SpreadsheetGear Releases Microsoft Excel Compatible Spreadsheet Component for the Microsoft .NET Framework

LENEXA, KS, September 20th, 2005 -  Today, SpreadsheetGear LLC announced the immediate availability of SpreadsheetGear for .NET, a royalty free Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet component built by industry veterans for the Microsoft .NET Framework. SpreadsheetGear for .NET provides Microsoft .NET Framework developers the tool they need to leverage the existing skills of Microsoft Excel users by allowing these users to receive richly formatted information, design reports, specify business rules, set up complex calculations and provide tables of data in a form in which they are both knowledgeable and comfortable.

“For more than twenty years, we have been creating and leading the development of high performance spreadsheet technology which is used by most of the Fortune 500. In 2003, we started work on SpreadsheetGear for .NET with a commitment to delivering the most reliable, most scalable and highest performance spreadsheet components for the Microsoft .NET Framework. We have a passion for performance, an obsession with quality, and we are focused on customer satisfaction.” said Joe Erickson, Founder and CEO of SpreadsheetGear.

“With SpreadsheetGear, we finally have a company that understands our requirements in regards to supporting the Microsoft Excel file format in the Microsoft .NET Framework,” according to Tim Tow, President of Applied OLAP, Inc. and former Microsoft Excel MVP. “SpreadsheetGear has the vision and the ability to provide the advanced spreadsheet functionality our customers expect in our products.”

“Microsoft Excel is the lingua franca for the world of information delivery and analysis. SpreadsheetGear for .NET improves on Microsoft .NET’s ability to communicate with this world in all sorts of solutions including Windows Forms applications created with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET, ASP.NET applications developed with Microsoft Visual C#, Microsoft Office solutions built with Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office and mission-critical distributed services architected with Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2005,” said Terry Erickson, Chief Software Architect for SpreadsheetGear.

SpreadsheetGear for .NET Key Features
-Create, read, modify, calculate and write Microsoft Excel workbooks without Excel.
-Easily convert entire workbooks or specific ranges to a DataSet or DataTable.
-The fastest and most complete Microsoft Excel compatible calculation engine available.
-235 functions, all operators, defined names, data tables, arrays, custom functions and more.
-All number formats, alignment, fonts, borders, colors, patterns, cell protection and merged cells.
-Visual Studio.NET 2003 and Visual Studio.NET 2005 integration, including IntelliSense and Dynamic Help.
-Supports Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and 64-Bit Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
-Royalty free and hassle free deployment with no license keys, registry entries or configuration files.
-Easy to use API which will be familiar to Microsoft Excel VBA and COM developers.
-The security of 100 percent safe managed code.

Fully functional evaluations of SpreadsheetGear for .NET may be downloaded from www.spreadsheetgear.com.

About SpreadsheetGear
SpreadsheetGear LLC is a privately held software publisher located in Lenexa, Kansas.  The company was founded by Joe Erickson in 2003 to develop a new generation of Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet components for the Microsoft .NET Framework, including Windows Forms, ASP.NET, SQL Server and Microsoft Office solutions.  Since 1984, Erickson has led the development of the Smart Spreadsheet, Wingz for Macintosh, Formula One VBX, Formula One ActiveX and Formula One for Java.

Joe Erickson
Founder and CEO
www.spreadsheetgear.com
0
Joe
9/20/2005 2:55:21 PM
asp.net.announcements 2378 articles. 1 followers. Follow

SpreadsheetGear for .NET Release Candidate, a royalty free Microsoft Excel spreadsheet component for the Microsoft .NET Framework, is available for download.
9/12/2005 - SpreadsheetGear for .NET is a royalty free Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet component built by industry veterans for the Microsoft .NET Framework. SpreadsheetGear for .NET provides .NET Framework developers the tool they need to leverage the existing skills of Excel users by allowing these users to design reports, specify business rules, set up complex calculations and provide tables of data in a form in which they are both knowledgeable and comfortable. SpreadsheetGear for .NET features the fastest spreadsheet calculation engine available. All of Excel's financial, date, ...

SpreadsheetGear Updates Microsoft Excel Compatible Spreadsheet Component for Microsoft .NET
November 9, 2005 - SpreadsheetGear for .NET 1.0.9 has been released and a fully functional trial is available for download. New Features• Copy values, formulas and/or formats between cells, worksheets, workbooks and workbook sets.• Consolidate ranges of cells.• Transpose ranges of cells.• Tested with Visual Studio 2005 RTM which was released today by Microsoft.• More… SpreadsheetGear for .NET is a royalty free Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet component for the Microsoft .NET Framework built by industry veterans and featuring a fast and complete Excel compatible calculation engine. Wh...

