You may receive the error "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" - Part II

This article is in continuation with Part I where I explained the scenarios where this error occurs when the Webserver and SQL Server are running on the same machine.

It explains the scenario where you have your Webserver and SQL Server running on different machines.

http://harishmvp.blogspot.com/2005/05/you-may-receive-error-login-failed-for_25.html

Thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh
5/25/2005 11:45:44 AM
asp.net.announcements 2378 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How to Handle Error Message: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."
I'm running WinXP and using "Visual Studio 2005". To make a long story short, my "Default.aspx" page is using a GridView to display data which is being read from a Windows 2000 DB server. When I run the app under the IDE all works fine. I copied the 1 file and put it into my folder as, "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\default.aspx". When it loads I receive the error message, "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." I'm frustrated with Studio Express 05 and will not bother with it again until Microsoft fixes this deployment issue. Can any one ...

"Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection"
Hi all,newbie here so please bear with me.I'm on a shared hosting account and I have set up a database but when I try to login I keep getting this error:"Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection"I've looked about for a solution but it all seems to be about altering IIS settings or creating a domain account, as I'm on shared hosting I can't do either of these. What should I be doing? Thanks for any help.     Hi,tirelessU can Go for these In web.config<system.web> <identi...

Getting error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" on trying to authenticate a user
Hi, I created aspnetdb on Sql Server 2005 and modified my web.config LocalSqlServer connection string to connect to the Sql Server instead of mdf file on Sql Server. When i click Log In button on my login control i am getting the error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" But when i bind a radio button list or any control to select from aspnet_users or roles table data is displayed fine without any login errors (i am using aspnetdbConnectionString given below for binding data). Why is it happening only when i authenticate but...

error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. "
All the research I found dealing with this problem is that the solution is to set SQLserver to mix mode.  I have SQL server already set to mix mode. I am not sure what else to do. Has anybody run into this problem? my connection string: <connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source= server name ; Initial Catalog=FILESHAREDB.MDF; Integrated Security=false;"providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> </connectionStrings>   Server Error in '/SendItNow' Application.  ...

Getting Error:Login Failed for user'(null)' .Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
can any one helpPooja Thakur Hi,I have two articles for thathttp://harishmvp.blogspot.com/2005/05/you-may-receive-error-login-failed-for.htmlhttp://harishmvp.blogspot.com/2005/05/you-may-receive-error-login-failed-for_25.htmlPlease check and let me know if this doesnt solve your issue.Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh Hi, Thanks for the reply, but i'm getting then  following error now. Please suggest some solution at the earliest.thankyou.Pooja Thakur if the connection failed that mean the ASPNET user account can not access the DB and the other reason mig...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
 Hmmm.... I have been developing a site on my local machine and it all works there. When I push it to the web-server it does not. I have used connection strings in my web.config file that look like this (the names have been changed to protect the innocent.. or me...) <add name="TDemoSiteConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.8.37;Initial Catalog=TDemoSite;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=TDemo;Password=fred" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> When I call a table adapter I get the error 'login failed for user null'. W...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
After sucessful installation of portal Starter kit, Portal Database was created and portaluser was the new login created. but when i tried to access the portalVBSDK on my PC this error is displayed. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Rea...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
This code is giving me this error using System; using System.Configuration; using System.Data; using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Text;     namespace WebApplication1 { /// <summary> /// Summary description for WebForm1. /// </summary> public class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page { private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { SqlConnection con; string sql; SqlDataAdapter adExisting; //con = new SqlConnection("Data Source=slon12d11012";User ID=nnichol1;); //con = new SqlConnection("Initial Catalog=DACari;Data Source=slon12d1101...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
hi all. This is my first web form,and I am trying to conenct to a table in Ms SQL Server. when I run my program I got the followin error message: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. I am using windows 2000 authentication. How can I fix it ? Thanks jsn hello, u need to privde a username and password for the SQL server that you are using !!!Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP 1. Open IIS, right-click on the virtual directory for your site and click on Properties. 2. Click the Dire...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Can anyone tell me why I get this error message and how to fix it? Thanks, Scott I would guess that it is because your SQL server is set up for windows authentication rather than mixed mode, and that your ASPNET account doesn't have a corresponding SQL server account. Jeff MartinMCSD C# .NEThttp://www.jeffmartin.com I found this method of changing modes on another site, and it helped me a lot. You can change the authentication to "SQL Server and Windows" by changing this registry setting: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer LoginMode = ...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
I dont believe that no one can help me in this damn error,Please, I'm gonne lose my job offer If I didnt fix this. I have spent 7 days searching with no use !! I use ASP.NET 2.0 with C# to develop an intranet site, it was working perfectly when i was on Visual Studio, when i tried to publish the site it gave me that error. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. the web application on IIS server, windows 2003 - the database on a different server windows 2003, sql server 2000. Regaeding that we have proxy server, one fi...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Hi i installed msde with follwoing attributes for a project DotnetNUke..C:\sql2ksp3\MSDE\>Setup.exe SAPWD="password "INSTANCENAME="DNNV3" SECURITYMODE=SQLin my web.config file here is what i am using==><appSettings>    <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(local);Database=DNNV3;uid=;pwd=password;" />   but i am getting below error...can anyone PLEASE help me on this.thanks a lotInstalling DotNetNukeUpgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider   ---------------------------------------------...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Dear All,I am trying to establish a connection to my SQL Server which is on the Remote machine. My ASP.Net application is on the local machine. Below is my connection string: <appSettings><add key="NorthConn" value="server=ABC;integrated security=sspi;database=Northwind"/></appSettings>The North wind Database has the following user accounts:1) ABC\ASPNET2)ABC\IUSR_ABCboth of these accounts have permissions granted to them.My SQL Server has both Windows and SQL Server authentication checked. I checked the properties of my  web project in IIS  and it has both Anony...

Web resources about - You may receive the error "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" - Part II - asp.net.announcements