.NET for client side?

Is this the idea of "Atlas" but using JavaScript rather than another technology?

0
bluekiwi

Atlas's goal is to abstract various browser implementations of DOM API and to ease out the developer's job to write rich client applications. Atlas hence makes use of the existing all-browser supported JavaScript to achieve this.
0
ravikatha
8/26/2006 2:20:58 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Let me convey my idea differently: I would like to author client side code using a class system. I recognise that Atlas is a technology for producing JS code, much in the same way that ASP.NET produces HTML for the browser.

Will Atlas be made in such a way as to offer a class based system for client side solutions? Say I need a special type of calculator on a Web page. I could author JS code to do it; but could MS make a class based system that produces this JS code?

For example, say I have a math routine in C#. Could it be possible for MS to make a system that takes this code and create the JS equivalent?

Say I want to make a movable layer on a Web page. Could MS make a class system for this task?

I'm thinking...a class system for producing JS code (or whatever technology is devised).

0
bluekiwi
8/31/2006 10:01:44 PM
Please go through the Nikhil's Script# project at http://projects.nikhilk.net/Projects/ScriptSharp.aspx
0
ravikatha
9/1/2006 1:59:52 AM
That project is exactly what I'm thinking of. Ta.
0
bluekiwi

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0
Hi i am new bie to asp.net 2.0.Till date i have been developing projects using VS.Net 1.1 and now i hv decided to upgrade to new version 2.0.Now i want to run and develop my projects using any of the versions as desired.My question is that can i install vs 2.0 without updating the previous version and will i be able to develop and run my applications in any of the versions as desired.i have been known that we can run these versions side by side(i.e. one application can use 1.1 and other 2.0),but can we do side by side development as well(i.e. one application can use 1.1...

Do i need a .Net framework on the client side?
Hello all, Can anyone tell me if there is a .Net framework needed on the client side when want to run an ASP .Net web application? Or will it generate plain html that only requires an Internet browser? Or is it dependent on the version of ASP.Net (1.0, 1.1, 2.0?)   Thanks!   AlbertWeeda     There is no need for the .NET framework to be on the client computer to access your web applications.ASP.NET Websites renders into HTML so all your client needs is a HTML web browser.  you don't need it. and it generates plain html that only requires an Intern...

Changing client side cookies in .NET
I have a few cookies in my applicaiton which are created using javascript. Now I can read the cookies no problem. I can create the cookies in .NET and read them in javascript no problem. If the cookie is created in .NET i can modify it's value in .NET no problem. If the cookie is create in javascript I can modify it's value in javascript no problem. What I can't do is change the value of a cookie created in javascript using .NET. I have tried every permutation of Cookies.Add, Cookies.Set, Cookies.Remove using both the response and request objects. I can debug the code and see ...

Client side .Net Framework version
Dearl All,I have got a windows form embedded into a web application which requires .Net Framework 2.0 on the client end.Now my question is that how can I check if the client has .Net Framework installed or not and also which version it is? Thanks  You can check it through javascript from web app. .NET embeds its version information to IE user agent. So, in IE you can check for .NET with window.navigator.userAgent. For example use the following line in JavaScript to detect .NET 2.0: if (window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf(".NET CLR 2.0") != -1) { // some code goes...

.Net varible into client side JavaScript
I'm need to get a variable from my web app and place its value in a JavaScript. I tried doing this with a Label but I get the HTML included. I don't think I can use the <%# %> from classic ASP? Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? tbone_stl wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? Hi, and welcome to the ASP.NET forums. It's possible to pass a variable to a javascript function. I created a small coding snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http...

.Net Framework needed on the client side?
Hi, Do I need to install the .Net Framework to be able to view .aspx files or just need a browser supporting .aspx files? Thanks HI No, u dont need to install the .net framework the browser is enough. Regards. Hi, ASP.NET webforms and controls that you use emit HTML. This is a markup language that a browser understands. So no, a browser is the only thing needed on the client when viewing webapplications built with ASP.NET. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0 (continued)
Hi, Dave wrote a previous post that said: "If you are referring to web applications - each Virtual server must specify the framework to run under.  Both can run side-by-side.. but not under the same virtual server (application pool)" That looks fine, but I wonder: Is it just as easy as going to Administrative Tools --> IIS --> Select the virtual directory --> go to the property's ASP.NET tab and then selecting the ASP.NET version? Is there some important information that I need to know before going into this? Are there going to be ANY issues I should be aware of? T...

Assigning Session from .NET to client-side script
hi, I am wondering how to assign a Session as a variable to client-side script (javascript)?? I am trying to pass a page URL (eg. current.aspx) to a javascript like (Close) when this button is clicked. My code as follow, but it done'st really work ... ================================================== <%@ Page Language="VB" %> <script runat="server"> sub page_load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) session("link") = "current.aspx" end sub </script> <html&...

good book for client side scripting in .net?
Anyone come across a good book that concentrates on client side scripting./javascript for asp.net? Or at least a book that has devoted a fair bit of it's pages to this topic? I have the MSPress book, Developing Microsoft® ASP.NET Server Controls and Components. While there are quite a few references to client-side functionality, there is only one dedicated chapter. And that chapter is a mere 20 pages. Bearing in mind that ASP.NET is a server-side technology, I doubt you will find a book that concentrates on its client-side scripting aspect. After all, there's only a few ways...

Web resources about - .NET for client side? - asp.net.client-side

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

Sydney builder Bill Issa convicted of attacking clients who complained about his work
... to fix up rundown family homes and transform them into something flashy and new. "It will feel like a new home," he promised one client. "It ...

Client’s “Great Thanksgiving Listen” Campaign Featured on Google Homepage
We love when our clients are successful, and StoryCorps and their amazing Thanksgiving Listen campaign being featured on Google’s homepage certainly ...

In Search Of Client Portals: Rocket Matter
Technology columnist Sean Doherty continues his search for client portals in practice management software-as-a-service offerings, this time checking ...

Agencies Should Follow Clients' Lead on Diversity
A few weeks ago, PepsiCo's Brad Jakeman called out advertising agencies for not evolving with the times. Most important, he criticized them for ...

Dropbox is shutting down Mailbox, the popular email client
Dropbox acquired Mailbox, the extremely popular email client, way back in 2013, and unfortunately it's now time to say goodbye. That's right, ...

Guggenheim Securities' clients - Business Insider Deutschland
The 16-year-old firm has been an adviser on 5 massive transactions in what has been one of the busiest years for mergers and acquisitions on ...

Lawyer defends cop who shot teen 16 times, says client feared for life
The lawyer for the Chicago police officer who fatally shot 17-year-old Laquan McDonald defended his client Friday, saying the officer feared ...