Server Error in '/' Application...Help!!!!!!!!

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I am using the new VS2008 and when I run it locally it works great.

But when I upload it to an IIS7 Server it blowsup every time, and no matter what I do it justs keeps doing the same thing.

Here is the Error message that I get and it is the same everytime.

 Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Server Error in '/' Application.

Request is not available in this context

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request is not available in this context

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request is not available in this context]
   System.Web.HttpContext.get_Request() +3465845
   AspNet.StarterKits.Classifieds.Web.ClassifiedsHttpApplication.GetSiteUrl() +29
   AspNet.StarterKits.Classifieds.Web.ClassifiedsHttpApplication.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +14
   ASP.global_asax.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) +98

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request is not available in this context]
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +3384766
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +125
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +182
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +259
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +245

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request is not available in this context]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +3465427
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +69
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +675

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

0
eatech
12/14/2007 3:38:34 PM
asp.net.classified-starter-kit 974 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ashmetry

My remote site will not log-in or successfully create an account, it says 'RUNTIME ERROR' 'Server Error in '/' Application' (does work in local) PLEASE HELP! thanks
Hi, I have VB2005 and i made a form using the video from 'Get Started' and I used the default wizard (ie: Login, Create Account...) When i publish via frontpage i use 'FTP' first and then 'Frontpage or Sharepoint Services'. Note my host is ASP.net 2.0 enabled and Frontpage Server Ext. 2002... When i open my site www.thegamehouse.co.nz and go into create account, I create an account but when i click 'Create' it loads real slow for 10 secs then says the following: (Actual Error) Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the...

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Server Error in '/' Application? Need help figuring out error message
I have successfuly created a web application, and have built and ran it on my PC under inetpub/wwwroot. Now when I deploy it to the company web server and try to run it I get the following error message. The message does not give me enough information to figure out what is wrong. Could someone pleae help me out?Here is the message:Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error ...

Server Error in '/' Application......help
I bought new hosting but getting the following error, the same app. is working at one free server. The guys at hosting company could'nt figure out this. I tried things what are suggested in this error but to no avail. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be vi...

Help!! Server Error in '/' Application.
Hi Everyone,  I'm having some problems I need help with...  When I run my asp.net vb app in Visual Studio, it works fine, when I run it on a IIS server, when I login, it errors out! Any code that doesn't login works fine. I incorporated my ASPNETDB tables into an access database with a C# membership class.  I am using an Access data as my provider, Here is a portion of my web config. I have been searching foumns and such for the last two days.  Thanks Bill  <connectionStrings> <add name="Green CardConnectionString"connectionString=&...

Help with Server Error in '/' Application
 hi whenever i try to go enter some site this comes up, does anyone know how to fix this. i am using window xp home thanks, Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source Error: The source code that generated this unhandled excep...

Help me for Server Error in '/' Application.
I am getting an errorServer Error in '/' Application.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an app...

server error in '/' Application Incorrect syntax near ','.
This code used to work now I get an error(error follows code)  can anyone tell me where I went wrong?[vbcode]i = 0            For i = 0 To 7                If requests(i) <> "" Then                    request = requests(i)                    Dim sql1 As String =...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

PLEASE HELP! Server Error in '/' Application.
 I've tried to find an answer to this question but as of yet haven't.  Let me preface this by saying that I don't really know much about asp.net as I'm just beginning to learn about it.  I followed the simple steps to set up my personal web page, made sure asp.net 2.0 is set up on my host/server and copied/ftp'd my site to the host.  I previously deleted off of it anything that was there, so there should be no file on the server that is causing problems there.  But when I try to pull up my page in a browser this is what I get: Server Error in '/' Application. ...

Please Help : Server Error in '/' Application.
Hi , i am running a simple aspx web on win 2000 Pro IIS Server. i am continuously getting the following error, it happen with every aspx extension. i checked the web but didnt find any correct solution. i have installed dotnet frame work. PLeaseeeeeeee , help me . here is the error ******************************* Server Error in '/' Application. Server cannot access application directory 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\'. The directory does not exist or is not accessible because of security settings. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current ...

help! Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application.
When I finish install the dnn2.0 , the page beccome: Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: An unhandled exception was...

Server Error in '/' Application
Hi, I am new with asp.net i made very simple program , like if u press button then in label1 it will show fosiul. I can run it with my computer , but when i uploaded it at my web server, fosiul.co.uk , then it giving me Server Error in '/' Application error message and also Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To ena...

Help Please! Server Error in '/CommerceCSVS' Application
I am new to ASP.Net, and I really need your help. When I tried to run "Commerce Starter Kit", I got an error massage as follows: begin of error massage: Server Error in '/CommerceCSVS' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'validateRequest...

Web resources about - Server Error in '/' Application...Help!!!!!!!! - asp.net.classified-starter-kit

Help - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions , commonly abbreviated "H.E.L.P." Text is available under the Creative ...

Here’s How Facebook Can Help You Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
For those who believe in the practice, it’s time to decide upon your New Year’s resolutions , and Facebook has some ways to help once those goals ...

Google Cardboard helps doctor save baby’s life
... Google Cardboard games and apps Heart Scan LQ by iprototypedit.com on Sketchfab OK, so VR didn't exactly save the baby's life, but it helped ...

7 apps to help you start off the new year right
... or completing countless other resolutions. When the rubber meets the road, though, its easier said than done. These seven apps will help you ...

Clueless UK government wants you to help define its digital strategy
... In 2016 he plans to unveil a five-year plan in the form of the Digital Strategy for the UK (his capitalization, not mine), but he needs help. ...

Airbus’s clever new planes are designed to help you beat jet lag
One thing frequent fliers hate most is jet lag, but Airbus is taking steps to help them adjust to new time zones faster than before. The new ...

January's Writing Lab Helps You Achieve Balance
... thrown your way as life unfolds. The BlogHer Writing Lab is what you make of it. At its core, it's about getting you writing. It's about helping ...

4 Niche Ideas That Will Help You Make the World a Better Place
... 10 per cent of the total world’s population, or roughly 650 million people, live with a disability”. That’s a wide audience to reach and help! ...

Elephant seal determined to cross highway on its own terms, refuses help
Rescuers don't know exactly why the sea mammal wants to cross the road, but say "it is very committed to crossing"