Can you call a c# on the server side from javascript functions on client side

Hello guys

This is something intresting I have come across during development.
I have a javascript written in a .JS file , to my knowledge the .js files are executed on the server side.
But security concerns with java script that these .js files can be access by connecting to port 80 of the server .
So an ultimate alternative reminas to call c# code from a java script function.
Can anyone Help me on this matter

Regards
Nihar
0
knihar

Hi Nihar,

Usually .js files executed on client side. Please explain your configuration.
Leon Langleyben

MCSD, ASP.NET MVP

Blog
0
llangleyben

How to call server side(C#) function from Client side(Javascript) function?
Hi i have used below functions,  function HandleOnClose() {// this function will be called after clicking browsers close button in Internet explorer if (event.clientY < 0) { event.returnValue = 'Are you sure you want to leave the page?'; } // if he clicks ok then i need to call one server side function in this instance.. else not. } <body onbeforeunload="HandleOnClose()" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">other controls in page..</div>  How to achieve this? Thanks MS AJAX Extensions would be the option of choice here. Combined with webservices you can...

Call server side function from client side javascript
I have a javascript where I either need to call an onclick even of a server link button or I need to be able to call a server side function.   The only thing is I cant use AJAX.  Is there any way I can do this or am I spinning my wheels. Thanks!-------------Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I have a similar problem.  In my case, I would like to set a server-side session object from JavaScript.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  Dan Sure, y...

how to call server side function from client side javascript?
Hi all, I have a image button in the update panel. I would like to call a method from server side (not from webservice) to get the variable when Onclick on the image button is invoked. Is there any way that I can able to access this function from the client script? In using the UpdatePanel, in essence, you're already doing this because there will not be a full postback.  You can make an asynchronous call to your Click method of your ImageButton.  So, what do you want to do with this "variable"?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient."...

How to call server side function from client side JavaScript?
I want to call a server-side function, like a button's click event or just another private or public function , from a client-side JavaScript function. How do I do that? thanX AnzIf this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer.ClientSideAsp.Net | Blog Maybe alittle more that you need, but....... 1) Put a button on the page. Lets say its id is Button1. Make sure that its has causesValidation=false 2) Write the code for the button. 3) Write the following in the PAge_Load event Button1.Attributes.Add("onClick", "myJSFunction(); return false") 4) Copy this javascript onto your page. function myJSFunction() {         //Fix to get the button to validate the page         if (typeof(Page_ClientValidate) == 'function')         {                 Page_ClientValidate();         }         if (Page_IsValid)         {                 var answer = confirm('Do you wish to continue?');                  if (answer)                 {                     &...

Is it possible to call client side function from server side code without initial client request?
Atlas is great. I'm using timer to periodically check database changes on server to populate client side controls with new data. Is it possible to do it without a lot of client requests to server which takes a huge useless network traffic? Server should call client side function on all connected clients when, for example, 'database updated' event occurs on server. Thanks. Hi~ Just for your interest, I think you could have a look at Comet, many web IM like Gmail's embeded Gtalk and meebo.com are built on this architecture你好! Just FYI o_O...

Calling a client side function from the server side

How to call server side function on client side
Hi,   How to call server side function on client side? here i want to call change() function on textbox onchange event.   <script language="javascript">    function serverfunction()    {    }    </script><input id="Text1" onchange="javascript:serverfunction();"  type="text" /> code behind:  public void change()    {        Response.Write("hello");    } <script type=&quo...

Calling a server-side procedure from a client-side function
I have a server side function that executes a database stored procedure, and I need to be able to call it from a javascript function.  Is this possible (without using an iFrame)?  Post back the page or use Ajax. Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn...

Client side script calling Server side functions
Hi, I'm currently developing an ajax.net enabled aspx page that contains a usercontrol (which is based on the listbox but extends it to include icons to represent invalid data). http://www.djcharlie.co.uk/WeeeCareResolutionCentre.jpg I want the onClick event of the selected TR to call an asp.net server function which then populates the controls to the right hand side in the page. Obviously because the row is just rendered HTML overriden from the base class I can only assign a javascript function to the onClick event. So I need a way of calling a server side function that will populate that will populate the right hand controls from an object based on the row's ID. I tried playing around with EnablePageMethods after some google-hunting but a) I don't have have that attribute on my scriptmanager (and I have reinstalled the extensions again) and b) apparently it can only call static methods and of course static methods cannot populate controls at page level.  Thanks in advance, DJCharlie Just to put this in English, you need to get the address data from the database pertaining to the Company that is selected on the left, and update the values in the textboxes on the left with it, without effecting a full postback?  Is that right?If so, have a look at the xmlhttprequest object in javascript.  This is one of the most straightforward explanations of how to use it, and while the example is classic ASP, you should get the jist. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/A...

