Rebex Secure FTP (FTP over TLS/SSL) for .NET Compact Framework released

Rebex Secure FTP now supports .NET Compact Framework

Rebex Secure FTP component has been extended to support .NET Compact Framework 1.0 and 2.0. Now you can secure your PocketPC/Windows CE file transfers using TLS/SSL. No more plaintext passwords sent over the internet.

The Secure FTP for .NET Compact Framework includes .NET Compact Framework version of Rebex Secure Sockect library (TLS/SSL network socket client library) and Rebex Security (implementation of many security related .NET classes that are missing from some or all versions of .NET and .NET Compact Framework). Classes for working with certificates and accessing certificate stores are also included.

The build for .NET Compact Framework 1.0 includes implementation of algorithms such as AES(Rijndael), DES/3DES, RC2, RSA, DSA, MD5 and SHA-1. Some are wrappers around Crypto API, while others are implemented from scratch. If you plan to develop a security related application for .NET CF and don't have your own implementation yet, you may find these classes useful as well.

For more info, check out http://www.rebex.net/secure-ftp.net/
Prices start at $449 per developer. Full source code available.

0
rebex
4/25/2006 5:19:32 PM
asp.net.announcements 2378 articles. 1 followers. Follow

VB.NET
All, This is probably a much harder question than what should go in the "Getting Started" forum, but I am new and don't know where to put it. Anyways, I am currently developing an FTP class in VB.NET. It's kid tested, mother approved when trying to access an FTP Server on a Windows box meaning I can connect, run commands, upload and download a file no problem. My issues come when I try to use the same class with the same commands to access an FTP server on a UNIX box. I can connect and login just fine, but after that all my commands come back "500 'PWD': command not understood.". This is fo...

Net:FTP, Net::Cmd
I'm using Net::FTp and Net::Cmd modules in a script to completely automate some FTPing stuff. snippet $ftp->put($fileh,"/tmp/test.txt") || die "cant put the file\n"; $ftp->command("chmod","755","test.txt") || die "Cant run quot\n"; $ftp->quit(); I have no luck making the $ftp->command stuff to work. I'm using solaris 5.8 ftp client. Anyway, I can make this work? Native Solaris ftp client/server can not support "quot site" stuff. Am I out of luck?? Please dont offer suggestions to use &...

Net::SSH and Net::FTP?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B7DF.20E3F54A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I would like to use SSH to login to a remote system, then using FTP, upload a file from the remote machine to another machine which will display the data. If I can automate this process, I think I'll be in great shape, tell me does this code seem like it would work for this? >use Net::SSH::Perl;=20 >my $ssh =3D Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); #Logging into the remote = machine >$ssh->login;=20 >my($READ, $WRITE) =3D $ssh-&...

Net::FTP::SSL ?
Hello Perl, I am looking for a Perl module which is used to access FTPd via SSL, Auth TLS. Is there something called Net::FTP::SSL or others? Kelvin Wu wrote: > Hello Perl, Hello, Perl is busy right now, I'm Lee ;p > I am looking for a Perl module which is used to access FTPd via SSL, > Auth TLS. Is there something called Net::FTP::SSL or others? A quick search on search.cpan.org brought this up: http://search.cpan.org/~drolsky/Net-SFTP-0.08/lib/Net/SFTP.pm HTH :) Lee.M - JupiterHost.Net ...

DW.Net for .Net Compact Framework
Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it? Thanks. Harshad No, not at this point. The DataWindow engine is still managed code and hasn't been tweaked for PocketPC. PocketBuilder, however, would let you take those same datawindow objects to that platform. On 15 Nov 2004 10:58:32 -0800, Harshad Rathod wrote: >Would DW.Net work on Pocket PC or other PDAs with .Net >Compact Framework or is there a version planned for it? > >Thanks. >Harshad Sorry for harping on the same string. Since...

automatic FTP not using NET:FTP module
Hi, I have to automate ftp process using perl or shell scripts. At the moment I cannot install NET:FTP class. So any pointers for me on how do this. thanks, vas _______________________________________________________ Send a cool gift with your E-Card http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/ On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 10:20:58AM -0700, srinivas.s@excite.com wrote: > I have to automate ftp process using perl or shell scripts. At the moment I > cannot install NET:FTP class. So any pointers for me on how do this. Why can't you install Net::FTP? Really, it&#...

FTP a file to a FTP server with .NET code
    Hi,I want my web app to be able to upload a user submitted file via FTP to another server.  I'm checking out components and they seem way out of price range for me ($399+)  Isn't there some simple source code in .NET available ?   Or maybe somebody knows a good, reliable, cheaper component ?Any help much appreciatedthanks,mike123 See the Google search results for c# ftp upload, more specifically http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive9.html. RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question   ...

when will microsoft release the tranditional-chinese version of .net framework, framework SDK and VS.NET 2005?
I am waiting for them so long time 我要的是繁體中文版 Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com any time-tables from Microsoft? Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

RE: ftp w/o using Net::FTP
James P Donnelly <jpd4@cisunix.unh.edu> asked: > I am only trying to login into a server, travese to the > correct directory, dump a file and quit. I have hacked > together something that gets me to the server and > then it seems to hang at the login.. Has anyone written > something like > this w/o use of the module? Any insight would be very helpful > > Thanks -- Jim > > > $cmd = 'rftp'; > $rftp_commands = > "open > $fHost > $user > $...

FTP not using NET:FTP module ... Why dose this work???
Hi Using Luke Bakkens reply >If you can't install Net::FTP, the following works with the ftp.exe >program on NT to get the file /tmp/frazzle in binary mode: > >open FTP, "> tmpftp.$$"; >print FTP <<EOF; >$username >$password >bin >get /tmp/frazzle >bye >EOF >close FTP >system "ftp -s:tmpftp.$$ $hostname"; >unlink tmpftp.$$ > >on unix, the system call would be this i believe: >system "ftp $hostname < tmpftp.$$"; > >good luck >Luke I went and did the following, but ...

FTP with .NET
Hi all, In my ASP.NET app, I create a PDF file dynamically. I have to FTP this file to a remote FTP location. Any ideas on how to approach this issue? TIA Use a free .NET FTP component, like this one: http://www.enterprisedt.com/downloads/csftp/csftp.html Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thanks! Appreciate your help. Are there any other free components for FTP in the market that I can compare with? Actually here's a whole list of 'em! http://csharp-source.net/open-source/network-clients These are just the C# ones. ...

Secure FTP using .NET with C#
Is there a way to have a user click on a button on a web page and have the server use secure FTP to FTP a report or other file to a predetermined location. Basically like this: 1)User clicks "Generate Report" 2).NET generates report and saves to a file on web server 3).NET uses secure FTP to send the report to a designated location. I have steps 1 and 2 done. Basically the user should not know that an FTP transfer is in progress - all they know is that they clicked generate report and tha the correct people will be getting the report. Thanks...

Web resources about - Rebex Secure FTP (FTP over TLS/SSL) for .NET Compact Framework released - asp.net.announcements

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks releasing 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo by Shauna Hundeby Gainesville's Frameworks became one of the more promising new bands in the current wave of screamo with ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

A Framework For How Any Company Can Design Amazing Employee Experiences
Over the past few months I've been working on a series of articles all around the employee experience which I define as being a combination of ...

130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US
Read the rest of 130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US