Change hidden field value on client side, then retrieve on serverside

I am trying to change a hidden field's value on the client side with Javascript, then retrieve it after postback.

The hidden field is inside a user control. The user control's containing page attempts to access the hidden field's value in a click event handler, but the hidden field's value still has the old value.

However, by the user control's prerender phase the hidden field does contain the new value.

I notice that if I use Request.Form, the same behaviour is exhibited.

How can I retrieve the hidden field's new value, without having to wait for the prerender stage. Or alternatively, how can I force the the request object to be populated by the time my event handler is executing?

0
acl123

I've resolved this - seems the issue was something else.
0
acl123

Using hidden field to store value then calling that value from client side
I have three tabs (1,2,3) on my main page each tab contains a datagrid... when a user select a tab then leaves the main page and returns to that main page(without exiting browser) I need for the page to open with the tab last selected by that user so that they can pick up where they left off. No one can seem to help me with this issue.... My javascript (client side) code function is as follows: <asp:HiddenField ID="hdnNewPanel" runat="server" /> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> &nb...

Passing client side to server side using hidden field
 I have a hidden asp.net text box that is being updated on the client via javascript. I am trying to determine the best way to detect when that hidden field has changed and read the new value on the server. I would like to do this WITHOUT posting back. I have tried using the TextChanged event but that requires blur state to be changed before it gets fired. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks, Justin.  Can you use __doPostBack() to trigger a partial postback at the same time the hidden TextBox is updated, from JavaScript? Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Lates...

Getting hidden variable value from server side in client side
hi,        I am struck in problem. I have a hidden field in my form and i am setting some value in that.         Now i wnt to use this value from client side but i m not able to retrieve it. All i am getting there is an object.         I feel the hidden field is not able to hold that value.         <input type="hidden" id="hdnVar" runat="server" />         in code behind      ...

Client-Side Changes to Hidden Field Not Persisted
I've got a bit of Javascript that updates the value of a HiddenField at some point on the client side. I've verified that the script does in fact update the field. The problem comes during postback, instead of the new value being persisted to the viewstate, its value is lost early on in the postback. Any ideas?  To persist the changes to the server, the hidden field needs to have runat="server" property.  Here is a very simple example to demonstrate it works fine.  <asp:HiddenField ID="hdnField1" runat="server" /> <input ...

Sending array data with hidden input field from client side to server side
I have some values that I'm sending with javascript to the server side code via a hidden input field.  This works great.  However, I want to find an elegant way to split the values up on the server side.  What I have below works, but it doesn't seem like a very clean solution.  Client codevar values = '&approved=1&funded=0&winprob=2'; document.form1.ipHidden.value = values.toString(); Server codeDim strValues As String = ipHidden.Value.ToString() Dim strApproved = strValues.Substring(strValues.IndexOf("approved=") + 9, 1)Dim st...

Hidden field client side value lost on post back
Hi, I have a checkbox list , two text box , with link to javascript calendars and two hidden fields. The checkbox list contains years with start and end date in text part and the two textboxes are From and To date. Initially when the page is loaded the first year in the list is checked then the hidden field for start and end date is set at server side. After that on client side onload we run a javascript that picks up the date from hidden fields and set them on the two dates textboxex respectively in client locale. No when i change the checkbox check the repect date in text part of the ...

How can I set client side values as server side values?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts? There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and insert into the db? How do I go about this? Thanks for any pointers Davlon PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300) Pass them as page parameters, e.g., http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array and get these values. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kie...

Client side set hidden field value not POSTing back
 hi,(sorry, I dont have any code snippets to hand as I'm away from the dev machine at the mo)I have a page which makes two seperate WebServce calls for data. One is via an Ajax call, the other is server side.The flow is as follows:1. Ajax Web Service call returns a collection2. In the js script file, read the PK's of the collection and set a hiddenfield with the comma-seperated keys3. initiate a __doPostBack call from script - target an update panel on the page which then calls the second Web ServiceThe problem I am experiencing is that after I have made the first call and ...

