Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports - Having Trouble Getting Crystal Reports to be recognized

Hi,

I am working with Win XP home, Cassini and VS.Net.
I would like to play with some Crystal Reports.
I create the report in VS as CrystalReport1.
I put a CrystalReportViewer on my web form. It does not get recognized as a defined object type but there are no build errors.
When I run the app I get an error: Type 'CrystalReport1' is not defined.

I have googled on this and see several things people have suggested/tried to correct this. Most I have already tried or the suggestions are not very clear to me.
Then I came across a msg that instructed me to set up virtual directories for IIS for CrystalReports. So this got me to wondering if I need to do something similar for Cassini or if these items can all work together at all.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

0
DGasp
8/25/2005 11:21:19 PM
asp.net.cassini-web-server 484 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to turn the report into a web service, this information is provided on the Crystal Reports website (know owned by business objects).

I got it working under both IIS on xp pro and cassini (make sure the application dll and web.config file go in the cassini bin.)

Regards

Mark Worsfold MCP
http://www.webspecit.co.uk
0
marcusdev

Crystal Reports, Cassini and VS.net
Hi,I am trying to get a little sample report running in VS.net 2003.I have created a report called CrystalReport1 in my app dir.It is in a namespace called ReportNameSpace.      I did this by putting that in the properties for the .RPT file's Custom Tool NameSpace item and also in the      CrystalReport1.vb property.I imported this namespace in my Preview.aspx page.I have tried various combinations of things, but as it stands right now my pageload eventhas this code:Dim myreport as reportdocument myreport = new CrystalReport1myreport.Load("d:\websites\appdir\Cry...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

how to view web application after publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005 ?
for publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005, I followed everthing and completed everything successfully as mentioned in this link - http://techisolutions.blogspot.com/2007/11/publishing-crystal-reports-to-web-using.html But now i am stuck is how to view my web application ? what url should i give my intranet users to view this web application? Please help. Thanks. Hi, When we run the Web Setup project, your application will be installed on the local IIS. You can view it from IIS. To access it from another machine, we need to configure it to use IP address instead of "...

failed to view web application after publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005
for publishing crystal reports to web using VS.Net 2005, I followed everthing and completed everything successfully as mentioned in this link - http://techisolutions.blogspot.com/2007/11/publishing-crystal-reports-to-web-using.html I somehow figure out how to  view my web application , i used this url - http://mysrv/WebSetup1/default.aspx  But when i hit enter I get this message - The page cannot be found Please help....looks like i am soo close but not sure .....please advise. Thanks. Hi, Please refer to your another post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1317004.aspx   Th...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

Can a .net web service return a crystal report .rpt object to use as a report source?
I would like to have a .net web service return an .rpt object to use as a report source for the crystal reports viewer on a thick client (windows .net form). Is this possible? The documentation -- the lack of it, actually -- on this subject seems to indicate no, but I'm not that familiar with the standard deployment schemes. I don't want to create the reports as web services, because they will be created on the fly by users without vs.net, and I'm also restricted by security concerns from putting new software (e.g., report server, merge modules, et al.) on the server that hosts the ....

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

Is it a bug for vs.net to show crystal report using web page?
I have a web project and I creat a page to view the report using crystalreportview, if I put my code inside the page_load, the page_load event don't happen. After I add protected void crvExploration_Init(object sender, EventArgs e) { } although the method inside is empty, the page_load event happened, any one has idea why this method cause page_load fired? By the way, I am using vs.net 2008 professional version under window 2003 server.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you....

Converting VS 2003 Crystal reports to VS 2005 crystal reports
Hello,     I have converted a VS 2003 project that has few Crstalreports in it to VS 2005. All the dlls got converted good except the Crystalreports part. I have a sub routine called ExportReport() in a page called GenerateReport.aspx page in VS 2003 which generates the report in a word or excel etc... based on what user selects.   Tthe first line I have is Dim myReport as new CrystalReport1 and this works perfect in VS 2003. But when I converted the entire project to VS 2005 it CrystalReport is not recognised by the IDE and I see a blue line underneath. ...

Web resources about - Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports - Having Trouble Getting Crystal Reports to be recognized - asp.net.cassini-web-server

List of federally recognized tribes by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States , the Indian tribe is a fundamental unit of sovereign tribal government, and the constitution grants to the U.S. Congress ...

Twitter recognized by Online Trust Alliance
... that have adopted key technologies to help protect users’ privacy and identity from abuse. We’re very pleased that this year the OTA has recognized ...

Animal Consciousness Officially Recognized by Leading Panel of Neuroscientists - YouTube
Historic Proclamation of the Cambridge Declaration on Consciousness in Human non-Human Animals at the Francis Crick Memorial Conference, Churchill ...

Women leaders in security recognized
Each year, the Executive Women's Forum announces their "Women of Influence" Awards at their annual EWF event.

Afghan officials, Taliban end first officially recognized peace talks
The first officially acknowledged peace talks between the Afghan Taliban and the government in Kabul concluded with an agreement to meet again ...

U.S. says planned independence vote in eastern Ukraine will not be recognized - CTV News
The Obama administration denounced as illegal a planned weekend referendum by pro-Russian insurgents pushing for autonomy and independence for ...

Alberta talent recognized by Emmys for work on ‘Fargo’
Alberta-born cinematographer Matthew J. Lloyd always thought he'd have to go to New York or Los Angeles to find success.

Brian Wong, Kiip CEO, Recognized By Forbes
Vancouver native and UBC alumnus Brian Wong has been named to the Forbes Top 30 Under 30 list for the second time. This week, the magazine counted ...

Student news recognized by Canadian Online Publishing Awards
Student news organizations were among the winners at this year’s Canadian Online Publishing Awards. Student news organizations were among the ...

Xinhua Insight: What after China's past glories get recognized by World ...
Xinhua Xinhua Insight: What after China's past glories get recognized by World ... CCTV BEIJING, June 22 (Xinhua) China had made marathon ...