diplay a web page into an area of another web page

How can I display a web page into an area of an other web page? I am using asp.net 2.0 and would like to avoid frames, but the functionality I need is just the one of a frame.

Thanks

Giancarlo Stinga

0
gstinga

You can use an iframe:

http://www.mike-levin.com/iframes/

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
9/12/2007 4:02:32 PM

DarrellNorton:

Wow!  Thanks for the extremely helpful link, Mr. MVP Moderator.  And we are supposed to look up to you guys... Angry

Giancarlo: Here are some useful and relevant links for your reference:

    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

    http://htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/special/iframe.html

Hope this helps!  Please mark the helpful post(s) as Answer.

Josh Stodola ← Come check out my blog!
0
JoshStodola

link a web page to another web page?
I have a web page with my banner and buttons for my site on it. I want to add this to all of my pages. Instead of copying a pasting that to every page. Is there a way i can link the pages to the banner page? Thanx use ascx?:) Or you could create a template page. That is: Create a page inherited from System.Web.UI.Page and place your banner and buttons in this and then have all your other pages inherit tis custom page instead of System.Web.UI.Page. ...

i web page referencing another web page
Can one web page reference a control on another web page? EX. a page is brought up with a number of textbox controls. Using a hyperlink one can pop up a nother page with the calendar control. Select a date from the calendar control and place the value back in the previous page. Can this be done and how? Use a Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock to open a window, with a javascript string like this: "<script language=Javascript>window.open('my_url.aspx','window_name','left=100,top=100,width=200,height=500,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes');</script>" Then you can s...

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

activating new web page from another web page

How to open another web page from one web page
Hi, I am writing an asp.net(C#) 2.0 web page with a link to another web page by clicking a button control on the page, so how can I link it in the codes? I cannot access another aspx page class within the current aspx page class.  Thanks If you need to re-direct the user to another page after pressing your Button, then use the Response.Write method like so: Response.Redirect("~/Default.aspx")Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET 1) Response.Redirect( "Destination PageName");2) Response.Transfer("Destination PageName");3) Hyperlink(  set Url="...

how can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site
Can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site? I know you could use a frameset with .asp, but it looks like Visual Web Delevoper 2005 does not have any controls to setup a frameset. Any help, that would point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks Patrick     With screen scraping 4GuysFromRolla.Com: Screen Scrapes in ASP.NEThttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070601-1.shtmlThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you. This information was a great help!!! Thanks again Patrick...

How to databind control in one web page from another web page
Hi all,  I have a listbox control and a button control in a web page. Once the user clicks the button another web page is opened. The new web page will accept some data from the user which will be used to databind the listbox in the first web page. In other words, the two web pages ( the parent window and the child window) are open at the same time. The child page needs to databind a control in the parent page. Is there a way to do it? I need some code. Thx in advance Update: I hate to do this. Looks like I will have to take help of viewstate and session si...

Is it possible to embed part of one web page into another web page?
Any answers will be highly appreciated.  Thanks. If you can adjust the page you want to embed onto the other page, you could use a .ascx (web forms control).  Then you can add controls to it and just drag and drop it using VS.NET from the Solution Explorer window to the webform.  You can then also embed it onto other pages in that same web project easily by drag n drop.  I hope this helps, it's not exactly a portion of a web page but may be an acceptable alternative for you.Rachel AppelMVP - ASPInsider In order to better answer this, I could use some details as ...

parent web page --child web page
Dear Developers , how to get values child web page values to parent web page ? For the example , I have parent Employee Address. and child Page have employee personal address.. when i access the Parent page , there is no employee address means ..child page pop rises , after complete child page then only , i can access the parent page.. how to i do .. Thanking u raja Thanks,Regards,Rajamsrasa@yahoo.com...

Web page opens second web page, how does first page know when the second one closes?
I have an app written in ASP.NET where one of the web pages opens up a web page in a second window.  When this second web page closes, the first web page needs to update its data.  How do you do this? You can have the child window call a parent method when the user clicks a link to close it. Otherwise, you'd have to set up polling to check for the existence of the child, and refresh if it doesn't exist. Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistakes, I should be brilliant by now." Thanks, this gives me part of the answer...

Update a web page from another page
Hi I would like to know the best way to build an updatable web page that is changed or updated from another page in the application. All I need is to have a text area that is changed once in a while. This text area will need to hold a large amount of text. Any advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance If I've understand the question correctly, it can be achieved in various ways. 1. Create the target page and bind the text area with a data source (XML, txt, database etc). 2. Use the Posting Page to post the entry in the repository (XML, txt, database) ...

All web pages hang on web server when one of the web pages calls a run away sql query
Hi: We have a Windows 2003 dedicated web server running the .NET Frameworks 1.0 and 2.0.  We have a SQL Server cluster running SQL Server 2000.  Unfortunately, we do not have a test environment.  I have 2 .NET web sites in production.  My coworker has a voting .NET web page using AJAX on the same server.  The coworker wrote a query that was not indexing properly and when the page fired the query...the cluster went to almost 100% utilization.  My two web pages would hang and show a blank white page on the default.aspx.  Neither of m...

want to allow create new web page and edit exiting web page using my web application?
 I am using asp.net 2.0 VS 2005 pro edition. I want to make web application(web form)  where my uses can go and create simple web page or can create page , so then can add page/edit features let me know if some one know , how to do this , any idea, I want to allow my user to create web page and edit web page using my web applications. some one tell me how to do that Note : I dont want to use HTMl editor or any third party software tools thank you maxmax Hello, There is many ways you can implement this. And to build your application you to need to understand the exact ou...

Web resources about - diplay a web page into an area of another web page - asp.net.client-side

Obama: We have cut off every path for Iran to obtain nuclear bomb
"This is a good day because once again we are seeing what's possible through strong American diplomacy," Obama said at the White House, adding ...

Survivors Recall Narrow Escape From Burkina Faso Attack
Wall Street Journal Survivors Recall Narrow Escape From Burkina Faso Attack New York Times OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso — As al-Qaida fighters ...

NBC’s Packers-Cardinals Playoff Game Sets Divisional Ratings Record
Last night’s overtime NFC Divisional Playoff game between The Green Bay Packers and Arizona Cardinals has posted an 18.8/33 household rating ...

Search for 12 Marines from downed helicopters enters 3rd day
Tampabay.com Search for 12 Marines from downed helicopters enters 3rd day Tampabay.com A search vessel cruises the waters off the beach at ...

State of Emergency Declared Over Man-Made Water Disaster in Michigan City
New York Times State of Emergency Declared Over Man-Made Water Disaster in Michigan City New York Times President Obama has declared a state ...

Tsai Ing-wen: Who is Taiwan's first female president, leader of the Democratic Progressive Party?
Law professor turned DPP leader, nicknamed 'Little Ing', breaks the pattern for Asian women in politics.

United beats Liverpool 1-0 to spark talk of title challenge
LIVERPOOL, England (AP) — Manchester United relied on brilliant goalkeeping by David de Gea and an opportunistic finish by Wayne Rooney to snatch ...

Martin Luther King had complicated legacy on gun violence
seattlepi.com Martin Luther King had complicated legacy on gun violence Miami Herald Martin Luther King Jr. was surrounded by guns, even though ...

Marco Rubio Says He Bought A Gun On Christmas As 'Last Line Of Defense' Against ISIS
Many Americans were wishing for "Peace on the earth, good will to men" while celebrating Christ's birth, but Republican presidential candidate ...

Microsoft stops support of old Windows on new PCs. What?
Microsoft is making some terrible changes to the Windows support policies. For the first time, older versions of Windows won't be supported on ...