Calling server side function from client side alert
Hi, I am developing an ASP.Net application in which I am giving client side alert to the user with OK and Cancel buttons. Can I call a server side function from the click of this button? For e.g. I have to give user alert "Do you want to save record" with Yes/No button. On Yes button click it should go to the server and save the record. Can I call some server side function from the Yes button click? Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Ashish I would create a button control, say Button1. set Button1.visible=False then, ...

Call client side function from server side code
My problem is that in some point of the VB.Net code I need to call a function defined in vbScript, for example: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click   'There's some code here....   ' ...   If (SomeCondition) Then   'HERE'S WHERE I NEED TO CALL THE JAVASCRIPT FUNCTION... SO HOW CAN I DO THAT?   Else     '...   End If   ' ... End Sub The asp.net code runs to generate the html and when it is done the html is rendered in your browser. So you can't access cli...

How to Call server side and client side function on same LinkButton
hello,         i have one linkbutton when i click on linkbutton i insert record in DB using onclick=Linkbutton_click. if successfully insert then returnvalue is 1. after return 1 i want to call javascript function. how i can do this? Reply ASAP. Is It Possible? e.g. <asp:LinkButton ID="Operation_Link" runat="server" OnClick="Operation_Link_Click"></asp:LinkButton>protected void Operation_Link_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {if (Operation_Link.Text == "SUBMIT") {ReturnValue = company.InsertCompany...

calling server side function from client side script
i have a web form that includes a function named "koko()" in its server side class i want to write a script code in in its HTML script that will be run at the client side, and this client side script will call the function "koko()" from the server side. in brief : i want to call a server side function from a client side script... can you help me in this You can't call server-side code directly from client-side code. You can, however, trigger a postback that your server-side code watches for and triggers the server-side code appropriately. You can do some browser-specific things that do a partial postback, but I try to avoid being too browser specific. you could look at invoking an aspx with a certain querystring param and look in the pageload event to see if that param is present then run your function...do this by using a behind-the-scenes xmlhttppost call. You can make this cross browser e.g in javascript run this method var pageUrl = 'ClearSession.aspx'; var xmlRequest = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); xmlRequest.open("POST", pageUrl, false); xmlRequest.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"); xmlRequest.send(null) or just make a client side call to a webservice for the clientside web service call check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/webservice/overview.asp thank you for your reply...

Calling a server side function from client side using the toolkit
Ok, I'm sure this is a really stupid question, but I'm willing to ask it anyway.  Let's say that I created a new extender called "My", so I now have three files files, MyExtender.cs, MyBehaviour.js, and MyDesigner.cs.  I want my control to be able to take some data on the client side and use it to retrieve some data on the server side, which AJAX is all about right? :) So for the sake of argument, let's say I want to enter an email address in a textbox, and then consult a database to return the user's password. So in my MyExtender.cs file, I create a function something like this: public string getPassword(string email) { ... Make some database calls to get the info return password;  } What code do I put into the MyBehaviour.js file in to to call the getPassword function? And do I need any special decorations on the getPassword() function to make it happen?-Todd Davishttp://www.SeaburyDesign.com You can use ICallbackEventHandler interface for this purpose. This is the exact purpose of this interface in ASP.Net 2.0. Check out the MSDN for this interface.- SujitDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. You really should look at how to create an extender to do it the best way.  There is a great tutorial here, http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/...

Calling a client side control event from a server side function
I would like to know how to raise an event on a client side only control from a server side function.   For example, I have Button1 whose onclick is handled at the server. The logic behind the function will do 1 of 2 things, change the text of a label to indicate a problem or navigate to a new page.  I cannot use redirect because i need the new page to appear inside 2 of 3 existing frames.  I can manage this using an anchor on the client.  All I need to do is automatically click the anchor after I post back from the Button1.click event.I tried the following line of c...

