. The ID is also available through the control's clientid
property in codebehind. That might be your problem.
0
singularity

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

to change value of Client Side Select html control from database value....

How to take value from client side control from server side code?
Hi all, I would like to know that, how to access client side control in server side code? Here is an example.. I am having the textBox in client side like <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername" name="textBoxUsername"/> I need to take the value from this textBox in button click event which is server side code. private void buttonShow(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { //I need to access this textBox here. } How to do that? Thanks R. eswaran. hi you need to make it run at server. <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername"...

server side control passing value of self in client side function
I have a server side dropdownlist control.It contains values as:"#00FFFF""#FF00FF""#FFFF00"When the selectedindex is changed by the client I want to assign the value of the dropdownlist to a <div id="example"></div> evelement.pseudo:document.getElementbyId('example').bgcolor=dropdownlist.valueHow can I do this? I think I somehow need to attach a function to my dropdownlist which passes its own value as a parameter to a function...any suggestions?Thanks!please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. You ...

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

Atlas client side control value available to server side C# code behind
I have an existing ASP.NET application. The page contains a datagrid (asp:datagrid). In my current C# code behind, I fetch data from SQL Server 2005 and bind to the datagrid when a button is selected (Click event). There can be many entires in the grid however, so the user typically enters text in a textbox as a filter on the returned results from SQL Server 2005. Now after studying an Atlas sample animalservice http://atlas.asp.net/docs/atlas/doc/data/default.aspx, with an HTML suggestion text box, I would like to use client-side Atlas to give the user a better indication of...

How can I set client side values as server side values?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts? There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and insert into the db? How do I go about this? Thanks for any pointers Davlon PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300) Pass them as page parameters, e.g., http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array and get these values. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kie...

Client-side values to server-side ?
Hi! My previous query is attached below: I have implemented the below mentioned implementation . 'listbox1' on 'webform1' shows all the values from 'webform2'. I have implemented it using javascript. I would like to know that to implement validation on 'webform1', I would require the values of 'listbox1' ,which are on the client-side , to move to the server-side . I think sending a querystring will be fine but how to implement it using javascript and code-behind(C#)? Your suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and regards, ap.       My previous query: " I am stuck wi...

Client Side values to Server Side
What is the best way to transfer Client Side values to the Server side? For example I have a variable "var1" in javascript. var1 = "sample"; How can I acquire this value in the server side?  What is the best approach for this?  Barry to send the value to the server during a postback, you need to place the value in an input control.  You could consider using a hidden textbox for that purpose.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ In the JavaScrip...

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

How to pass values from client side to server side
Hi, Is there a way to transfer variable from a client loop to a server loop. For example: var clitest = 'test'; Now I would like to get test variable from javascript into a server string variable <% sertest = ?? %> I understand that this can be done by storing a variable into a hidden control for example and than access it using server side, but when I have to transfer an array for example it get's a little more complicated. I was wondering is there more efficient approach? You can't transfer arrays, only strings. To workaround this problem pass delimited stri...

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

Web resources about - how do i assign a database value to client side control - asp.net.client-side

ERISA and All Claim databases
... laws, on the books in 18 states, requiring self-insured employers to report data about the prices they pay to “all payer claims databases.” ...

Sanders’ campaign looses access to N.H. Democratic voter database - The Boston Globe Sanders’ campaign ...
... the presidential campaign of US Senator Bernie Sanders has been denied access to the New Hampshire Democratic Party’s valuable voter database ...

Under pressure, DNC restores Bernie Sanders campaign's access to their database - Videos - CBS News
A strange twist in the race for the democratic presidential nomination: the campaign of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has filed a complaint ...

Over 680TB of data exposed in MongoDB databases
There are at least 35,000 publicly accessible and insecure MongoDB databases on the Internet, and their number appears to be growing. Combined ...

EFF confirms that the DEA has deleted its phone call database
Earlier this year, it was revealed that the NSA's massive surveillance program had a precursor: the Drug Enforcement Administration's USTO, which ...

MacKeeper Leak Highlights Danger of Misconfigured Databases
The Shodan port-scanning service finds at least 35,000 MongoDB databases accessible without a password.

OracleVoice: Oracle Challenges SAP On In-Memory Database Claims
Companies that run SAP’s applications should know that most of those applications can perform much better on Oracle Database than on any other ...