get server side datetime but run at client side

How do I get the server side datetime eg( 4 Aug 2006  6:12 : 01(seconds) AM  ) which the time is something similiar to ticking clock, once it get the
server side datetime, it will pass to the javascript.

From javascript it will increment the second by one, it is just similiar to ticking clock, after 10 seconds it will synchronize to the server datetime which means it get the latest server side datetime.   Is there any guide ? thanks in advance!!!

kiwi_cyh
0
kiwi_cyh

It seems you want to synchronize the time in client side display with the server.

You can use asynchronous client script callbacks (http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/asp.net/asynchronous-client-script-callbacks/), Remote Scripting(http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/rswaspdotnet.asp),or you can simply use ATLAS (AJAX toolkit).

Thanks,

Vivek

Social Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community

vivek_iit
8/5/2006 11:00:31 AM
is there any simple example. Im still newbies in asp.net

kiwi_cyh
0
kiwi_cyh

I need to get a server side button to run this client side code?
I need to get a server side button to run this client side code when the server button is clicked and then subsequently called by the server. Is it possible? The problem is that the print control is a client side activex. I can call it normally using a client side button but this is no good when I need to print more then one page. Any help would be great. Thanks. The code: function PrintProc(){ var MyPrinter; MyPrinter = new ActiveXObject("ImgXPrint6.ImgXPrint"); MyPrinter.PageFrom = 1; MyPrinter.PageTo = 1; MyPrinter.PageM...

Getting my client-side variable over to server-side
Ok so I have looked at a few posts on this subject and I can't quite figure out how to apply the idea to what I am doing here. I am using javascript to take amounts from 7 different textboxes and add them up on the fly, dropping the total in the 8th textbox. After they fill in that information they click button (postback) to continue throughout the form... what I need is for the "textboxTotalAmt" to move from client-side to server-side.  So I can access that total amount later in the form. Here is the Javascript piece... <script type="text/java...

running server side function from client side

client-side and server-side?
hi, can someone tells me how diff is client side and server side are these two? When I tried to do validation ... I would use Javascript ... which has something like: document.forms[0] ... I think that's client side. My understanding on server side is the "form" ... like u will have <form action=".." method=post> ..... </form> ... so it will send to server ... am I on the right track? Are there any other type of server side examples? Hi, ASP.NET itself is server side. Every piece of code processed is done on a server. What comes out of this is sent ...

What is Client Side and Server Side?
I am New of ASP.Net What we can and should do client side and Server Side? What uses? Please any one clear my doubt. Thanking YouEndendrum Priyamudan P m R Clientside is basically what a person can see and serverside is where actions get processed. that's kinda simply puyt but thats the deal, you code serverside, and the html and javascript it generates let's the users for example click a button, then serverside you have coded what should happen when a button gets clicked for example turn text red. Then the server sends a new page with red text to the client (clientside...

Client side and server side
We have a application, where we have some validation on the clientside using EnableClientSideValidation. If you don't have fullscreen you can't see some of the error-messages. What we want is to jump to the place on the page where the message is displayed. One problem is that the button is a serverbutton (runat="server"). How can we accomplish this on the clientside using the same button. I have tried to use "onClientClick" and a link something like this:   <A HREF=http://forums.asp.net/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=18#form>form<...

Server Side or Client Side
Hi I'm a bit confused about this whole server side / client side thing. Are applets, embeded objects consider client side? If I have a form within my aspx page which connects to a database on the server side what is it considered? If I have some business logic written within a VB file when the client access the functions within that business logic (for example some kind of validation function) does the client browser actually downloads that VB file? Can someone suggest how to differentiate between client side and server side components within a asp.net based website?  Hi, i can&#...

Server-side or Client-side
In general, I'm wondering if there are any criteria to use when choosing between using a client side element or a server side element. For example, if I'm going to put an HTML table on a page, how do I decide whether or not to use a server control?  Should the server side always be chosen or if there is not explicit server side functionality required is it better to opt for a "normal" client side table? Obviously, if there is a need for server side control the question is answered, I'm looking more at more ambiguous situations. Thanks  This is from Micros...

How to get innerText from IFrame (on server-side / on client-side)
Hi, is there some posibility how to read inner text from IFRAME on server-side ?I've tested it with innerText and InnerHtml but it doesnt work I also tested it on client-side with JavaScript but I'm still not able to read innerText or innerHTML of that frame. <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" Inherits="AJAX_Test.WebForm1" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > <head runat="server"> <title&...

How to get the Client side values in server side code.
Hi all, i have a proble i need to get the client side javascript values in C# code at server side. how can i pass those values? i am using version 1.1, i kno thatwe can use callback events mechnisam in 2.0 or ajax ,apart from that how we can pass? My problem is i need to stop the execution of the code based on after reciving values from the client   any ideas please???   Million thanks RamCheersRam MCP Hello Ram, a common approach is from javascript set an hidden field, then issue a postback. On the server-side, handle the post-back. Feel free to go deeper in your que...

Getting hidden variable value from server side in client side
hi,        I am struck in problem. I have a hidden field in my form and i am setting some value in that.         Now i wnt to use this value from client side but i m not able to retrieve it. All i am getting there is an object.         I feel the hidden field is not able to hold that value.         <input type="hidden" id="hdnVar" runat="server" />         in code behind      ...

Web resources about - get server side datetime but run at client side - asp.net.client-side

Is there a JQuery plugin to convert UTC datetimes to local user timezone?
If I have a tag: &lt;span class="utctime"&gt;2010-01-01 11:30 PM&lt;/span&gt; I would like a jquery script or plug in to convert every utctime ...

Targetprocess 3.7.3: Epic unit for Bug/Story cards, new DateTime functions in Webhook plugin
Webhook plugin supports new DateTime functions AddDays(DateTime date, int days) – Returns a new date with the number of days added. The number ...

Common Pitfalls when working with DateTime’s
In .NET, the DateTime structure provides us wonderful functionality, but this seemingly simple structure can cause a lot of headaches if you ...

Parsing Twitter Date format to .Net DateTime
Recently when I needed to parse the twitter datetime format into a .Net DateTime I found this post on the web showing how to do it. However, ...

C Sharp (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(pronounced see sharp ) is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing , imperative , declarative , functional , generic ...

1753 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Afrikaans አማርኛ العربية Aragonés Asturianu Aymar aru Azərbaycanca বাংলা Bân-lâm-gú Basa Banyumasan Беларуская ‪Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‬ ...

Coded Smorgasbord: Schizophrenic Haiku Comments and More
... writes Malcom StandardResponse UnSubscribeNewsletterUserAccount( string opTinGUID,string email, string sellingRegion, string source, DateTime ...

Limburg.be - Welkom op de site van de provincie Limburg - Welkom_op_de_site_van_de_provincie_Limburg
visit wonen werken leven ontspannen infopunt home op trefwoord contactpersonen wegwijs sitemap print deze pagina Je bent hier: limburg.be Contact ...

Simples Ideias. Por Nando Vieira.
Simples Ideias Siga-me no Twitter Junho/2012 Usando o Vagrant como ambiente de desenvolvimento no Windows http://simplesideias.com.br/usando ...