Docking controls to a web form - help needed please

Hi,

With a windows application it is possible to dock and anchor controls to the form. I'm creating a web app and wish to dock and anchor webgrids, panels etc to my webform. I.e. I’ve created a masterpage (template) and want to dock a webgrid to the bottom of it so every webform i create that is based on it has a docked webgrid at the bottom of the webform.

I've tried using the following (I’m using Infragisitics controls but have tried it with VS web controls with no success):

UltraWebGrid1.Dock = Dockstyle.bottom

I realise that both dock and anchor are members of the "System.Windows.Forms" namespace but is ther an equivalent for the "System.Web.UI.Page" namespace? If not, how do you go about docking or anchoring web controls from the toolbox onto webforms please?

Nick.
0
NewDev

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formn...

Web User Control +Client Side Control
Two Questions if Possible:  1: Some controls have methods/properties that can be gotten/set client-side (IE ASP:Timer).  Can usally access them by "$find('<%=Control.ClientID%>').get_(set_)name()".  I made a User Control that has a "Enabled" Propertiy (basically sets a bunch of its components to "visible = false" and then a Timer.Enabled=false).  I can't access my user controls "enabled" via client side script (IE $find(UserControl.ClientID).set_enabled(false)).  How do I bundle this type of fu...

Client Side Windows.Forms Control and Web Services New Session ID / Inconsistent Behavior
Hi All,  I am going nuts here and have tried everything I know, googled, read msdn docs and I am still having this problem. Basically... I have a .net Control (.dll built on windows.forms, from system control not a web control) that the client loads via <object></object> tags ala ActiveX. In the control I have a method to execute a call to a web service to collect some information. While the page is getting built and sent to the client browser I use session variables to store some info. The client .net control then calls a webService in the same applic...

How to access the properties and methods of the ActiveX control on the client side in Web Form using javascript or vbscript
Hi All, I have looked almost every where for this, and I'll be really appreciated if someone can help me with this. I found a article in MS KB article, #317392, but it is not extactly what I wanted. How do you reference an ActiveX control's methods and properties with javascript in the ASPX? Following is what I have. Some how the following line in the btnclick() does not seems to be working. AlarmCtl.StartTimer() I have done this with just .HTML and it works just fine. Can any one help. Thanks in advance. //===========================...

Need to prompt client with Print Dialog from IE; need some format to print web form content
Have you ever been on a website, and it will have a link or button to "Print Something", and when pressed, the Windows print dialog will automatically appear?  Well that is what I need to do.  I am guessing it must be some Javascript or something in .NET to do this.  So here are my questions. 1. How do I show the user a print dialog box from IE when they click on a link or button on my ASP.NET page? 2. The content I want to print is just a long set of instructions in an ASP.NET text box.  What would be the best product/format to put this in that can ...

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

.Net Windows Control in Web Form
Hi all,How can I use a .Net windows control in a web form? I use object tag but it doesn't work and displays empty.Thanks in advance cheers Hi, you can check this article out: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. This shows only how to host the control. If you want interaction with the client you can do this by setting the correct CAS (Code Access Security) settings on the client pc. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Thanks guys for your replycheers...

client side validation for web controls
 Hi, I have an asp.net page with some text boxes and some navigation buttons like ,next, previous, first, last and new buttons( all are .net server controls)  When I click the, say next button, it will save the currents records data, before moving to the new record. The VB code is like this. Protected Sub btnPrev_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles btnPrev.Click, btnNext.Click, btnFirst.Click, btnLast.Click        'Navigation buttons          UpdateFormData()  '...

Web resources about - Docking controls to a web form - help needed please - asp.net.client-side

Woman hit by out of control car at bus stop in Deer Park - HeraldSun Search Search
A WOMAN has died after being hit by an out-of-control car while waiting for her bus in Deer Park this morning.

Control Alexa and your entire smart home from your car with HeadsUp
HeadsUp is a San Francisco startup that is aiming to be the end-all, beat-all when it comes to in-transit control. Founder Arnab Raychaudhuri, ...

Wink brings local control to your automated lights
... which is also one of the few hub makers that is compatible with Amazon Echo. Now Wink is beefing up it offering with what it terms "local control" ...

SoCalGas Announces Temporary Control Of Gas Leak In Porter Ranch
The temporarily controlled leak has driven thousands of residents from their Porter Ranch homes and has been blamed for a variety of symptoms, ...

Fast, deep, out of control: The confounding market rout
Every expert has a view about what's buffeting global markets, but consensus is elusive including about what's next

​I used my eyes to control virtual reality, and someday you will too
The next wave of AR and VR headsets, and especially smartglasses, could get a lot better with eye tracking. Eyefluence convinced me.

How to control your Mac with an iPhone or iPad
... We’ve all done it. This is why I always have Screens VNC running on all my devices. With the help of a single app, you can access and control ...

Congressmen Come To Aid Of Christian Business In Birth Control Battle
Congressmen Come To Aid Of Christian Business In Birth Control Battle

Amazon Echo Can Now Control Thermostats
Amazon Echo is expanding its role as the centerpiece of the smart home by directly integrating WiFi-connected thermostats into its system.