.net com interop

I know this is the wrong venue but I have looked everywhere and I am getting nowhere. Im not a client side fan, but I have no choice in this case. Heres what I want to do:

Create a .net dll with com interop checked.
I then want to access that dll with client with script.
I also want to use "on demand download" style object
for example the way gotdotnet works by installing that cab file:
another example is from a reporting tool we use called active reports for .net
they have a cab file and you place this code in the html and it downloads and gets it reg.
now - ? - how do you create that cab file and get the job off my desk?
I have downloaded MS Cab SDK stuff but cant seem to get the cab to be a valid cab file..
next
I have created a testdll and I can access it using
TestObj = CreateObject("Testdll.TestCom")
but thats not the ticket
I would like the cab and this format:
<OBJECT id="arv" codeBase="arview2.cab#version=2,0,0,1202" classid="clsid:8569D715-FF88-44BA-8D1D-AD3E59543DDE"></OBJECT>
Anyone have even a descent place to point me to?
I know its the wrong forum but theres some hyper active brainstems here.
thanks in advance!!!!!
0
jetproject

Unforgivable: LOL

not 1 minute after I posted this I was like DUH, sometimes you need to define the problem
to solve it but just sometimes the rest is a turkey shoot.
0
jetproject

COM .NET Interop
Hi, I need help here.. I have this problem.I have COM VB6 that call a .NET class library, and this class library use the .NET SAP Conector to extract the information from SAP. I receive the information from SAP in a DataTable, the problem here is that I dont how to return this DataTable to VB6 COM. I made a test, and I can return a String to COM and basic types, but I dont know how to do it with this DataTable.Thanks for your helpI really appreciate. One alternative might be to add the DataTable to a DataSet and then convert the DataSet to an XML string using WriteXml(). That said, quic...

.NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary)
 I need to write a data access code to replace the method of GetPerson() in COM data access, since the existing method is too slow. .NET can reduce the database round trips by using the dataset. The existing COM data access will stay except the GetPerson() method. So I am going to call the .NET getPerson() mehtod from the COM,  The original GetPerson() method in COM just go to data base, pull data from 7 tables and write to dictionary.  If the .NET getPerson() can populate the COM Dictionary, that would be great! I know .NET object can be directly assign t...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0
Hi i am new bie to asp.net 2.0.Till date i have been developing projects using VS.Net 1.1 and now i hv decided to upgrade to new version 2.0.Now i want to run and develop my projects using any of the versions as desired.My question is that can i install vs 2.0 without updating the previous version and will i be able to develop and run my applications in any of the versions as desired.i have been known that we can run these versions side by side(i.e. one application can use 1.1 and other 2.0),but can we do side by side development as well(i.e. one application can use 1.1...

Side by Side Execution of .net v1.1 and .net v2.0 (continued)
Hi, Dave wrote a previous post that said: "If you are referring to web applications - each Virtual server must specify the framework to run under.  Both can run side-by-side.. but not under the same virtual server (application pool)" That looks fine, but I wonder: Is it just as easy as going to Administrative Tools --> IIS --> Select the virtual directory --> go to the property's ASP.NET tab and then selecting the ASP.NET version? Is there some important information that I need to know before going into this? Are there going to be ANY issues I should be aware of? T...

.NET for client side?
Is this the idea of "Atlas" but using JavaScript rather than another technology? Atlas's goal is to abstract various browser implementations of DOM API and to ease out the developer's job to write rich client applications. Atlas hence makes use of the existing all-browser supported JavaScript to achieve this. Thanks for your reply.Let me convey my idea differently: I would like to author client side code using a class system. I recognise that Atlas is a technology for producing JS code, much in the same way that ASP.NET produces HTML for the browser.Will Atlas be m...

Communicate with the client side com port (com1) additionally using a 3rd party dll which is an imported library (non .net compatible dll)
So, I'm an idiot.  I wrote some code and was thrilled when I was able to interact with my COM port controlling a 1-d stage and my USB device, measuring power density, until someone pointed out that they were connected to my server and that the code I wrote only granted access to the server COM ports.... I started down this path because of the new SerialPort class...and just realized it's not the right tool for the job, then went home early to stew in my own frustrations. I've done this before, 4 years ago, using javax.comm Class SerialPort for a different co...

.NET classes hindering .net assembly from being com?
I posted an earlier thread about instanciating a .net assembly from a com client, like an asp page. My problem was that no matter what I did, I could not get the class to instaciate, so I could not call any methods on that class. After quite a bit of trial and error, as far as weak and strong named assemblies, GAC, etc, I came to the conclusion that the object WAS being referenced properly, therefore it was not a problem getting access to the object's class declaration. My problem was that everytime I called a method on the object, I got a "object not set to instance" error. ...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

Call to non .net COM not working after .NET
I have developed small samples of ASP.NET and one of them I tried to call a standard COM (non .NET). I took the code out for now, but a call to that COM from traditional ASP application now does not work. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?...

Web resources about - .net com interop - asp.net.client-side

Interop - IT Expo and Conference - Global Events
Interop - IT Expo and Conference - Global Events

Interop (@interop) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Interop @ interop Las Vegas ...

Season for Interop?
... of a big world-domination-bound entity, the Amazons, Apples, Googles, Intels, etc. then you have, it seems to me, bet your company on interop. ...

Flickr: Interop Events' Photostream
The leading conference and expo for IT managers. Learn more at www.interop.com.

In Pictures: Hottest products at Interop 2015
Interop 2015 features products from networking, Cloud, virtualisation and security vendors

In Pictures: Hot products at Interop
These products are on display at the annual tech conference in Vegas.

CTIA, Interop: Street Tidbits on Networking, Handsets
... this week, the CTIA Wireless 2012 confab, gathering the cellular folks in New Orleans, starting Tuesday and running through Thursday, and Interop ...

Interop 2015: The quiz
A short trivia quiz to measure how much you know about what’s happening at Interop Las Vegas 2015.

interop
Read all 'interop' posts on .

Highlights from Interop 2015
Speakers and attendees at Interop 2015 talk about the latest enterprise networking trends at this year's show. Hot topics include cloud computing, ...