Client-side values to server-side ?
Hi! My previous query is attached below: I have implemented the below mentioned implementation . 'listbox1' on 'webform1' shows all the values from 'webform2'. I have implemented it using javascript. I would like to know that to implement validation on 'webform1', I would require the values of 'listbox1' ,which are on the client-side , to move to the server-side . I think sending a querystring will be fine but how to implement it using javascript and code-behind(C#)? Your suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and regards, ap.       My previous query: " I am stuck wi...

Client Side values to Server Side
What is the best way to transfer Client Side values to the Server side? For example I have a variable "var1" in javascript. var1 = "sample"; How can I acquire this value in the server side?  What is the best approach for this?  Barry to send the value to the server during a postback, you need to place the value in an input control.  You could consider using a hidden textbox for that purpose.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ In the JavaScrip...

pls help: how to get client-side HTML "text field" value from a server side button
i copy some javascript from somewhere so user can choose pick up a date from a calendar and display the date onto a HTML text field. I have no knowledge in writing client side script(i.e. write code in html) can i write some code in a server-side button to get the value in the HTML text field??? i tried: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click textbox1.text = document.getElementById("htmltext").value End Sub but "document" is highlighted, and say isn't declar yet. and...

Hidden Field that is set on server side...not getting the last updated value from client?
Hi, I have a hidden field that tracks errors in my server side asp.net 2.0 code.  However, when I set the value to an error (from it's default value "NotSet") in the server side code and then when trying to access that Hidden Variable from the client the value is still set to the default value, "NotSet" instead of the error information. Any ideas as to what is going on here? Thanks in advance!   Server Side....  catch (Exception er) { Errors.Value = er.Message; o o o } Client Side.... function getErrors() { var cho = document.getElementById('<%=Errors.ClientID...

Use client side code to get hidden field value from calling page
Hi, I have a web application that is being called from an extranet app. I need to access the value of a hidden form variable on the calling form, I have tried Request.form("Fieldname") & cannot pick up any values. They are not keen on passing the value in the querystring - I would really appreciate some help on this. Thanks If the item is not in the form collection, then they're probably not doing a POST to your page. You can pass information to a page three ways: URL (querystring, fragment, etc), POST (form.submit()), and via a HTTP Header. They'll need to decide...

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

Web resources about - Change hidden field value on client side, then retrieve on serverside - asp.net.client-side

Ville Saarinen (@vsaarinen) on Twitter

Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Cloud Computing
... information, standard documentation(s) or properly written guides (textual or video guide) on topics related to usage or guides for serverside ...

AOL Instant Messenger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
7.5.12.6 / March 19, 2012 ; 4 months ago ( 2012-03-19 ) AOL Instant Messenger (abbreviated AIM ) is an instant messaging and presence computer ...

StartUp Jobs Asia - We Bring Great Talents to Great Startups!
Startup Hire, Startup Hiring, Startup Recruiting, Work in Startup in Singapore , Malaysia , Thailand - Easily search for hundreds of startup ...

Windows – reading the tea leaves
del.icio.us Tags: Windows7 , Microsoft , Windows , Beta Funny how when you say “reading tea leaves” – it means looking into the future. And yet, ...

Backend Techlead at DriveCarma ~ Authentic Jobs
... scalable backend systems but ready to hack web and mobile clients when required. Responsibilities: Define, implement, and support serverside ...

Disagreeing with Ken Arnold on Java Design, Kapor Vaporware and a Triple F List
... I've ... Java [and C#] Design Issues I recently found an interview with Ken Arnold , one of the original designers of CORBA, via The ServerSide ...

Airbnb Engineering - Home
We first introduced Rendr, our library for running Backbone.js apps seamlessly on both the client and the server, in a blog post a few months ...

JavaScript image deep ZOOM gallery PHP / ASP.NET visual configurator
Embeded example of JavaScript zoom gallery with a possibility to visually change some options such as gallery types, motions, positions, colors, ...

Serverside stylesheet switcher
... support isn't high enough to support the stylesheet switcher (e.g. jQuery isn't supported). You can program this page in whatever serverside ...