"Access is denied" error

I am trying the following line of code via a button on a page in one frame looking at a document in another frame:

x = parent.frames.item(1).document.documentElement.outerHTML
If the document resides within the "web site content directory", all is fine.
But I need to keep it elsewhere (file server). When I move them (even to another location on the same server, outside of wwwroot) and try the above line, I get the following error:
"Access is denied".
Please help!
Thanks
Chris P
Thanks,

Chris
0
ChrisP

I'm not 100% sure what you mean here, but you can't manipulate a frame which isn't loaded from the same 'domain' if you mean what I think you mean, you're opening one frame with a file:// url and others through HTTP- is this the case?
RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax

Even if the files are in the same domain, but outside of wwwroot, access is denied?

location of website:
C:/inetpub/wwwroot/myweb
If link in left frame opens this file in right frame, the outerhtml is accessible:
C:/inetpub/wwwroot/myweb/files/file.htm
If link in left frame opens this file in right frame, the outerhtml is NOT accessible:
C:/files/file.htm

Eventually, the files will end up on another server, but I can't even get this working on the same server?
I hope I'm explaining this properly? What might I be doing wrong?
Thanks,

Chris
0
ChrisP
11/18/2003 3:42:34 AM
I don't care where they are in the filesystem and neither does javascript - I need to know how they're related in HTTP terms, if at all.
RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax
11/18/2003 4:10:43 AM

I'm not sure what you mean?
This is how I'm opening them at this time:
filey
I have not tried this yet:
filey
Does this help?

Thanks,

Chris
0
ChrisP
11/18/2003 2:36:23 PM
Try putting the following in your javascript, a microsoft security fix caused this problem.

document.domain=mywebser.org;
felix baxter

0
fbaxter

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

How to automatically send denied users to "access denied" page, instead of a login prompt only then to be sent to "access denied" page
Hello: My security works fine except for one small annoyance.  This is an intranet site only and are using Windows (AD) authentication with Anonymous turned off.  The 'good' users get right in, with no prompts.  This is good.  However, the 'bad' (denied) users get a prompt to enter their credentials only to be denied.  I would like to eliminate the need for them to even try and enter credentials and send them directly to an "access denied" page (no prompts).  It only wastes their time and aggrevates them. Thoughts? Tha...

Continuing problem
I have struggled with this problem for a couple of months now with no solution yet. I am migrating an existing web site to a newer user-friendly web using AJAX and the AJAX Toolkit controls.  I am using a couple of the tab controls on a couple of pages, including the default page.  I am using VB 2005 along with SQL Server 2005.  The production server is running IIS 5.1 (and yes, I have installed AJAX and the toolkit on it and yes, the dll files are in the bin directory). Everything works fine on the development machine, but after copying the files to the production server an...

How can I access < input type="hidden" name="objHidden" id="objHidden" > from a .net server side function
Topic says it all..please help!! Right Click the control in the design view and select run as server control. ...

"access to path"...."is denied"
I have a program that opens a csv file and copies all records to a database.  its working fine in development system but when i deploy this to the live system and if i try to copy a csv file on my machine i am getting an error "access to path"..<tempfile.txt> .."is denied.  I am creating a temporary file on the live server and then changing data and then copying records from the temp file to the live databaseThe problem is that the program cannot access the temp file.  Is there a way to change security access rights of the temp file programmatically so tha...

"An error occurred saving the project file"PortalVBVS.vbproj". Access is denied."
"An error occurred saving the project file"PortalVBVS.vbproj". Access is denied." I have been getting this error msg all the time, anytime I update one of the files. Has anybody seen this error besides me. It been so frusrating I built a complete new system from scratch, and I'm still recieve this msg. I believe that it may be related to one of MS service packs, but It has made my portal useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. OS 2000pro with VS2002 aghPeter Nagy Obvious question: do you have write permissions on the Folder? Are any files Read Onl...

PB11 .NET "smart client" PUBLISH ISSUE... "Error when transfering files."
Before I start I should state that I'm not the Microsoft server admin... I have gotten this to work as recently as two days ago, but then it mysteriously stops working without any reason. It pushes most of the files out to the server correctly, but I did notice thatthe "CONFIGURATION.XML" file is missing. The "Publish Application" takes a while before failing and eventually fails with the message... "Error when transferring files." PLEASE HELP. Here is a list of what it is able to put on the server... ../publish.htm ../setup.exe ../tes...

"Access database" and "Login error"
Hey guys,I'm trying to get an Access database to be the location of the username/password combinations. I've done it is as far as I can tell, but I'm now stuck with the following error.These are some of things I have doneSet up the database in ODBC under the name "OdbcServices"Put the database in the "App_data" folder in the website directoryThanks for any help that you guys can give about the error.The Naked Programmer------------------------------------------ Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the proc...

SliderExtender causes client-side error when "decimals" property is non-zero "multiple controls were found with the same id."
Hi, I am getting a client-side error like this: "Multiple controls were found with the same ID. FindControl requires that controls have unique ids". Ok, that's fine, and normally very easy to fix. But I am getting the error to occur under very strict circumstances. 1. The user controls are inside an update panel 2. There are at least two ajax sliderextenders with their "decimals" property set to a non-zero value. Setting the "decimals" property to zero fixes the problem, though I of course want to have decimals! Is there anything I c...

"access denied" error...
i"m trying to upload images files in my web. using a control. but i"m geting this error massege: "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\shoreshstore\smallimages\20.jpg" is denied. The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET process identity. To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,...

errorContext description="Access is denied." code="0x80070005" executeSeqNo="0"
I am installing the Hosted Exchange Sample Web Service Client using - Volume 7: Deploying Hosted Exchange 2003, Book 6: Running Hosted Exchange Reference Architecture. At 7.6.7 To initialize the MPFClient configuration Registry key; I get the error message when clicking the "invoke" button: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <string xmlns="http://provisioning.microsoft.com/webservices"><response><errorContext description="Access is denied." code="0x80070005" executeSeqNo="0" />&...

"Unable to add SIP Domain data. scriptErrorSource: MSFT_SIPDomainData.Put_ consumerorg1.net, Error: Access is denied."
Hello, I am getting following error when i try to create Consumer Organization (Procedure DLC.55). <response>  <errorContext description="Unable to add SIP Domain data. scriptErrorSource: MSFT_SIPDomainData.Put_ consumerorg1.net, Error: Access is denied." code="0x80004005"   executeSeqNo="359">    <errorSource namespace="Error Provider" procedure="SetError"/>    <errorSource namespace="Managed Helpers" procedure="AddLCSDomain_"/>    <errorSource namespace="Managed Helpers" procedure="AddLCSDomainToServer...

A "Forbidden. You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list." appears
  Hello! A few days ago this message started to appear on my ie everytime I try to run a any web application from VS2005: Forbidden You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list.   I gave the user "ASP.NET Machine A..." administrator privileges and even reinstalled VS2005. How do I solve this problem??   Thanks!!!  Dekel C. Is this your problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/316699Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You!...

Damn "Access is Denied" error
So i was working on a local chat program that was in demo mode, copied over the registered version of the dll, now i am getting the @#$% and dreaded "Access is Denied" error Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'ASPMultiChatKernel'.Source Error: Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=...

Web resources about - "Access is denied" error - asp.net.client-side