dataadapter UpdateAd method not updating new fields added to xsd

Hi,

 I am using the classified kit for a new projects at work and have run into a problem that is really eating into my time now.

 I have added new fields and gone ethrough the process of updating the Ads.xsd with the new parameters in the adapter methods etc.

The regenerated data adapter code regenerates the UpdateAd method with all the new parameters but when called is not updating the values back to the database! However I added some fields to the Ads.xsd previously and it is working for these fields!?! I did notice that these previous fields have been added to the data adapter "Update" (not UpdateAd) method whereas my new fields have not. I presume that is why the update is not working for my new fields. Anyone any ideas why the "Update method" is not including my new fields? (Help ... my nuts are on the line here!!!)

0
hughgallagher
6/27/2007 12:33:52 PM
asp.net.classified-starter-kit 974 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you update the parameters at the bottom of the editad page?

such as:

<UpdateParameters>

<asp:Parameter Name="original_Id" Type="Int32" />

<asp:ProfileParameter Type="Int32" Name="memberId" PropertyName="MemberId" />

<asp:Parameter Type="String" Name="title"></asp:Parameter>

<asp:Parameter Type="String" Name="description"></asp:Parameter>

<asp:Parameter Type="Decimal" Name="price"></asp:Parameter>

<asp:Parameter Type="String" Name="location"></asp:Parameter>

When I went through mine I forgot that part at first.

If that's not it I just want to clarify on the Ads.xsd file, you changed the code in it, right not just adding the columns.

code like:

 <UpdateCommand>

<DbCommand CommandType="StoredProcedure" ModifiedByUser="False">

<CommandText>UpdateAd</CommandText>

<Parameters>

<Parameter AllowDbNull="True" AutogeneratedName="" DataSourceName="" DbType="Int32" Direction="ReturnValue" ParameterName="@RETURN_VALUE" Precision="10" ProviderType="Int" Scale="0" Size="4" SourceColumnNullMapping="False" SourceVersion="Current">

</Parameter>

<Parameter AllowDbNull="True" AutogeneratedName="" DataSourceName="" DbType="Int32" Direction="Input" ParameterName="@Id" Precision="10" ProviderType="Int" Scale="0" Size="4" SourceColumn="Id" SourceColumnNullMapping="False" SourceVersion="Current">

</Parameter>

<Parameter AllowDbNull="True" AutogeneratedName="" DataSourceName="" DbType="Int32" Direction="Input" ParameterName="@MemberId" Precision="10" ProviderType="Int" Scale="0" Size="4" SourceColumn="MemberId" SourceColumnNullMapping="False" SourceVersion="Current">

</Parameter>

<Parameter AllowDbNull="True" AutogeneratedName="" DataSourceName="" DbType="String" Direction="Input" ParameterName="@Title" Precision="0" ProviderType="NVarChar" Scale="0" Size="100" SourceColumn="Title" SourceColumnNullMapping="False" SourceVersion="Current">

</Parameter>

If you did those two major things already and the code for the .xsd file is in the same order for your new columns

as it is for each section, ie insert, update, relist . . .

Then list in detail what files you changed, and I'll tell you what you left out.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
darkknight187
6/27/2007 10:21:45 PM

Also if you didn't notice the Ads.xsd file has two sections for udate ad.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
darkknight187

How to update dataset (xsd) if a new field was added into based table?
I created dataset object from "Add new item" named it as myOrder.xsd. It is based a table Order. How to update myOrder.xsd if a new field was added into Order? I have to delete myOrder.xsd and then re-create it. It is kind of stupid  way. I'm afraid that stupid way is the only way.There is no conveient way in vs.net to synchronize them. hi, I think you can first update the dataset, and use the dataset up the database refer to this post update a database from a DataSet object http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307587Jessica CaoSincerely,Microsoft Online Co...

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

I am new to Classifieds Starter Kit
I am new to Classifieds Starter Kit. Could someone tell me  1. how to create an admin level account? 2. Is that possible to integrate Classifieds Starter Kit with paypal?   3. Could someone show me the live web site created from this Classifieds Starter Kit?   Thanks in advance, Peter     Hello Peter, and welcome to the forum. To set yourself as admin all you have to do is follow this link  http://forums.asp.net/t/1110595.aspx (the link to the users.aspx file it at the bottom of the first post) unzip it and upload the two files to ...

classified ad starter kit help
When trying to access the classified ad starter kit site administration section in a browser -- it keeps asking me for a username and password -- which I provide. However, it takes me to the main portal of the site -- not the admiistrator site -- with no way to even get to the administrator section. this is even if I try to place the default.aspx page in Admin folder into the browser. Any idea how I can actually access the admin section of the starter kit to see how this works.   what is your web.config file like what what role is your user in? the screen asking for username and pas...

New update to Commerce Starter Kit
The latest updated to Commerce Starter Kit is QuickCart 2004. We have added 2 more features to QuickCart 2004: 1- Australia postcode validation or your country postcode. 2- Postage and handling fee calculation from the total of products weight and subtotal. This new update will be available soon. You can download the recent version from our website at www.oniondotnet.com or take a testdrive to see if QuickCart will fit in your requirement. We also create a complete reference guide to build QuickCart 2004 from the ground up. This guide will strengthen you knowledge on QuickCart 20...

