A JQuery selection question

Hi all:

Not sure this is a right place to ask the question:

How could use JQuery to select the <div> containing the text - "v.s." and "win"?

Thank you ^^.

Ricky

Take nothing on looks; take everything on evidence.
- Charles Dickens
0
aliasncnu

XIII

/*********Code**********************/

                    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
  <script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js"></script>

  <script>
  $(document).ready(function(){
    $("input[name='newsletter']").next().text(" is newsletter");
  });
  </script>

</head>
    <input type="radio" name="newsletter" value="Hot Fuzz" />
    <input type="radio" name="newsletters" value="Cold Fusion" />
    <input type="radio" name="accept" value="Evil Plans" />

/***********************************/

Or
http://docs.jquery.com/Selectors/attributeEquals#attributevalue

Check the above link..

Hope it helps

Thanks
Avinash Tiwari

Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you.
0
qwe123kids
5/4/2009 10:05:13 AM

 Hi aliasncnu,

:contains is case sensitive function. So, you have to make use of your own function. Check the sample below.

<head runat="server">
<title>Check Values</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
function check()
{
$("div").each( function() {
if ($(this).html().toUpperCase().indexOf('v.s.'.toUpperCase()) >= 0 && $(this).html().toUpperCase().indexOf('win'.toUpperCase()) >= 0)
alert(this.id);
}
);
}
</script>

Please mark as Answer if it helps u. Thanks!

Parth Patel
Techsture Technologies
Software Developer
Ahmedabad
0
Coool

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

client-side and server-side validation reducing post-backs question
For my page I was using server-side validation. In order to reduce post-backs I decided to implement client-side validation -- do the same validation as server (but keep server-side for security reasons). I could not find the answer to this easily -- Does my client-side validation stop post-backs? I've noticed that having one client-side validation does not stop the other server-validations from doing a post-back. Currently I have 5 CustomValidators, all with ClientValidationFunction and OnServerValidate set. When the client script sets args.isValid as false, does it stop the postback fr...

.NET for client side?
Is this the idea of "Atlas" but using JavaScript rather than another technology? Atlas's goal is to abstract various browser implementations of DOM API and to ease out the developer's job to write rich client applications. Atlas hence makes use of the existing all-browser supported JavaScript to achieve this. Thanks for your reply.Let me convey my idea differently: I would like to author client side code using a class system. I recognise that Atlas is a technology for producing JS code, much in the same way that ASP.NET produces HTML for the browser.Will Atlas be m...

DataGrid Rollover Colors, select single, select multiple rows client side
Iam just adding some more lines to JakeJeck's post  http://forums.asp.net/792635/ShowPost.aspx Put this in a class file         public static DataGridItem ApplyRowRollover(DataGridItem item , string MouseOverColor , string MouseOutColor, string MouseClickColor )         {             item.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "ChangeColorOver(this,'" + MouseOverColor + "','" + MouseClickColor + "');");           ...

Client Side Question
Hi My form has a button and a textbox, and what i want to do is fairly simple... The user will enter a number in the textbox(for the number of days), and when he clicks on the button, it will have a popup window asking the user if he wishes to go ahead and delete data before that specific date. I am able to have the message popup and ask the user, but the problem is that everytime i need to have a postback in order to update the webform, so i had a label around the button which does postback everytime mouseover. But because of doing that, i have created unnecessary traffic to the serve...

Question .NET 2.0 Webservices compatibility issue with .NET 1.1 Client
 Hi all,I have a web service that has been created in .NET 2.0 which returns a custom type 'trading addresses' which is based on a generic list containing trade address objects.Now I have called this web method from my .NET 1.1 client, and it seems I have a collection of type TradingAddresses. I am just wondering what exactly my type TradingAddresses is if it was a core Generic List in .NET 2.0. What do Generic list collections get converted to in .NET 1.1 when the wsdl is created?(also, some fields in the TradeAddress class are Nullable types, which is a .NET 2.0 only type, wh...

newbie's question,HttpResponse.Cache is server side cache or client side cache?
I mean if i want to cache some client-relate information,can i use the httpresponse.cache? The Cache object is server-side. Client caching is entirely controlled by the user's browser. So, you can only make suggestions to the client-side cache by using things like the Pragma-NoCache header....

selecting a .js at client side
 I have different types of .js files with different functions. I am only familiar with this approach        <script language="javascript" src="option1.js" type="text/javascript"></script> What I want to do now is to add a logic wherein I can select what .js should I use. Any ideas how could I achieve this?Example:if this     <script language="javascript" src="option1.js" type="text/javascript"></script> elseif    <script language=&q...

Client Side Validation Question...
I have a Comparison Validator and I compare to a date by setting: cv.ValueToCompare = Date.Today.AddYears(-10).ToShortDateString(); for some reason, the validator fails on a TWO digit year, but succeeds in a FOUR digit year. Now IF I set the value: cv.ValueToCompare = "05/05/94"; for validator works correctly for both TWO digit and FOUR digit years.. Why? Is there something I need to change in the general .js file? is there a work around besides text manipulation?ah! pooh! You could try: cv.ValueToCompare = Date.Today.AddYears(-10).ToStri...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Web resources about - A JQuery selection question - asp.net.client-side

Selection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australian cricket's most surprising Test selections
While Nathan Coulter-Nile's selection for Australia's Test cricket squad was a surprise, it's hardly the first the Aussie selectors have sprung ...

Multi-state plans and selection problems
... often similar in design. In fact, it may be hard for consumers to tell them apart. The short answer is network and the longer answer is selection. ...

Ed Feng's College Football Playoff Standings Predictions Before Selection Sunday
Bleacher Report Ed Feng's College Football Playoff Standings Predictions Before Selection Sunday Bleacher Report Will your team make the College ...

Hulu to offer lulu of a video selection
Site created by NBC Universal and News Corp. to debut Wednesday with shows from more than 50 TV networks, cable stations, and movie studios. ...

After Protest, VA Rescinds Selection Of Phoenix VA Overseer Who Misled Congress About Wait Times
After Protest, VA Rescinds Selection Of Phoenix VA Overseer Who Misled Congress About Wait Times

Prices For CFP and Bowl Game Tickets Dropping On Secondary Market After Selection Sunday
The College Football Playoff and bowl schedule are officially set, and ticket prices have already begun to fall on the secondary market. Both ...

AP PHOTOS: A Selection of Pictures From the Past Week
AP PHOTOS: A selection of pictures from the past week

Today’s selection of articles from Kotaku’s reader-run community: Rodea the Sky Soldier: The TAY Rev
Today’s selection of articles from Kotaku ’s reader-run community: Rodea the Sky Soldier : The TAY Review • Jessica Jones : AKA We’re All Born ...

AP PHOTOS: A selection of pictures from the past week
Albuquerque’s source for local news and live streaming video online. KRQE reports on news, weather, traffic, investigations and sports for New ...