Calling a Form Code-Behind function using Javascript from the Client Side

Hi,

Is there any way to call a function in the form codebehind from the client side using javascript? If yes, how? How to send parameters?

Thanks.
0
davidggweb

Try reading this article.  It is kind of the opposite of what you are trying to do but maybe it will help.

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1027513&page=1

Hope this helps,
Matt

ADV Enterprises
www.adventerprises.net
0
aspnet_novice
7/14/2005 5:01:00 AM
do a view source on the page and you most liekly will see a do post back function. You can call that with JavaScript and it forces the page back. You can send parameters back by placing them inside of hidden form elements.

Another tricky solution is to look into Ajax.

Eric
Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn
0
A1ien51
7/14/2005 5:20:50 AM
Thanks Matt, I'll read it and comment if it worked for me.
0
davidggweb

Is it possible to call client side function from server side code without initial client request?
Atlas is great. I'm using timer to periodically check database changes on server to populate client side controls with new data. Is it possible to do it without a lot of client requests to server which takes a huge useless network traffic? Server should call client side function on all connected clients when, for example, 'database updated' event occurs on server. Thanks. Hi~ Just for your interest, I think you could have a look at Comet, many web IM like Gmail's embeded Gtalk and meebo.com are built on this architecture你好! Just FYI o_O...

How to call server side(C#) function from Client side(Javascript) function?
Hi i have used below functions,  function HandleOnClose() {// this function will be called after clicking browsers close button in Internet explorer if (event.clientY < 0) { event.returnValue = 'Are you sure you want to leave the page?'; } // if he clicks ok then i need to call one server side function in this instance.. else not. } <body onbeforeunload="HandleOnClose()" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">other controls in page..</div>  How to achieve this? Thanks MS AJAX Extensions would be the option of choice here. Combined with webservices you can...

Call server side function from client side javascript
I have a javascript where I either need to call an onclick even of a server link button or I need to be able to call a server side function.   The only thing is I cant use AJAX.  Is there any way I can do this or am I spinning my wheels. Thanks!-------------Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I have a similar problem.  In my case, I would like to set a server-side session object from JavaScript.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  Dan Sure, y...

Call client side function from server side code
My problem is that in some point of the VB.Net code I need to call a function defined in vbScript, for example: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click   'There's some code here....   ' ...   If (SomeCondition) Then   'HERE'S WHERE I NEED TO CALL THE JAVASCRIPT FUNCTION... SO HOW CAN I DO THAT?   Else     '...   End If   ' ... End Sub The asp.net code runs to generate the html and when it is done the html is rendered in your browser. So you can't access cli...

how to call server side function from client side javascript?
Hi all, I have a image button in the update panel. I would like to call a method from server side (not from webservice) to get the variable when Onclick on the image button is invoked. Is there any way that I can able to access this function from the client script? In using the UpdatePanel, in essence, you're already doing this because there will not be a full postback.  You can make an asynchronous call to your Click method of your ImageButton.  So, what do you want to do with this "variable"?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient."...

How to call server side function from client side JavaScript?
I want to call a server-side function, like a button's click event or just another private or public function , from a client-side JavaScript function. How do I do that? thanX AnzIf this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer.ClientSideAsp.Net | Blog Maybe alittle more that you need, but....... 1) Put a button on the page. Lets say its id is Button1. Make sure that its has causesValidation=false 2) Write the code for the button. 3) Write the following in the PAge_Load event Button1.Attributes.Add("onClick", "myJSFunction(); return false") 4) Copy this javascript...

Calling a server side function from client side using the toolkit
Ok, I'm sure this is a really stupid question, but I'm willing to ask it anyway.  Let's say that I created a new extender called "My", so I now have three files files, MyExtender.cs, MyBehaviour.js, and MyDesigner.cs.  I want my control to be able to take some data on the client side and use it to retrieve some data on the server side, which AJAX is all about right? :) So for the sake of argument, let's say I want to enter an email address in a textbox, and then consult a database to return the user's password. So in my MyExtender.cs file, I create ...

Can you call a c# on the server side from javascript functions on client side
Hello guys This is something intresting I have come across during development. I have a javascript written in a .JS file , to my knowledge the .js files are executed on the server side. But security concerns with java script that these .js files can be access by connecting to port 80 of the server . So an ultimate alternative reminas to call c# code from a java script function. Can anyone Help me on this matter Regards Nihar Hi Nihar, Usually .js files executed on client side. Please explain your configuration.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

How do I call server side function in client side script without using __doPostBack
Hello, My page has a server side panel that is hidden when the page loaded, checkboxes inside of the datagrid, and buttons.  If at least one checkbox is not clicked and the user click on the button, I show the panel.  When the user click on one of the checkbox, I want to hide the panel.  Onclick on the checkbox I already have a cleint function to change the row color.  I don't want to use __doPostBack.  Don't want to do postback. My question are: How do I either have checkbox onclick called both client and server side functions.  Or have the client side func...

Calling a sever side code behind sub routine from client side java script
Hi is it possible to call a server side sub routine from client side javascript what I what to do is call a form based email routine from the client, I am hoping that by doing it this way I can disable the button used to call the routine imeadiatly so it's only possible to click it 1 time to prevent the same email being send multiple times, and in addtion start a client routine to indicate the email is underway with some graphic of some sort so the use knows that something is happening, all this is because if the attacment is quite large it takes a little while for the procees to...

finding server control, in the code behind, created from client side using javascript
Hi experts   i wanna add server side controls using javascript and access it in code behind but i am not able to access it can u give me the solution example javascript file function AddControl() { var table=document.createElement('table') var tr=document.createElement('tr') var cell1=document.createElement('td') cell1.innerHtml='<input type="text" ID="txtSample" runat="server"/> tr.appendChild(cell1) table.appendChild(tr); }   if i try to get this control in code behind like this i am not able to get ...

Calling server-side code from client-side
Hi,  I´m implementing some shortcut functionality in my web forms and wanna know where i can find something that explains, for example, how to call the handler event "onclick" of a button. I´m using this library to add shortcuts to my controls: http://www.openjs.com/scripts/events/keyboard_shortcuts/   And I want to "link" some key combination for the event handlers of the controls. Does anybody knows?  Thanks. You could attach an AJAX event to the Javascript shortcut event handler so, for example, the shortcut function will trigger a button cl...

Calling a client side function from the server side

Web resources about - Calling a Form Code-Behind function using Javascript from the Client Side - asp.net.client-side

Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen ...

How Heartbleed Works: The Code Behind the Internet's Security Nightmare
By now you've surely heard of Heartbleed, the hole in the internet's security that exposed countless encrypted transactions to any attacker who ...

Anatomy of an interactive: a look at the code behind our Second Screen
... and Paralympics coming to town, this presented the perfect opportunity to try it on. Being mainly responsible for the client-side code, I'll ...