New Classifieds Starter Kit setup
ok i downloaded the Classifieds Starter Kit and this is what i have to work with Web server running w2k3 web edition and w2k server running sql 2000 It looks like the Classifieds Starter Kit is set to run with sqlexpress, what things do i need to change to make this work with my setup? Create your database(s) on your 2000 box. You can create the aspnetdb database within the classifieds database, or you can create 2 separate databases. Change your connection strings to point to your database(s). Here's the connection strings:     <add name="classifiedsConnectio...

Adding a column to Classifieds Starter Kit
Guys,  Been trying to add another column to the starter kit, all good except for when I try to change the code in App-Code/DAL/Ads.xsd I right click and view code and then try to copy URL code areas (as basis of correct code) to duplicate a new coulmn called Phone However after completing for all relevant areas I get a load of debug errors examples below; Error 101 Unable to open module file 'C:\Users\The Marsden\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\pilot\2db3a3fc\61283fc6\Sources_App_Code\ads.xsd.f5e36021.vb': System Error &H80070002& C:\Users\T...

How to update Classifieds Starter kit Template in VS2005?
Hi!I installed Classifieds Starter Kit Beta Version before. Today I just found there is a Final version. I downloaded the new one and double clicked the .vsi file and installed. But later I found there are two Classifieds Starter Kit templates and their names are the same in my VS 2005.So, how can I delete the old template? Thanks! anybody help? I don't know anything about Classified Starter Kit but in .NET the assembly numbers are not the same so check that and delete the old number.  Hope this helps.Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks! But.....sorry, I even dont know how to...

Adding RSS feature to your Classifieds Starter Kit Site
Adding RSS feature to your Classifieds Starter Kit Site   Document Version: 1.0 Author: Eric Chau / himawari Last Updated Date: January 29, 2007 Background Our client is a dealership with two locations and selling five luxury brands in Vancouver BC. It has one main corporate site and three brand-focus micro-sites with the main site hosting centralized preowned, events and career sections for all five brands and two locations.   While this structure allows better navigation for users as well SEO results, it does add more work for site maintenance.  To make things worse,...

Update problem in dataadapter.update method
Hi I'm using dataadapter and data table to insert/update rows in table   When I try to insert the row it works perfectly but when I'm updating an already existing row it gives me a strage error   Following is the codeDim daQuestions As New MainDataSetTableAdapters.QUESTIONSTableAdapter Dim dtQuestions As New MainDataSet.QUESTIONSDataTableDim rowQuestions As MainDataSet.QUESTIONSRow daQuestions.Fill(dtQuestions)  rowQuestions = dtQuestions.Rows.Find(CInt(labelDummy.Text)) rowQuestions.BeginEdit() rowQuestions.NO_OF_ANS = rowQuestions.NO_OF_ANS + 1 rowQuesti...

Can not get starter kit Classified ad to unwrap. NEWB :)
Can not get past the second part of  Classified ad I get  "Installation stopped because the directory for the ProjectType value did not exist.  The project type is invalid for your installation of Visual Studio". Need some help. I've solved My problem Thanks to no one except Thanks to http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/c5d2e392-1c48-4aab-bdfa-11e011845c42  Elrey H.  ...

Classified starter kit:How to have more than 1 ad on left side bar?
I would like to display more than 1 ad in the left side (the ads feature).  i was able to have more than 1 ad displaying in only one spot from the admin tools.  I would like to have 3 (ad of the week) displayed. Any help?ThanksMCP Africans in USA-CanadaTravel to Burkina faso,Burkinabe du monde, Annonces Senegal, femmes au sénégalDate and Chat with Africans"We do what we have to do so that we can do what we want to do...

Starter kits updated to work with Win2K3, VS.NET 03?
Hi, I downloaded the communities starter kit (VB VS), from this website and intalled it. When I first tried to use the application, it balked with a SQL Server error. As I had found with database access in other ASP.NET apps, the problem was that Win2K3 uses NETWORK SERVICE, where other OS versions use ASPNET. I added a new user to the DB to reflect this, and was able to get CSK to work. I was interested to see what the solution looked like in VS (I'm using VS.NET 03), and found the folder to open the project. When VS openned it, it said it needed to convert it to the later ver...

New to .NET
New to .NET - how to setup the first Starter Kit that works on a shared server?  I get some common errors... but since I am so new I can not find anywhere when I search what to do to move from the local server to the remote server.  I have a shared server and I was planning on doing a site in /dev/ so I can practice before making it live.... yet I can not get anything to work.   Thanks, Nathan There are forums for each starter kit, and most have walktrhoughs for common problems moving to a host.  Setting permissions, creating the application root, configuring the da...

Web resources about - dataadapter UpdateAd method not updating new fields added to xsd - asp.net.classified-starter-kit

Microsoft Data Access Components - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BlueVision, LLC - .NET Tips and Tricks
Note: Some tips might become outdated as new versions of the associated products are released. Debugging the OnStart method of a Windows Service ...

Top Ranked Articles

DotNetNuke – Data Access Layer Alternative
-*+Now that I’ve explained the standard way of creating a Data Access Layer (DAL) for DotNetNuke, we can address the alternative method of providing ...

MSDN Magazine December 2001
The Windows XP kernel includes a number of improvements over Windows 2000 that promote better scalability and overall performance. This article ...

Visionpace :: Software Development in pace with your vision
Software development, coaching and training using Agile methodology and Microsoft technologies

accounting software using visual basic and c#
developing accounting software using visual basic and C#

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013