SpreadsheetGear Releases Update to Microsoft Excel Compatible Spreadsheet Component for .NET
SpreadsheetGear for .NET is a royalty free Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet component featuring a fast and complete Excel compatible calculation engine. SpreadsheetGear for .NET 1.1 enhancements include the ability to easily and efficiently insert a DataTable into an Excel Workbook and automatically fixup all formulas, formats and borders, as well as the ability to insert, delete and clear rows, columns and cells. See the live Excel Reporting, Excel to DataGrid and Excel Calculation samples.  Joe EricksonFounder and CEOwww.spreadsheetgear.com...

Download SpreadsheetGear for .NET 1.0.2 Beta 2, a Royalty Free Microsoft Excel Compatible Spreadsheet Component
SpreadsheetGear for .NET SpreadsheetGear for .NET is a royalty free Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet component built by industry veterans for the Microsoft .NET Framework. SpreadsheetGear for .NET provides .NET Framework developers the tool they need to leverage the existing skills of Excel users by allowing these users to design reports, specify business rules, set up complex calculations and provide tables of data in a form in which they are both knowledgeable and comfortable. SpreadsheetGear for .NET features the fastest spreadsheet calculation engine available. All of E...

What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK
What is the difference between microsoft .net framework and microsoft .net framework SDK. And are the advantages of .net framework sdk over .net framework.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi, the .NET framework is the runtime environment that enables your code to run properly. The SDK is the Software Development Kit which holds code snippets etc for developers to check if it needed (that's my basic interpretation of the SDK). I haven't installed the SDK as I use Visual Studio and the MSDN library...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

when will microsoft release the tranditional-chinese version of .net framework, framework SDK and VS.NET 2005?
I am waiting for them so long time 我要的是繁體中文版 Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com any time-tables from Microsoft? Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com...

SpreadsheetGear Updates Microsoft Excel Compatible Spreadsheet Component
LENEXA, KS, January 9th, 2007 - Today, SpreadsheetGear LLC announced the immediate availability of SpreadsheetGear for .NET 2006 v2.5, a royalty free Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet component built by industry veterans for any Microsoft .NET Framework solution. SpreadsheetGear for .NET 2006 v2.5 features the fastest and most complete Excel compatible calculation engine as well as rich Windows Forms Spreadsheet Controls, giving Microsoft .NET developers the ability to create, read, modify, view, edit, format, calculate, print and write Microsoft Excel workbooks without Excel.   ...

Not Compatible with Microsoft.net Framework
Name: Abhishek Soni Email: abhi_is4uatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Not Compatible with Microsoft.net Framework Comments: This version of firefox is not compatible with Microsoft.net Framework Requested to update the same. Overall its a good experience Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them t...

Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Excel.Web 1.0 Released! Version 1.0 Released on March 10 2005 ...

compatability with Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant
Name: Kevin JL Email: kevin957atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: compatability with Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant Comments: When working with Firefox 3.5 RCI I noticed that Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant is not compatible with Firefox 3.5. I am hoping that such will be fixed when the final version is released. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090615 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you w...

Need freeware .NET Documentation Tool for Microsoft .NET Framework
Got a solution fully documated that needed to be taken out and to attached it to the project spec. Any known good free tool suggestion will help. For VS2003 exists the NDocument tool.For other versions have a look at this: http://www.codeplex.com/Sandcastle Hope this helpsIf this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer. ...

Cross-Platform .NET Development: Using Mono, Portable.NET, and Microsoft .NET
Interesting book I came across: Cross-Platform .NET Development $49.99 doesn't hurt too much either :) NOTE: Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. It's being released on September 30th, 2004 - one to keep an eye on...www.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshotgamer.com - Gaming News and Reviews How about this book from Oreilly? Mono: A Developer's Notebook http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/monoadn/...

Microsoft .Net Framework Assistant 1.0
Name: mostroso Email: cdallastaatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Microsoft .Net Framework Assistant 1.0 - no compatible 3b99 Comments: No hay actualizaciones disponibles. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-AR; rv:1.9.1b99) Gecko/20090605 Firefox/3.5b99 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - SpreadsheetGear Releases Microsoft Excel Compatible Spreadsheet Component for the Microsoft .NET Framework - asp.net.announcements

Informix Wingz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wingz was a spreadsheet program sold by Informix in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Originally developed for the Macintosh , it was later distributed ...

Industries News.Net - Global industry news site
An assembly of 40 individual sites portending news headlines for fifty of the major industries around the globe.