How can i create get values from Opened page in client side to my first page(server page)

i have a little bit problem that

my Server page has coding like this :

btn.attributes.add("onclick()",getdata())

and one text box is txt1

now when user clicks it Button btn then getdata function  executes ok

client page

function getdata(){

response.redirect("hello.aspx") }

now on hello.aspx has 1 textbox txt2

now what ever the data has been inputted by user in (client side textbox) txt2 i want to assign it to txt1 (server side )conrtol on server

pls help me

send me code ...

Jay "Enjoy Life"
0
jay4ever_2000

When you do the redirect from Page #2 back to Page #1, add the value to your url as a QueryString:
     Response.Redirect("hello.aspx?txt2=" + txt2.Text)

Then in Page #1 in the Page_Load handler:
If Not (Request("txt2") Is Nothing) Then
   txt1.Text = Request("txt2").ToString()
Else
   txt1.Text = String.Empty
End If

You could also stuff the value in Session state:
   Page #2:
      Session("txt2) = txt2.Text;
      Response.Redirect("hello.aspx")

   Then in Page #1 in the Page_Load handler:
      If Not (Session("txt2) Is Nothing) Then
         txt1.Text = Session("txt2).ToString()
      Else
         txt1.Text = String.Empty
      End If

NC...

0
NC01

How can get values from clients page to server page in mycode ??
How can get values from clients page to server page in mycode ?? my SERVER PAGE  and one Textbox is there txt1 dim str as string str = request.ApplicationPath & "/data.aspx" btn1.add.attributes("onclick",opendata(str ) ) function opendata(Byval str as String ) As String  { dim sj , sjr  as new System.text.StringBuilder   with sjr .append("<script language = 'javascript'>") .append( window.ShowModalDialog(' "&str" ' , '','');) .append("</script>") return sjr.ToString } client side page data.aspx one text box is there txt2. user put valu...

Issue obtaining values in server-side from dropdownlist when updating value using client-side script in master page
HiI got a page in a contentplaceholder of a master page. There is two pulldowns. I populate the first one using server side coding and then use client-side javascript. So far so good. The issue is that upon a postback I try to collect the select value of the second pulldown and there is no data in the pulldown and no selected item. I tried using control.selectedvalue (nothing) or searching the form controls Stringvariable = oForm.FindControl("Control")Thing is I've done this before in 1.1 outside of a master page and it works.Thanks in ad...

server side or client side page?
a page that contain a validation control and starting a storeProcedures when the user click on a button --is considered as a client side page or as a server side page?it seems to me that in asp.net everthing is server side, where are the client side pages?thanks The sp is server side, but the validation can be on or the other, depending on how it's coded.ASP.Net has it's validations, so it's server side when using them.But you can also make validations via JavaScript, so that would be client side.Zath but the validation controls (like RequiredFiledValidator) is a client side va...

textbox value set on client side, is not visible on server side or, on the source of the page.
hi, I have a textbox on my webform. the first time I load my page I fill this textbox with  "name" on the server side. once the page is loaded I set the value of the textbox to "thisIsme" with client side code. I even see a different text in the texbox. client side:document.all('txtnameInput').value =  'thisIsme'; server side:Me.txtnaam.Text 'is stil "name" and not "thisIsme" Why is this happening? on the webpage I see the text "thisIsme", but when I look at the source of the webpage I still see the old value in it. it's very odd... I am NOT setting the value back to "name...

Client side getting return value of webservice without opening a new page
Hello everyone,on this page they call a webservice with just html... but they open up a new page... I want to do the same but without opening up a new page.http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/ws_use.aspI just want the return value in a textfield on my form. I don't want to open up a new page.....Can anyone tell me how ?greets, see my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org...

Client side getting return value of webservice without opening a new page #2
Hello everyone,on this page they call a webservice with just html... but they open up a new page... I want to do the same but without opening up a new page. http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/ws_use.aspI just want the return value in a textfield on my form. I don't want to open up a new page.....Can anyone tell me how ?greets, see my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org...

