downloading .NET dll's to client side

hi!

does anyone knows how can I download .NET assembly to the client side using the <Object> tag with vesioning?
I tried using :
<OBJECT id="MyUserControl" style="WIDTH: 1000px; HEIGHT:800px" codeBase="MyUserControl.dll#1,0,0,0" classID="MyUserControl.dll#MyNamespace.MyClass"> </OBJECT>

but my MyUserControl.dll assembly is dependent on several other .net dll which should be download indirectly as well.
It works fine.
The problem arises when I advance the MyUserControl.dll AssemblyVersion (and his dependent dll as well) the explorer tries to download the new dll and I get a FusionBindError!Name=MyUserControl in my TempInternetFiles and the dll (both new and old) doesnt work.
anyone for the rescue?
thanks.
0
world208

Another problem I Have is:

How to create a cab file with a version number?
0
world208
12/11/2003 4:11:13 PM
ok
0
jrosales

Is it possible to redirect client's browser from the client side?
What I'm getting at is this. My server doesn't have access to certain websites. But my client's browsing my site will have access from the computers they're using. Can my programming logic somehow open up a restricted access site by routing the command to the client's browser and then out on to the web? Or is the best I can do simply putting a hyperlink up that the user can click on? Thanks for any help. To perform any action on the client you will need to consider using a client-side language such as Javascript. You would then be able to do something like document.location('url to re...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

Communicate with the client side com port (com1) additionally using a 3rd party dll which is an imported library (non .net compatible dll)
So, I'm an idiot.  I wrote some code and was thrilled when I was able to interact with my COM port controlling a 1-d stage and my USB device, measuring power density, until someone pointed out that they were connected to my server and that the code I wrote only granted access to the server COM ports.... I started down this path because of the new SerialPort class...and just realized it's not the right tool for the job, then went home early to stew in my own frustrations. I've done this before, 4 years ago, using javax.comm Class SerialPort for a different co...

.NET for client side?
Is this the idea of "Atlas" but using JavaScript rather than another technology? Atlas's goal is to abstract various browser implementations of DOM API and to ease out the developer's job to write rich client applications. Atlas hence makes use of the existing all-browser supported JavaScript to achieve this. Thanks for your reply.Let me convey my idea differently: I would like to author client side code using a class system. I recognise that Atlas is a technology for producing JS code, much in the same way that ASP.NET produces HTML for the browser.Will Atlas be m...

newbie's question,HttpResponse.Cache is server side cache or client side cache?
I mean if i want to cache some client-relate information,can i use the httpresponse.cache? The Cache object is server-side. Client caching is entirely controlled by the user's browser. So, you can only make suggestions to the client-side cache by using things like the Pragma-NoCache header....

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0
Hi i am new bie to asp.net 2.0.Till date i have been developing projects using VS.Net 1.1 and now i hv decided to upgrade to new version 2.0.Now i want to run and develop my projects using any of the versions as desired.My question is that can i install vs 2.0 without updating the previous version and will i be able to develop and run my applications in any of the versions as desired.i have been known that we can run these versions side by side(i.e. one application can use 1.1 and other 2.0),but can we do side by side development as well(i.e. one application can use 1.1...

Do i need a .Net framework on the client side?
Hello all, Can anyone tell me if there is a .Net framework needed on the client side when want to run an ASP .Net web application? Or will it generate plain html that only requires an Internet browser? Or is it dependent on the version of ASP.Net (1.0, 1.1, 2.0?)   Thanks!   AlbertWeeda     There is no need for the .NET framework to be on the client computer to access your web applications.ASP.NET Websites renders into HTML so all your client needs is a HTML web browser.  you don't need it. and it generates plain html that only requires an Intern...

Changing client side cookies in .NET
I have a few cookies in my applicaiton which are created using javascript. Now I can read the cookies no problem. I can create the cookies in .NET and read them in javascript no problem. If the cookie is created in .NET i can modify it's value in .NET no problem. If the cookie is create in javascript I can modify it's value in javascript no problem. What I can't do is change the value of a cookie created in javascript using .NET. I have tried every permutation of Cookies.Add, Cookies.Set, Cookies.Remove using both the response and request objects. I can debug the code and see ...

Client side .Net Framework version
Dearl All,I have got a windows form embedded into a web application which requires .Net Framework 2.0 on the client end.Now my question is that how can I check if the client has .Net Framework installed or not and also which version it is? Thanks  You can check it through javascript from web app. .NET embeds its version information to IE user agent. So, in IE you can check for .NET with window.navigator.userAgent. For example use the following line in JavaScript to detect .NET 2.0: if (window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf(".NET CLR 2.0") != -1) { // some code goes...

Web resources about - downloading .NET dll's to client side - asp.net.client-side

Uploading and downloading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... include a web server , FTP server, email server, or other similar systems. A download can mean either any file that is offered for downloading ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
... with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, and share uploading and downloading ...

I'm Downloading on the App Store on iTunes
Get I'm Downloading on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Why is Dropbox so slow at downloading?
I've upgraded to the new version, and have relinked the machine that was upgraded. It's downloading at 5K per second. Why so slow? This is on ...

Password Hacks, Downloading Movies Legally, and Bluetooth Headphones - YouTube
This week on the podcast we're talking about everybody getting hacked, the best browser for privacy, and sex myths debunked. We're also answering ...

Stars fear illegal downloading
Stars fear illegal downloading

You Might Not Get Fined For Downloading Dallas Buyers Club
Dallas Buyers Club pirates and torrenters, there may be a shining light at the end of the dark tunnel ahead of you. The studio behind the movie ...

Australian anti-piracy crusader Graham Burke on illicit downloading, failure and exercise
Anti-piracy crusader Graham Burke says his company will soon be prepared to sue pirates.

Music Piracy - Illegal Downloading - Kazaa - Woman Loses Appeal
US woman loses $222,000 music downloading appeal

iiNet - Illegal Film Downloading - Piracy - Copyright - BitTorrent - File Sharing
IN THE movie industry's landmark case over illegal film downloads, internet service provider iiNet has launched its counter-attack, calling the ...