Add onchange event to a drop down dynamically

Hi.
I was wondering if there is a way to add the onchange event to a drop down (selec) element that is created dynamically with javascript.
The way i tried so far included something like: selectElement.onchange = function(){FunctionName('param');};

Now the problem is that i create the select element in a loop and the 'param' is the increment variable. This way when I change any of my created drop downs it will fire the right function but the parameter passed will always be the last increment from the loop.

Any way to solve this?

Thanks a lot for advices!
0
rockpowwer

 Is it dropDownList or Select List?

Please post the code you use to generate the dropdown.

When you ask a question, remember to click "Mark As Answer" when you get a reply which answers your question.
0
Kulrom

Help with client side events Vs. server side events
Hi, Can someone look as the following script and tell me why marking the check box doesn't generate a client side event eventhough there's: onclick="checkClick()"? marked.  Thanks in advance, Sivan <%@ Page Language="c#" %><HTML> <HEAD>  <meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5"> </HEAD> <body>  <SCRIPT language="c#" runat="Server">  void Page_Load(object s, EventArgs e) {  if (!Page.IsPostBack)  {   Label1.Text = Label...

Add Client side event to ListBox ??
 Is it possible to add a client event to a listbox? The desired functionality would be when the user double clicks an item in the ListBox - an alert pops up with the value of the item. Something like I write some javascript for LbxDblClick() and then: <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlTests" runat="server" Width="168px" Font-Size="12px" onClientDoubleClick="LbxDblClick()"> Try this in your Page_Load... ddlTest.Attributes.Add("ondblclick", "alert(this.value);") Best regards...Josh Stodola ← Come check out m...

OnChange event of Combobox...server or client side?
Hi , I am Using a combobox with 3 values. Each time i change the value i need a differnt form to open. Where do i put my VB.net code in to the aspx form to invoke the Onchange event from a combobox. Which is better serverside or client side. Client Combo has an Onchange event. thankshttp://www.reichslieder.com/0249_wwi_russian_soldier.jpg Your vb.net code should be in the MyDropDownList_SelectedIndexChanged event handler. You can set the AutoPostBack property to the above DDL to true if you want the page to postback and run your code as soon as a selection has been ma...

dynamic add a few textBox by Javascript (client side)
VS.NET 2003, Framework 1.0 , ASp.net (VB) , SQL 2005 i'm having a problem is ...i 'm using js to add a few textbox dynamically when i clicked  AddNewRow()so when i wanna use (server side) VB codebehind to get the txtbox value....it look like canot get it.... bcoz the txtbox is like not defined in WEB page.    HOw ?????? helps thx Hello, I am afraid you could not access the TextBox from Server side when you create the TextBox from client side. The Server knows nothing about the TextBox Control. My suggestion is if you really want to avoid postback when you ad...

Client side events in TreeView (.NET 2.0)
Hello all, I am using a TreeView control on a page with  EnableClientScript property set to true and everything works fine.However I would also like to handle expanded event on the client side - what I mean exactly is that I want the default implementation to do it's work (expand the node), but I would also would like to perform my own operation. I assume I should add some call to Attributes collection, however I couldn't find any documentation on that. Is it at all possible?  Thank you in advance for all your help.   I' ve looked at the source generate...

Client Side Events In HTML Page with .NET VB Class
Hi Im new to .NET so please excuse me. Ive been scratching my head for a week now trying to convert some code from VB6 to .NET I have currently this code in HTML <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML> <HEAD> <title>Default</title> <META content="VBScript" name="vs_defaultClientScript"> <META content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" name="vs_targetSchema"> <META content="Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 7.0" name=...

client side code to populate a drop down list with on click event.
hello, can some one share with me the client side code to populate a drop down list with on click event. i am using using following code to populate a ddl Private Sub Populate_DropReportedBy() 'Populates Reportedby combo box Dim sqlString_DropReported As String Dim cmd_DropReported As New OleDbCommand Dim rdr_DropReported As OleDbDataReader sqlString_DropReported = "Select [FirstName] + ' ' + [LastName] AS WholeName from tblTeleList" cmd_DropReported = New OleDbCommand(sqlString_DropReported, cnOleDb) ...

In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript
In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two columns:itemno,description. input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the database,return 1 to trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the item from the database,and fill it into the column "description". The question is how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web service? if so,I need an example to realize it. You will need to use AJAX or make a round trip on item change event. -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * *...

Dropdownlist using OnSelectedIndexChanged or using Client Side OnChange Event? Which one is better
I have many forms where the use makes a selection from a dropdown list that spawns other options based off their selection. Selection list for Reports.  User selects report 1.  Form now displays a panel that includs datapicker control to select the data range and another downdownlist to select a Team. Another user choose to select Report 2.  Form now display a different downdownlist to select a Department. So, each selection from the initial dropdown will provided different options. I have the form working currently using OnSelectedIndexChanged and running function to load...

How to create Drop Down List dynamically with this event handler using server side coding ?
Hi all, My target is to create series of DropDownLists dynamically according to user actions, that when the user selects an item in a drop down list, new drop down list will be created bounded according to user choice, and when the user selects an item in the new control, a newer control will be created ... and so on. my problem is that how to add the event handler to the dynamically created drop down list, i tried this piece of code:  DropDownList ddlSecondProperty = new DropDownList(); ddlSecondProperty.ID = "ddlSecondProperty" + DateTime.Now; ddlSecondPropert...

Add client side pre-process and post-process events to atlas:UpdatePanel
Is there a way to inject client side javascript events before and after an UpdatePanel is refreshed?  I would like to fade a panel out and then fade it back in after an update.  Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance, jared You can handle the propertyChanged event of the Web.WebForms.PageRequestManager. You need to look for the property inPostback which is true when an update panel is going to be updated and false when the update process is finished. But I don't know any way to identify which update panel the request updates. I have put a ...

How to add event methods in C# for server side controls using VS.net environment?
I'm trying to add an event method(code behind) for Repeater control using Visual Studio.NET 2003. But I can't figure out how to do that.... How can I do that? Thanks in advance In web page's designer surface, select the Repeater control, in properties window click toolbar button of "Events", and you will get a table grid with all events supported by the control. Just click the empty cell beside to create the event handler in code behind file Hope this helps. Yugang...

Client Side event stops RowCommand Event
Hi All, I have a grid with a regular button field on it. All is working well with the field and the row command event fires executing the desired code, to abort a process. I want to add a client side confirm dialogue and have done so with the code ((ImageButton)e.Row.Cells[8].Controls[0]).OnClientClick = "return confirm('Are you sure you want to abort the process?');"; Now the client confirm works if I click cancel, ie no postback. But if I confirm YES, the postback occurs but my row command code is not executed. Im pretty sure my approach is correct, but I am stumpe...

Web resources about - Add onchange event to a drop down dynamically - asp.net.client-side