Call server-side page function from client-side button click
I have an existing ASP application that I am migrating to ASP.net. In the ASP app I was using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP on a the client-side of a ASP page to retrieve data from another asp page using the Microsoft.XMLDOM object. The client page passes 3 tags columns, table and Criteria. The receiving page builds the SQL statement executes the query and returns the row with all the column data. I am trying to convert it over to ASP.NET and I am getting errors on the xmlDOM.Load(Request.InputStream) on DLookup.aspx, the code is listed below. Someone suggested to use System.Net HTTP classes su...

Updateting Server side variable through javascript or how can i user Javascript variable in server side C# ?
 Hi I am new for web development. I wasted fewdays but I am not able to figureout following problem.1. I have Javascript variable I want to use in Server side C# is it possible ?2. If above is not possible if i declare variable in C#  and is it possible to update through Javascript ?As I am new for web development Please give me sample code for example it will be very easy for me to understand. If  both way possible please explain me both way. Thanks in anticipationHarshad   Yes it is possible to get the value of your javascript variable in C#. here's how:1. In...

Problem accessing server side array values from javascript client side function
i faced the following problem ..i have an array that store the values of a resultset row under the server side coding.How do i retrieve them under my client side javascript function.I wrote the following coding under my client side function and it got an error.BSCStr is an array storing data from a resultset row which i did under the server side coding. From client side function: addr=addr + "&C" + i + "=" + <%=BSCStr[i]%>; First of all, you can't mix server-side and client-side code. The reason is that the protocol that is used to communicate betwee...

How do I call server side function in client side script without using __doPostBack
Hello, My page has a server side panel that is hidden when the page loaded, checkboxes inside of the datagrid, and buttons.  If at least one checkbox is not clicked and the user click on the button, I show the panel.  When the user click on one of the checkbox, I want to hide the panel.  Onclick on the checkbox I already have a cleint function to change the row color.  I don't want to use __doPostBack.  Don't want to do postback. My question are: How do I either have checkbox onclick called both client and server side functions.  Or have the client side function call the server side function to hide the panel. Thank you Hi Kathy - If you have a Panel with the ID of pnlError, and a CheckBox with the id of chkRow, you could use the following logic (in the Page Load event) I'm assuming VB, let me know if you need C#     Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load        chkRow.Attributes.Add("onClick", "document.getElementById('" & pnlError.ClientID & "').style.display='none';")     End Sub To show the panel, use style.display=''; Tyler, Thank you for the tip.  It works, but.. I already have the onClick atttributes added for client side for something else.  Can I have the OnClick doing more than one? ' add on click to each checkbox' chkSelect.Attributes.Add("OnClick", "javascript:c...

Accessing server-side control in client-side javascript function; on Content page
I am trying to set an asp:textbox value in the Client side javascript function. It works fine on the standalone page. But when i try to do this the Content page, it’s giving the follwoing error message. document.getElementByID[...] is null of not an object  Any idea? Thanks, Riz   Hi, are you using ClientID property of that server control, to get its ID (which is rendered at the client and can be used with document.getElementById )?Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you my problem is solved....

Problem accessing server side array values from client side javascript function
i faced the following problem ..i have an array that store the values of a resultset row under the server side coding.How do i retrieve them under my client side javascript function.I wrote the following coding under my client side function and it got an error.BSCStr is an array storing data from a resultset row which i did under the server side coding. From client side function: addr=addr + "&C" + i + "=" + <%=BSCStr[i]%>;...

Problem accessing a server side declared array from the client side javascript function.
I have an array that store the values of a resultset row under the server side coding.How do i retrieve them under my client side javascript function.I wrote the following coding under my client side function and it got an error.BSCStr is an array storing data from a resultset row which i did under the server side coding. From client side javascript function: addr=addr + "&C" + i + "=" + <%=BSCStr[i]%>; Hi wingshya, Did you still need help with this thread? Jason ConwayMCP, MCTS, Certified SCRUM Masterasp.net blog...

Having WebControl recognize javascript client side function instead of looking for a server side funtion.
I have the following HTML field definition in an ASP.NET web form page: <asp:DropDownList id="techevalasset_maintbyoper" style="Z-INDEX: 114; LEFT: 280px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 40px" runat="server" ForeColor="Black" Font-Names="Tahoma" Font-Size="X-Small" Height="24px" BackColor="White" OnSelectedIndexChanged="acMaintChanged(this)"></asp:DropDownList> I added this field to the web form as a Web Form Drop Down List control. When this field is changed I want to enable/disable anoth...

Web resources about - Can you call a c# on the server side from javascript functions on client side - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...