can clear server side text box value from client side.?

Hi,

function Disab()

{
    if(document.all.chkSPTariff.checked)

    {

       document.all.txtVFX.disabled=false document.all.txtVHSFO.disabled=false

   }

 else

 {

    document.all.txtVFX.disabled=true document.all.txtVFX.value=""

 }

This is how i am clearing  the  text for <asp:TextBox>. Ofter i submit, i wonder to see the old value from serverside , like txtTemp.Text is holding old value.

can any one suggest me how come out of this problem

Thanks & Regards,
srini.
0
srinivasareddy

If you're checking the value before the PostBackData event fires (like in Page_Load), you'll see the old value that's stored in viewstate.  You should see the cleared value after that, though, in any event handler or OnPreRender.
0
stiletto
5/18/2005 11:23:41 AM
if clear manually with ou using javascript at the same situation is working, if i cleard with javascript it is giving problem
Thanks & Regards,
srini.
0
srinivasareddy
5/18/2005 1:55:14 PM

I think if you want to do it like this,you do it from serverside

hello,Every one,I like to study with you
0
shiningpolarstar
5/19/2005 7:00:29 AM
When in the Page lifecycle are you checking the value server-side?
0
stiletto
5/19/2005 7:46:09 PM

yes, let me explain clear flow, is i have check box if i check it the text box must be cleard, this thing i am doing using javascript ofter all this i have submit button where i am checking the text box value, at that it is showing old value,

if i clear it from text box manually, it is showing  not null value, i wonder wt is this difference?..

i think now u got clear idea

Thanks & Regards,
srini.
0
srinivasareddy

How can I set client side values as server side values?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts? There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and insert into the db? How do I go about this? Thanks for any pointers Davlon PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300) Pass them as page parameters, e.g., http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array and get these values. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kie...

Client Side values to Server Side
What is the best way to transfer Client Side values to the Server side? For example I have a variable "var1" in javascript. var1 = "sample"; How can I acquire this value in the server side?  What is the best approach for this?  Barry to send the value to the server during a postback, you need to place the value in an input control.  You could consider using a hidden textbox for that purpose.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ In the JavaScrip...

Client-side values to server-side ?
Hi! My previous query is attached below: I have implemented the below mentioned implementation . 'listbox1' on 'webform1' shows all the values from 'webform2'. I have implemented it using javascript. I would like to know that to implement validation on 'webform1', I would require the values of 'listbox1' ,which are on the client-side , to move to the server-side . I think sending a querystring will be fine but how to implement it using javascript and code-behind(C#)? Your suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and regards, ap.       My previous query: " I am stuck wi...

How to pass values from client side to server side
Hi, Is there a way to transfer variable from a client loop to a server loop. For example: var clitest = 'test'; Now I would like to get test variable from javascript into a server string variable <% sertest = ?? %> I understand that this can be done by storing a variable into a hidden control for example and than access it using server side, but when I have to transfer an array for example it get's a little more complicated. I was wondering is there more efficient approach? You can't transfer arrays, only strings. To workaround this problem pass delimited stri...

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

Client side and server side
We have a application, where we have some validation on the clientside using EnableClientSideValidation. If you don't have fullscreen you can't see some of the error-messages. What we want is to jump to the place on the page where the message is displayed. One problem is that the button is a serverbutton (runat="server"). How can we accomplish this on the clientside using the same button. I have tried to use "onClientClick" and a link something like this:   <A HREF=http://forums.asp.net/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=18#form>form<...

What is Client Side and Server Side?
I am New of ASP.Net What we can and should do client side and Server Side? What uses? Please any one clear my doubt. Thanking YouEndendrum Priyamudan P m R Clientside is basically what a person can see and serverside is where actions get processed. that's kinda simply puyt but thats the deal, you code serverside, and the html and javascript it generates let's the users for example click a button, then serverside you have coded what should happen when a button gets clicked for example turn text red. Then the server sends a new page with red text to the client (clientside...

Server-side or Client-side
In general, I'm wondering if there are any criteria to use when choosing between using a client side element or a server side element. For example, if I'm going to put an HTML table on a page, how do I decide whether or not to use a server control?  Should the server side always be chosen or if there is not explicit server side functionality required is it better to opt for a "normal" client side table? Obviously, if there is a need for server side control the question is answered, I'm looking more at more ambiguous situations. Thanks  This is from Micros...

Server Side or Client Side
Hi I'm a bit confused about this whole server side / client side thing. Are applets, embeded objects consider client side? If I have a form within my aspx page which connects to a database on the server side what is it considered? If I have some business logic written within a VB file when the client access the functions within that business logic (for example some kind of validation function) does the client browser actually downloads that VB file? Can someone suggest how to differentiate between client side and server side components within a asp.net based website?  Hi, i can&#...

client-side and server-side?
hi, can someone tells me how diff is client side and server side are these two? When I tried to do validation ... I would use Javascript ... which has something like: document.forms[0] ... I think that's client side. My understanding on server side is the "form" ... like u will have <form action=".." method=post> ..... </form> ... so it will send to server ... am I on the right track? Are there any other type of server side examples? Hi, ASP.NET itself is server side. Every piece of code processed is done on a server. What comes out of this is sent ...

pls help: how to get client-side HTML "text field" value from a server side button
i copy some javascript from somewhere so user can choose pick up a date from a calendar and display the date onto a HTML text field. I have no knowledge in writing client side script(i.e. write code in html) can i write some code in a server-side button to get the value in the HTML text field??? i tried: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click textbox1.text = document.getElementById("htmltext").value End Sub but "document" is highlighted, and say isn't declar yet. and...

How can you raise server side event from client side
Let's say I have an event on server side that handles button_click. how can I raise that event from client side using AJAX. You can create a script in a string variable, and register withScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb359558.aspx string script = "alert('ciao!')";ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript( this, this.GetType(), "Alert", script, true );If this answers your question, please select 'mark as answer' thanks!Andrea DottorMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NEThttp://blog.dottor.net For buttons you can use JQu...

Check values in client side then go to server side
Hi, I am developing an application that allows users to update their personal informations. I want to check if mandotary fields are empty or not in client side with a java script when the user press the update button. If all mandotary fields are full(that will be decided with a java script), then server side function which updates the related database table will be run. How can I do this... I don't want to check mandotary fields in server side. I am sure, there should be an easy way. How ... ? Thanks. Sure... use a custom validator and name your javascript function to run. Inside...

Web resources about - can clear server side text box value from client side.? - asp.net.client-side

Attack floods Internet root servers with 5 million queries a second
Enlarge (credit: rootservers.org ) Early last week, one of the most vital organs of the Internet anatomy came under an unusual attack. On two ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Facebook, Google server outsourcing strategy change expected to impact profitability for ODMs
Facebook is planning to add Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, as a new datacenter server supplier, joining its primary supplier Quanta ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

Hyper-V, PowerShell Top IT Pros' Windows Server 2016 Wish List
Container support is nice, but most IT pros are looking forward to Hyper-V virtualization updates and new PowerShell capabilities.

Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge
Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge

Update: NFL says server power issue, not tablet glitch, caused Microsoft Surface outage on Monday Night ...
... NFL says the problem wasn’t with the tablets themselves. An NFL spokesperson tells GeekWire the problem stemmed from “the power to the server ...