Access web form content from client side HTML file using javascript

I have two browser windows open, one an html file residing on the client and one an aspx page served up by the web server. Neither window is related to the other; neither one opened the other.

Is it possible for javascript on the html file which resides on the user's local computer to "read" any of the information from the other open window? Ideally, I'd like to read a hidden input field from the web page.

The solution only has to work in IE 6 and 7.

Thanks in advance.

0
ZLA

Man, this sounds more like a virus, like spyware...

Why do you need to do such thing?

0
jportelas
1/19/2007 1:34:22 PM
What I want is to open network files from an in-house web app. I want them to open in file explorer mode. I don't just want them to be browsed and downloaded to the users computers but to be the same as if the user opened an html file on their local computer that contained a link to the network files. It works fine if the file is on the user's computer but not if the page originated from the web server.
0
ZLA

Web resources about - Access web form content from client side HTML file using javascript - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...