about use activex control

hi

i'm new in web app.
i made control by vb6 that name test.ocx how can use it in html page
i use codebase property to put url for this control and ver. put its not work i was see some samples using activex control but in samples i was see puting classid for control how can i know classid for my control or can i use it with out classid
this is my code

<object id=x codebase="http://localhost/test.ocx#version=1,0,0,0"></object>

i used xx poperty fo my contol put i have error in script...
Ahmed Abu Dagga
0
ahmed

hehehe i'm readly stupied i forget regester my conrol

by regsrv32 and i search for classid in egeditor
it's work good now....
Ahmed Abu Dagga
0
ahmed
12/21/2003 3:30:38 PM
hi

i have prolem when using activex control with other pc
i do digital signature and i make lpk file and inf file and put it in th same folder
this my files
test.inf

[version]
signature=$CHICAGO$
[Add.Code]
Test.OCX=Test.OCX
[Test.OCX]
file-win32-x86=thiscab
RegisterServer=yes
clsid={3d25aba1-caec-11cf-b34a-00aa00a28331}
DestDir=
FileVersion=6,0,81,69
[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=AddToRegistry
[AddToRegistry]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{3d25aba1-caec-11cf-b34a-00aa00a28331}\Implemented Categories\{7DD95801-9882-11CF-9FA9-00AA006C42C4}"

lpkfl.lpk

LPK License Package by lkp_tool.exe
// WARNING: The information in this file is protected by copyright law //
// and international treaty provisions. Unauthorized reproduction or //
// distribution of this file, or any portion of it, may result in severe //
// criminal and civil penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum //
// extent possible under the law. Further, you may not reverse engineer, //
// decompile, or disassemble the file. //
{3d25aba1-caec-11cf-b34a-00aa00a28331}
OVjkb6yOd0WWn2EgTgLcAI=

AQAAAA=

1OuYHc6r0kWtm1t0zRZzWgwAAAB
vAG4AcABuAGoAbgBxAG8AbABwAG4AcQA=

test.htm

<HTML>
<script language=vbscript>
Private Sub Window_Onload()
MsgBox "Test cc property = " & Test.cc
End Sub
</script>
<OBJECT ID="Test" WIDTH=69 HEIGHT=29
CLASSID="CLSID:3d25aba1-caec-11cf-b34a-00aa00a28331"
CODEBASE="http://localhost/test.ocx#version=1,0,0,0">
<param="LPKPath" value="lpkfl.lpk">
</OBJECT>
</HTML>

my control have name Test.Ocx i made it by vb6 and it have digital signature all these file in wwwroot directory when i put in my browser http://localhost/test.htm i see my license and i put yes but can't see my control and i have error in script the same proplem show in other cleint
any help plz...
Ahmed Abu Dagga
0
ahmed

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

How to access the properties and methods of the ActiveX control on the client side in Web Form using javascript or vbscript
Hi All, I have looked almost every where for this, and I'll be really appreciated if someone can help me with this. I found a article in MS KB article, #317392, but it is not extactly what I wanted. How do you reference an ActiveX control's methods and properties with javascript in the ASPX? Following is what I have. Some how the following line in the btnclick() does not seems to be working. AlarmCtl.StartTimer() I have done this with just .HTML and it works just fine. Can any one help. Thanks in advance. //===========================...

Client side clock using server side controls
Is it possible to create a client side clock using a server side control (label or textbox) in C# without accessing JavaScript?  If so, how? In principal it is possible, it depends how often you need to reload this clock ... if every second than: 1. It is no sens to do I mean 2. You need than to make setTimeout client script, to refresh page every second With FastPage it seems more real task ... http://fastpage.more.at...

using a .Net Control as activex control in VCL form
Hi , We have a to integrate a simple .Dot CSharp control which needs to be integrated into bcb2010 VCL form as a control. We will place the control on the VCL form along with other VCL controls's. I tried creating a simple .net control using a lable+textbox and trying to use in vcl form. I have made the assembly comvisible and generated tlb files and .bpl for the component. I could see the component in "ActiveX" tool palette. But when I drag the object onto VCL form and try to access its attributes I run into problems. I am not able to see .net control on the vcl at runti...

validation, is it better to have client side or use server side validator controls
 Hi All. I want to do validation on text boxes etc. Is it better to do client side validation or just use the server side validation controls?   Hi!  If for server side controls you mean RequiredFieldValidator, CompareValidator, RegularExpressionValidator, etc.. i can tell you that they use client and server validation. For instance if you use a RequiredFieldValidator, on the client will be a validation, but on the server this condition will be evaluated again. Probably one of the objetives of this is deal with client with javascript disabled. Of course I ...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script> objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ...... }   szUrl = "http://ServerNa...

Can we access controls within user controls on the client side without using ctl0_ControlsName
When we create controls within our user controls, the way we can access those controls in client side is i guess:getElementByID('the client id')but the server chnages the names of those controls to:  clt0_Controlsname, so i always have to use add ctl0 when I want to access to my controls of the user control on the client side.is there a solution to this or that s just the way it isthank you Thanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. Hello tutus,this is maybe the most frequent question in this forum, did you notice?This problems is related to all server co...

Java script cannot differentiate client side controls in user control used multiple on same webform
I have a textbox with a automcomplete extender and a client side link that, when clicked, changes style.display from "none" to "" to display a div that contains a listview with all possible choices for the text box.  I am using javascript to change the div style.display when the link is clicked.  When I have two instances of the usercontrol on the same webform, both links display the div on the first control.  How can the client side javascript tell the difference between the two divs? Try putting the javascript of the user c...

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

How to use method activeX control in PB (Newbie using ActiveX)
Hi all, This is the first time I'm using activeX in my application, does anyone can helpme with these problem. How to use method in activeX because I've got example that come with the ocx file only with VB6 and I don't know how to used it with PB7. ------------ Call ActiveX_name.CopyTable(filename As String,Creator As String,SDDI_plugin_name As String, CreateFlag As Integer, VersionMajor As Integer, VersionMinor As Integer) ------------ THX -- ebr ...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

Web resources about - about use activex control - asp.net.client-side

ActiveX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 1996 and is commonly used in its Windows operating system. In principle it is not dependent on Microsoft Windows, but in practice, most ActiveX ...

유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store on iTunes
Get 유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Activex - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Microsoft warns of Video ActiveX flaw; Vista unaffected
A new vulnerability has been found in ActiveX that affects users running …

South Korea looking to scrap ActiveX payment requirement bad news for Internet Explorer
In 1999, South Korea pushed a law that forced online vendors to adopt Microsoft ActiveX, in order to utilize the SEED cipher developed by the ...

ActiveX for Windows - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
The most downloaded ActiveX software, including Audio Capture ActiveX Control, VB Activex Controls (HVEE 2008), and Innobate Product Key Recovery ...

Microsoft offers patches to ward off ActiveX attacks
In rare out-of-cycle security update, Microsoft fixes hole that put IE users at risk of attacks via ActiveX and other controls. Read this article ...

RIM releases patch for buggy ActiveX control
Research In Motion has patched a piece of software for Windows PCs that could leave them vulnerable to attack when loading new applications onto ...

IE's new ActiveX vulnerability: drive-by exploiting msvidctl.dll
IE has a new ActiveX vulnerability, now being exploited by drive-by downloads: in msvidctl.dll. In IT Blogwatch, bloggers unpick fact from fiction. ...

Activex Articles on Engadget
Activex articles, stories, news and information.