How to set the value to the hidden control in the child page from the client-side of the parent page
Hi All,     I need to set the value in the hidden input control (which i have used in the child page) from the parent page. I don't want to use session, since i want to set it from the client-side of the parent page and i have to access the value in the server-side of the child page. I tried using javascript but the value didnt get set. I'm in need of a solution urgently. Thanks & Regards Aishwaria hello my friend, My suggestion is using querystring to send the value to the child page code sample parent page    <input id="Button1" type="button" v...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

automatic redirect to other page using window.open from client side when page is fully posted back
 hi,     i am experiencing  a problem in <asp:history runat="server"/> control.in order to maintain back and forward button concept i am using <asp:history control.it works fine but the problem is when i redirect to other page using response.redirect ("") i loss my all history points and when i click on back/forward button i am redirected to last full rendered page not to partially updated by ajax.second thing is i cant use server.transfer("") ,since it will not change URL. Third thing is i cant use scriptmanager .registerc...

accessing a server side function in a parent page from a server side function found in a page in an iframe
I was wondering if this was possible. I current have a page with a menu where when a menu item is clicked the iframe directly underneath would populate with a specified page based on menu item. From here I would like to access a function based in the parent page when something in the iframe is accessed. Or the very least access the attributes such as the height or width of the main window compared to the iframe from the iframe's page's server function. I am trying to display a separate window for the user through javascript like a modal window which i want to fill up the whole ...

Paging Paging Paging
I am trying to do paging with my search results and it isnt working very well. Here is what I've tried and I feel I've tried everything, lol, please help me out. Sub DataGrid1_SortCommand(Sender as object, e as DataGridSortCOmmandEventArgs) DataGrid1.DataBind() End Sub Sub Datagrid1_PageIndexChanged(Sender as object, e as DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Dim ds as dataSet DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex if Session("Search") is nothing then 'Session probably has expired, get the datasource from database Datagrid1.DataSource = ...

Call server-side page function from client-side button click
I have an existing ASP application that I am migrating to ASP.net. In the ASP app I was using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP on a the client-side of a ASP page to retrieve data from another asp page using the Microsoft.XMLDOM object. The client page passes 3 tags columns, table and Criteria. The receiving page builds the SQL statement executes the query and returns the row with all the column data. I am trying to convert it over to ASP.NET and I am getting errors on the xmlDOM.Load(Request.InputStream) on DLookup.aspx, the code is listed below. Someone suggested to use System.Net HTTP classes su...

rendering page through htmlTextWriter not getting me value on client side ...
 I have to get a value at client side, and i am using htmltextwriter and render method to do the same.htmltextwriter code:     Protected Overrides Sub Render(ByVal writer As HtmlTextWriter)               writer.WriteBeginTag("asp:HiddenField")         writer.WriteAttribute("id", "hdnActCodeId")         writer.WriteAttribute("runat", "server")         ...

Accessing server-side control in client-side javascript function; on Content page
I am trying to set an asp:textbox value in the Client side javascript function. It works fine on the standalone page. But when i try to do this the Content page, it’s giving the follwoing error message. document.getElementByID[...] is null of not an object  Any idea? Thanks, Riz   Hi, are you using ClientID property of that server control, to get its ID (which is rendered at the client and can be used with document.getElementById )?Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you my problem is solved....

Web resources about - How can i create get values from Opened page in client side to my first page(server page) - asp.net.client-side

iRobot Create - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
iRobot Create is a hobbyist robot manufactured by iRobot that is based on the Roomba platform and was introduced in 2007. However, iRobot Create ...

The Knot Creates Facebook Page To Help Hurricane Sandy Victims Salvage Their Weddings
The damage in the wake of Hurricane Sandy included some 2,300 weddings that had to be postponed or rescheduled, according to wedding portal The ...

Perth man ditches day job, creates Postcode Honey hive network
He quit the mining industry to chase his dream of making ultra-local honey accessible to everyone in Perth.

Omnicom to Use P&G as Impetus to Create a Third Media Agency
Omnicom Media Group, the big winner in the P&G review, today said it's planning to launch a third agency network for which P&G will be the charter ...

Zomato for iOS now lets you create theme-based restaurant collections
... a new Collections tab that allows you to see and bookmark collections of thematically related restaurants by people you follow, and even create ...

Spotify lets you create your year in music
... and genres, top artists by season, total minutes of music streamed and total number of songs and artists played. Once your list is created ...

Verizon has hired thousands of people to create the video service it says will replace cable TV
It’s no secret that the traditional cable TV business is in trouble, as younger millennial cord-cutters don’t see a need to pay for TV service. ...

French Minister Wants To Create $7500 Electric Car “For The People”
... change revs up, Madame Ségolène Royal, the French Minister of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy, announced that she wants to create ...

Trump’s call to ban Muslims would create H-1B, other turmoil
Early in his campaign, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump established himself as a champion of restrictions on the H-1B visa program. ...

Can A Coupon Taste Good? Krispy Kreme Creates Barcode Of Glaze For Free Dozen Donut Coupon
... 12 free glazed dough tori from Krispy Kreme. To ensure everyone has their fair shot at what it’s calling #dayofthedozen, the company has created ...