Accessing the selected value from a Select

Need to access the selected value from a Select in client script.  I can get the selectedIndex but where do I find the selected value?

Will this give it to me?

form1.Select1.Options(form1.Select1.SelectedIndex)

0
AlexB1318

form1.Select1.options[form1.Select1.selectedIndex]
0
stiletto
3/30/2005 2:31:58 AM

Try

form1.Select1.options[form1.Select1.selectedIndex].value

> penny for a thought
0
senselessfeats

to change value of Client Side Select html control from database value....

SELECT from SELECT
Hi! I remember seeing an example where you can do a select from a nested select, but I cannot seem to make it work. So it would be something like this: select max( name ) from ( select name from customer union select name from vendor ) Was I dreaming I saw that? Thanks! D In article <4500243f@forums-2-dub>, daniel_AT_infrontsoftware_DOT_com@N0SPAM.com says... > Hi! > > I remember seeing an example where you can do a select from a nested > select, but I cannot seem to make it work. No, you weren't. Try (UNTESTED!) adding a...

DataGrid Rollover Colors, select single, select multiple rows client side
Iam just adding some more lines to JakeJeck's post  http://forums.asp.net/792635/ShowPost.aspx Put this in a class file         public static DataGridItem ApplyRowRollover(DataGridItem item , string MouseOverColor , string MouseOutColor, string MouseClickColor )         {             item.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "ChangeColorOver(this,'" + MouseOverColor + "','" + MouseClickColor + "');");           ...

DROPDOWNLIST DOES NOT SELECT THE SELECTED VALUE
Hi all, i am using C# , asp.net vs2005. ajax 1.0 i am populating data programitically . when i select first value, dropdown control select the same. when i select second value ,dropdownlist select second value too But i does not continue  from third value onward . when i select third value, dropdownlist control select second value then after behavior reman the same no matter what i select dropdownlist control select second value ONLY.<asp:DropDownList id="Ddlzse" runat="server" Width="165px" Font-Bold="False" Fo...

Second SELECT-box doesn't show the selected value as SELECTED
Hi! I usually find what I look for in the other threads, but now I've spent two weeks searching and I still can't work this out, even though I'm sure the solution is easy:( Why doesn't my second dropdown-list show the selected value Arb (which shows in the url-window as for example myPage.asp?Ar=1976&Arb=1987) as selected? It manages to use the Ar-variable for the first SELECT-box, but the second box always has the first querystring-value selected, as if Arb="". I've also tried using a second sql-query, doing exactly as with the first SELECT-box, without success. Is ...

Selected value in select list with javascript based off value in database
 I've got a classic asp page with a select list. I need the select list's selected value to be whatever the user selected when they created their account. I've been trying to use <body onLoad="onLoad();"> to call my function, and then I'm trying to specify which value should be selected in the function. Also, when the select list selected values change, there is a javascript function I call to disable text boxes. I think there is an issue with my javascript function, and I can't find any examples of this from good ole' google.  My j...

Cascading Dropdown - Initially selected value
Hi there, I am having an issue with a pretty basic problem. I have managed to get the cascading drop down lists working ok with information coming from a database. On the initial page, I need to have a value in the drop down list already selected, i.e. the current year in one drop down and current month in the next. The information from both of these is sent to a query to output a datatable. Can anyone help with this? I'm not sure I understand the scenario, but I think the new CascadingDropDownNameValue(..., defaultValue) constructor may be just what you're looking for. (First available ...

How do .NET Developers handle the need for a RadioButtonList to default to "no selected values" until user selects one?
If I am trying to capture user information in a database through a radiobuttonlist without giving any preselected items, it seems the only possible way to do this is to set the default value of the database to -1 and bind it to the selectedindex value.  However, when the user starts making selections, the selectedindex value is NOT the same as the selectedvalue that the user is clicking.  So the database is collecting selectedindex value.  Is there a way to handle this scenerio correctly?  I originally had the selectedvalue bound to the database, but could not g...

Why is the select saying selected after an item is selected?
This was a whitelisting issue due to a software upgrade at hostgator..  Nothing wrong with my code..Scot King SEO Software Tool | Search Engine Optimization"Get your page rank high"  huh? It is smart to put your question in the body and not just in the title. Have no idea what your question is or if it even a question.Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn use thisddl.options[ddl.selectedIndex].selected = false; //Clear the selection ddl.options[1].selected = trueMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Sit...

Read selected value from dropdownlist control which I add items on the client side
I have an asp :dropdown control to which I add items on the client side by javascript code how can I read what client selected in Server side ASP.NET? always selected value is the first item also I can see it's items count but every item value and text will be System.Data.DataRowView Hi basel,You wouldn't have to do this. DropDownList's items are in ViewState which was saved in server side. You could to use TextBox or Input (hidden) to save your selected value.Good Coding!Javier Luna http://guydotnetxmlwebservices.blogspot.com/ from Villa El Salvador for world!...

How can I retrieve the ddl selected value if the ddl is populated from client side?
I am populating the dropdownlist values form client side, through a JavaScript function, I mean that no values are filled on server side, so the dropdownlist in server side looks like: <asp:dropdownlist id="cities" runat="server"></asp:dropdownlist> And once in the client looks like: (Although the values are in it, generated by the JavaScript funciton) <select name="cities" id="cities"</select> But sure that there are values after load the page triggering the javascript function that populates the ddl, b...

Form: Focus on selected values in dropdownlists, Refresh after selection and hidding formfields based on selection.
Hello again,I have a form with several dropdown lists. Depending on the selected value in the dropdown lists other fields become available in that same form. It is working in classic ASP in combination of JavaScript. I want to migrate it to ASP.NET. I have posted a part of the form at the end of this post.My questions:1. I use <option <%If iFood="0" then%>selected<%End If%> value="0">No value selected</OPTION> to select the selected item when the form is reloaded after the selecting. I know that this also works in ASP.NET, but isn't there a typical ASP....

dropdownlist's selected index value is not printing the selected value
Here iS my code .Aspx Page <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlkeyword" runat="server" Width="204px" DataTextField="Form" DataValueField="Form" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlkeyword_SelectedIndexChanged" >   </asp:DropDownList> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Submit" Width="110px" OnClick="Button1_Click" /> my aspx.cs protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { fillddlkeyword(); }protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e) { ...

Web resources about - Accessing the selected value from a Select - asp.net.client-side

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...