Call a window service from web

Hi, I need to call a windows service residing in different server.Whats the best option.

Refer a webservice and connect to repective server an get the response back?

The request/response is in xml. Can you please suggest asap??

0
matrixneonik

sunilyadav165

Calling a web service in client side C#
Hello,  I am trying to call a web service in client side C# code, having it as a datasource on the page to use. I cannot have a codebehind file due to limitations. Does anyone know how to do this or have suggestions?  Thanks! What do you mean by "client side C#"? -- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- Hi check this link http://aspdotnetcodebook.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-call-webservice-with-aspnet-ajax.html   if you have any problem.. feel free to contact.     "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you Santosh kuma...

How To: Call a Java EE Web Service from a .Net Client
Hi, I have to call a Java Web Service from a .Net Client .I'm using VS2008 (.net 3.5) Did you face the same situation ? The web service offers some methods. Each method returns a xml file and a xml attachment. I found this article.http://blogs.msdn.com/bursteg/archive/2008/07/19/how-to-call-a-java-ee-web-service-from-a-net-client.aspx . Do you think that this is a good resource ?  I watched something about WCF. Have I to use WCF ? How can I manage xml attachment ? thank you for your attention .     It's a good resource and there are also other way...

Losing Scope after client-side call to Web Service
Hello, thank you in advance of taking the time to read this. I seem to be losing all page scope after a client side call to a web service.  This hasn't happened before, but admittedly this is the second time I have done client-siding, so I am hoping I am missing a setting or something. In the example code below, getBedTypeCount() returns '5', which is supposed to modify the global variable helloWord. The alert(result) returns 5, but as soon as the setBedTypeCount() completes, the scope is lost and helloWorld returns to the default value of 1. I also tried inserting...

Call remotely hosted web service from client-side?
All of the examples I have seen call the *.asmx file using a relative path but I need to reference a URL such as http://www.domain.com/webservice.asmx to call a remote web service. In the Atlas days I believe this was done using a bridge (*.asbx) but I can't seem to find any recent information regarding this method. Does it still exist? Anyone know how to accomplish this? Thanks, Janea Hi, my buddy Garbin (Allesandro Gallo) wrote an interesting article about this recently: Mash-it Up with ASP.NET AJAX: Using a proxy to access remote APIs. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox ...

Get a Variable from a Web Service / Reference Client Side Windows Application
I have a Personnel Roster Management Application that I developed in ASP.Net. I would like to use a Windows Application (Personnel.exe) written in C# Visual Studios .Net as the user interface for editing and updating the personnel data as it is much nicer than the web version. The unique Identifier in the Personnel Table is “sernum” (Serial Number). When the user views a personnel record in the web application and clicks on the Update link on the web page – the Personnel.exe program would open with the correct employee information being displayed. If I store the Personnel.exe application on ...

Browser Freezing / Locking Up on Async Client Side Web Service Calls
I have an application that uses AJAX and WCF. On some of the pages, some of the time (not consistently), when making an asyncronous web service call and an exception is thrown by the WCF service, the error handler delegate on the client is called correctly, passing the parsed fault and context, and then I do something with the error by injecting the message in a div then displaying that div using a ModalPopupExtender from the AJAX Extensions Toolkit. The modal always displays correctly and makes displaying errors pretty slick, however sometimes when clicking a button in the modal, ...

null parameter problem while calling .net web service from java client
Hello, I have a C# .NET web service and a Java client . My java client is able to call the C# method , but when the client calls methods containing complex type parameters , they are ending up being null on the .net side eventhough I am sending the parameters with valid values. I traced also the SOAP messages and they are also semms OK. But why are they arriving null to .net side. What goes wrong? Did anybody whom faced this problem could solve it and how. As I see this is a very common problem as I searched similar forums. So any acceptable answer will be useful t...

Call a SECURED (with glassfish) Java EE Web Service from a .Net Client
Hi, Im trying to call a java web service in visual studio 2008 using a simple forms application. The problem that I'm running into is with the security. Can someone point me in the right direction as far as calling a secured java EE web service using .Net? Thanks. Adam Im unfamiliar with glassfish, however if the web service's security is WS-Security compliant, then you'll have to use WSE 3.0 (addon by Microsoft to make web services more useful) or Windows Communication Foundation. Thanks for the reply. Can you point me in the direction of using WSE to call a java...

Can a Windows service call a web service?
Hi everyone, Im working on a tool that consists of two parts: The "sender" would be a Windows service written in VB.net and compiled in Visual Studio. The purpose of the sender is to monitor one or more folders on a local workstation, looking for any new files that are dropped into the directory. The "receiver" would be a Web service running on my website. Its purpose is to receive binary data (over port 80) from the "sender", and then save that file to the server in a specific location. So my question is really two parts: first off, can a Windows ...

Web Service Client Calls to Service in DLL
Hello, In order for the proxy to be generated, does the web service has to be an ASMX file?  It can't be in a class library?  If it can be in a class library, how do you reference it with script manager? Thanks.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). It will need to be either an ASMX or SVC (WCF) service, or a page method, in order to get the JavaScript proxy generated.Of course, you're still free to leave the heavy lifting to yo...

calling web service using windows service
Hi,  anyone have ideas on how to call web service method using windows service?   Hi,Build a proxy to the web service in a different class library (by add web reference/add service reference).Then, in the windows service you add a reference to the dll of the class library you have built, initialize a web service proxy class and call the method you need.I Hope it helps.Gil FinkMCPD Enterprise Applications Developerhttp://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/gilf  >Build a proxy to the web service in a different class libraryUsing a class library is a very important step. (...

Bind data to the grid at the client side using AJAX call to web service
With the Current AJAX Tool kit is there a way to databound the grid at the client side.  Basically I want to make a WCF web service all and get the JSON message and populate the grid at the cient side. I am using Visual studio 2005 with .NET frame work 3.0. Please point out if tehre are any examples. I truly appreciate any help regarding this. Thanks I hope this article will help you. http://www.aspdotnetcodes.com/Ajax_ModalPopup_PostBack_GridView.aspxMarking a Reply as 'Answered', not only GAIN us some POINTS, but it also HELP others to find RIGHT solution. Thanks for the...

Client Side Windows.Forms Control and Web Services New Session ID / Inconsistent Behavior
Hi All,  I am going nuts here and have tried everything I know, googled, read msdn docs and I am still having this problem. Basically... I have a .net Control (.dll built on windows.forms, from system control not a web control) that the client loads via <object></object> tags ala ActiveX. In the control I have a method to execute a call to a web service to collect some information. While the page is getting built and sent to the client browser I use session variables to store some info. The client .net control then calls a webService in the same applic...