Client side Validations are not working

Hi all,
I have a Registration Page which is used for registering new users. on the Client click of a button "Submit" i have written a javascript code "return Checknull()". CheckNull is a function in javascript externally written in file called MandatoryFields.js. When I run the application. I am getting an exception in the code behind where i have written the code for saving the fields, whenever i just click on the button without entering the details for registering. what could be the Problem. I have given the script tag also...

Please help me.
0
jayateertha_iteam

 Code or it did not happen. :)

What is the error? Your description is too generic.

Eric

Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn
0
A1ien51
12/28/2008 9:00:31 PM
I think that ur have disabled the scripting in ur browser.If u r using IE the go to properties of IE and there u will have ADVANCE Tab.Just Click on that remove the "check" from "Disable Script Debugging".I think then it might work
0
Rakesh
12/29/2008 2:44:48 AM

 I think it's better to use ASP.NET on validator control. They serve the same purpose.

0
abidshahzad
12/29/2008 7:43:07 AM
the Javascript code is not working. I get no errors in javascript i get an exception in code as date format is not correct
0
jayateertha_iteam
12/29/2008 9:56:15 AM

 Hi

Did u use return false in your javascript code whenever the field is null ?

Did u check whether the javascript function is getting called by giving an alert message on start of the method?

0
mas_anand
12/29/2008 10:12:12 AM
Ya i did giving an alert message and it was going to function but it is not working after wards.
0
jayateertha_iteam

Client-side validation works, but server-side does not.
Hey all,I have got this text box control on my webform, which has two validators.. 1. RegularExpressionValidator and 2. CustomValidator.Now, RegularExpressionValidator control works if I enable client-script. But somehow it does not work for server-side validation. Any idea why this is happening? This happens to another textbox control on other web form as well which has similar coding. So, to enable the validation at present I can only do client-side validation I guess.  1 <TD> 2 <anthem:TextBox id="txtDatePlannedSurgery" CssClass="aspText" Runat="server" AutoCal...

Server Side Validation vs Client Side Validation
If your page is using client side validation for required fields, expressions, etc.     What are the benefits or disadvantages of using 'extra' server side validation for max lengths, parsing, etc? Both have their Advantages and Disadvantages... so give this a read http://www.dotnetexpertsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=172 Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET hi there, advantage: because you are using javascript some browsers for any reason may not sup...

client side validation vs server side validation
hello  i see a web form that consists of three controls :textbox,requiredfieldvalidator that weired to the textbox and a button within the click event of the button there is the following: if page.isvalid then response.redirect("Page is valid") else response.redirect("Page is not valid") end if according to my understandings: when the user does not fill anything in the textbox and then clicks the button the the page will not be submitted (i.e no request to the page will be happened or no postback will be happened) then no server event will be happened so it is sure when the us...

Server side validation affecting client side validation
Hi there I have some client side validation that is working fine and enables/disables buttons based on user selections. This works great. However, when I perform server side validation using custom validators (like checking if the user has entered < HTML > tags or decimals in the integer boxes) and the server side validation returns isValid = false then all of the JavaScript validation that I've already done when the user clicked each control is lost. I don't understand why the enabled/disabled state of the control is not maintained.  What is calling the JavaScr...

avoiding redundant server-side validation after client-side validation
I see an inaccurate validation behavior on my asp.net (2.0) form. The EnableClientScript property of my validation control is set to True by default, so it performs the validation on clientside. But as soon as this occurs, it also performs the server-side validation, so the page refreshes. When the validation error occurs on clientside, it should not do the validation on serverside (I'm not calling Page.Validate() or doing Page.IsValid). In my past experience, asp.net handled this automatically, but I guess it's not always the ca...

Client side or server side validation???
I have multiple usercontrols each displayed by pressing a button and then change the apperance to a new user control and so on. I have to check that almost every field in this user controls have a value entered, and then indicate (e.g. with a red star) those textboxes that does'nt have a value entered. How should I do this in the best way, client side or server side with some validator? I have in mind that when using a server side validator, it may dissapear when making a postback. But I'm not sure, and I assume there is a way to come around this problem?What do you all say? Client side or s...

client side and server side validation
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/util/srcview.aspx?path=/quickstart/aspplus/samples/webforms/validate/validator8.src&file=CS\validator8.aspx&font=3 i am trying to do custom validation something similar to the above. I hv done the Severvalidate method in the code behind. What about the client validation? do i do it in code behind or in javascript as shown? The goal is to add text like this to the page:<script language='javascript'>function MyFunction(src, args){  // your logic to set args.IsValid here}</script>ASP.NET doesn't care if you typed it directly in...

Validations client side or server side ???
Where should the validations (Required field, range, etc.) be done in an web page client side or server side?  As per my knowledge most of the validations are on client side using javascript, unfortunately it won't work if someone has disabled their browsers javascript option. what do we do in this case? Any suggestion please. Both... Client-side for rich client experience. Server-side for data validation and for clients who have disabled javascript. *Always* validate on the server side. You will still get the benefits of client-side validation on browsers setup to handle th...

validation, is it better to have client side or use server side validator controls
 Hi All. I want to do validation on text boxes etc. Is it better to do client side validation or just use the server side validation controls?   Hi!  If for server side controls you mean RequiredFieldValidator, CompareValidator, RegularExpressionValidator, etc.. i can tell you that they use client and server validation. For instance if you use a RequiredFieldValidator, on the client will be a validation, but on the server this condition will be evaluated again. Probably one of the objetives of this is deal with client with javascript disabled. Of course I ...

custom validation control client side validation did not work

Validation Conrols: Client Side or Server Side?
Hi Folks, I am just wondering if the validation controls, use javascript...or server side code behind...Clearly, I would prefer it be server-side, because i'm concerned that a potential evil-doer could by-pass the validation, by turning off JS.If the validation controls use JS --- can someone refer me to proper server side validation techniques (VB). Thanks, - Joel    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple."- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest ASP.NET validation controls always use server-side validation, with additional client-side...

Disabling Client Side and Server Side Validation
I have a page which contains a User ID and Password field which have RequiredFieldValidators against them. The page can also load a User Control which contains another field which also has a RequiredFieldValidator against it. When I submit the form I use the ValidatorEnable function to disable the validator, on the User Control Page, when the user is signing in. This works fine on the client side but the page fails on the server side as I presume it does not know that I have disabled the control from the client side. Can anyone tell me the best way to solve this problem. Thanks M...

When do the validators kick in? Are they server side or client side?
 Hello,I am confused. I was under the impression that asp.net validators work on the client side.But I was confused when I set the enabled property of validator to false and then the validator did not work. (RegularExpressionValidator1.Enabled = false;)But the other confusing thing to me is that if the validators  work on the server side then when don't i see the page refresh like on other postback events? Kindly throw some light.Thanks!   Validators always work on the server side (assuming they're enabled), but also work on the client side if EnableClientScript is t...

SERVER SIDE DATA VALIDATION ON CLIENT SIDE
I wonder if this is the right forum to post this question because it is an issue about both server and client side processing. I am developing a web application (online store) which will run in a hosting company. Users accessing this app will be able to place orders with one limitation; the store has a schedule to accept orders. For example, it can be open from 8AM to 10PM and/or it can be closed on Mondays. I just can't validate time and/or day directly because time zone may lead to wrong results. So I thought about getting the schedule information, which is saved in my database, ...

Web resources about - Client side Validations are not working - asp.net.client-side

Cross-validation (statistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a model validation technique for assessing how the results of a statistical analysis will generalize to an independent data set. It is mainly ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
World No.1 Adam Scott has taken out his first PGA tournament as the world's No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...