.Net Windows Control in Web Form

Hi all,

How can I use a .Net windows control in a web form? I use object tag but it doesn't work and displays empty.

Thanks in advance

cheers
0
ASP

you can check this article out: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. This shows only how to host the control. If you want interaction with the client you can do this by setting the correct CAS (Code Access Security) settings on the client pc.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
2/19/2007 6:55:45 AM
Thanks guys for your reply

cheers
0
ASP

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Client Side Windows.Forms Control and Web Services New Session ID / Inconsistent Behavior
Hi All,  I am going nuts here and have tried everything I know, googled, read msdn docs and I am still having this problem. Basically... I have a .net Control (.dll built on windows.forms, from system control not a web control) that the client loads via <object></object> tags ala ActiveX. In the control I have a method to execute a call to a web service to collect some information. While the page is getting built and sent to the client browser I use session variables to store some info. The client .net control then calls a webService in the same applic...

.NET Windows Forms in .NET Library Model
Hi, I downloaded C# 2.0 Library Model and I see that it does not contain Windows Forms classes (System.Windows.Forms namespace). Is there another library model for this? ...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formn...

How do I have a web based Client Side Application in .net?
 Is there any way to do this in .net?  Have a Client Side Web Based Client Side application.  similar to Page Designers in VB6? Is it possible?  ORLets say your app was server side but the client lost network connection somehow how would you take the data in the form and resend it when the server came back?   Rico Rodriguez Doesn't really work like that. Most web applications are stateless, but with ASP.NET you can do things to help with that. If someone wanted to run ASP.NET on their client, they'd have to have IIS installed - something most u...

Looping through controls in VB.Net Web Form
I need to disable every imagebutton. In VB6, I would have done it like this: 1 Dim iButton As ImageButton 2 For Each iButton In Me.Controls 3 iButton.Enabled = False 4 Next In .Net, I get a "Specified cast is not valid" errror on line 2. Using Page.controls in place of Me.Controls also produces the same error. So, I tried this (and multiple variations): 1 Dim ibControl As Object 2 For Each ibControl In Me.Controls 3 If TypeOf ibControl Is ImageButton Then 4 ...

Printing .Net Windows Forms Controls with Cassini
I installed Cassini and I am able to browse to to a web page that contains a .NET Windows forms control.  When I do a print preview or print of that page, the control is not displayed.  That area is blank.   This page works fine with IIS, so I am guessing there is some factor related to Cassini as a web server.  I am using Windows 2000, IE 6.02... and .NET FrameWork 1.1.  All of the listed components have the latest server packs installed.   Any ideas on why this control does not show up in IE print/print preview?  Thanks in advance for any input! &nbs...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

Web resources about - .Net Windows Control in Web Form - asp.net.client-side

The Windows Blog

Window cleaner trapped on platform outside Canberra building
A window cleaner and a mechanic had to call the fire brigade for help when they became trapped on a raised platform.

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Windows 10 Mobile is dead in the water
Windows Phone's market share took a huge hit last quarter, dropping to a ridiculously low 1.7 percent. Things could improve following the introduction ...

U-pet, Pet Carriers With Bubble Window for Your Creature Companion
These backpacks let your animal see the world like a little astronaut. via U-pet Most animals are not okay with being carried around in a small ...

Windows tech support: Getting your PC to start
Your PC won't boot. Is the issue loose cables, bumped switches, dead parts? Use this guide to find and fix the problem.

IDC sees 10% decline in Windows Phone, notes slackening smartphone growth
... year the first time growth has slowed into the single digits, IDC said Thursday. Earlier IDC forecasts for 2015 had been higher, but a Windows ...

Bluestacks now runs multiple Android apps on Windows simultaneously
... come a long way since its original app player in 2011, which was notable for being one of the first methods for running Android apps on Windows. ...