Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service at system boot. Specify application priority, run your program without the need

Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service. You can easily configure Application as Service using its intuitive GUI interface or command line configurator directly from your software. Application as Service features very low CPU usage, custom environment variables, monitoring and detailed logging as well as many other features. You can use Application as Service software to: Launch any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 service at system boot, before user logon; Automatically start applications before and after service; Run your application without the need of a user session; Run executable: 16 bit (Dos, Windows, OS/2), 32 bit, batch files, scripts (VBScript, JScript) as a service; Achieve higher fault tolerance with your software reporting private errors to the event log and automatically restarting on errors; Auto restart application after application termination; Redirect STDIN and STDOUT to file for console application; Specify application priority; Allow multiple processes to run within the same service; Standard input/output automatic redirection to files.

More info: http://www.eltima.com/products/application-as-service/
0
submit
8/2/2004 12:12:20 PM
asp.net.announcements 2378 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Application Launcher NT Service not found to run the application as system User.
Fixed problem on posting below, and now getting the following error:- Could not launch application <Application Name>. Application Launcher NT Service not found to run the application as system User. Again, Netware 6.0 SP3, ZfD 4.01. Can someone please explain why this stupid error is now occurring? Thanks Lenny says... > Again, Netware 6.0 SP3, ZfD 4.01. > > Can someone please explain why this stupid error is now occurring? > looks like you didn't install nalntsrv and are using an application which is configured for unsecured / s...

Problem: Application Launcher NT Service was not found to run the application as system user.
Every time i try to launch an application through the application window on a workstation i get the following error message: Could not launch [application name] (id=number) Problem: Application Launcher NT Service was not found to run the application as system user. does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it? On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:13:38 GMT, bmcguirk@northbaybancorp.com wrote: > does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it? did you install the agent including the nalntsrv? -- Marcus Breiden Please change -- to - to mail me. The content of this mai...

windows service to run only single application in the system
Hi All I want an application which is to be started on system start and only that single application shud run on the particular system. User shud not be able to run any other application. Secondly, then application will run for a fixed interval of time, suppose 1 hr, after that system shud restart on it own. It is very much similar to Internet cafe's software we use for accessing internet for specified interval. I need to use windows service for this, I knw the destination but the path is not very much clear to me. Pls suggest.-Chats  Anybody pls help-Chats  For...

run as a service, not run as an application
How to make a program (PowerPro) to run as a service than run as an application. Your kindest most honest response will be appreciated. ------ PIII / 1Ghz / 384mb ram / WinXP Pro Sp2 / AntiVir / Kerio 4.2.1 / Ad-aware / Spybot / a-squared / Spyware Doctor / Proxomitron / A4Proxy "John Abraham" <Nobodyknowsabcdef@unknown.com> wrote: > How to make a program (PowerPro) to run as a service than run as an > application. Use the MS utility srvany.exe, MS info here: How To Create a User-Defined Service http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q137890/ G...

Run VCL Application as Service or as Application with Forms
Hi, I have an existing VCL application based, comprising of serveral forms, timers and worker threads. Now I've been asked to make it possible to have the program be started/executed as a service as well (e.g. before the first user logs on, without the ability to show any forms of course). The application is based on VCL, having TFoms, TThreads and TTimers. I have also once written a system service based on the TService base class, which worked OK. Unfortunately as it's not possible to have the main form derive form TForm and TService at the same time I have no idea what it wo...

How to get Application EXE folder when Application is runned as a service?
Hi when trying to get Application.exe folder it returns an empty string or windows\system32 folder name instead of the current exe path, al also troed using GetModuleName API (as when working with DLLs) function but this results the same thing. fFullFileName:= GetModuleName(HInstance); - it works fine for service and ISAPI. > {quote:title=Francisco Armando Dueñas Rodriguez wrote:}{quote} > Hi when trying to get Application.exe folder it returns an empty string or windows\system32 folder name instead of the current exe path, al also troed using > GetModuleName API (as when...

VB.Net
Hi guys, hoping that you may be able to help me on this one. Is there anyway I can run a Console Application, from a button click (or similar) within my windows application. I am using VB.Net in Visual Studio 2005. Any help would be great. ThanksPhil This is an ASP.NET forum. For better responses refer to the winforms forum at MSDN http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1What you can do is launch a process that targets the executable file for the console application.  Hey, thanks for getting back to me - I am going to try calling in a batch file to run the con...

Novell authentication from Windows XP application running as service
Hopefully someone can help with this request. We are running a homegrown applications on a Windows XP box as a service. The application basically tries to map a drive letter to a Novell volume, and copies over files. The problem is, the service fails to start with an access denied error to the Novell volume. However, if I run the application - by simply clicking on the .exe it works fine. I feel something is wrong with my pass-through authentication somewhere, somehow. For example, when I map a Novell volume to a windows drive letter, the Novell client pops up and requests a u...

Need help in Running Excel application without Office Installed in System
 Hi all, I have to run one XL Tool even the system does not having office installed.Having the dll like Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll.  For that, i have uninstalled the office from my machine and downloaded the Office XP PIAs from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=c41bd61e-3060-4f71-a6b4-01feba508e52&displayLang=en   Through this, got the exe(application name is oxppia) and run it.while running, it is asking the path to install.I selected the application path(under debug folder).All dlls are installed in the Debug folder.then i...

How to get English PowerBuilder Application to run on French Windows XP Operating System?
Can anyone please tell me how to get a PB 8 Application to run correctly on Windows XP French? The application is English, but the requirement in Quebec calls for a French Operating System. The application will be used by Bilingual Agents so it's not necessary to create a 'french' version of the application. The problem is with date and numeric data. Currency values in English of 42.95 display at 42950000, etc. There are other formatting issues as well. Tried changing the Regional Settings, but that had no effect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. If c...

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

Opening a window from a running application on another application
Hi! An answer would be appreciated... * Is there another way to open the windows that belongs to different application (executables/DLLs) other than executing a DDE call from a calling executable (by having the launch pad executable serve as the "client" and the executable of the different applications being the "server" to establish the DDE communication so that windows that is contained within the executable's DLLs would be opened) ? * Someone suggested of having an OLE... How does it work if lets say I'm gonna opening a window from a running application on a...

How does a web application run a local windows application ?
Hello, I have a requriement that a web app. could run a local windows application. For example, when you click a menuitem in a web app. it will fire a local application like notepad or caculator.Which class should I use?thanks, Isn't this a security problem? Most browsers won't let you do it, anyway. Even IE7 won't let you do this. You might be able to do it useing activex controls, but then again why. If you need the user to run an apllication, just tell them. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDiagnosticsProcessClassTopic.asp.&nb...

Can I deploy a PPB application to "plain" Windows CE (v 3.0, .NET 4.x) devices or I need a Pocket PC (2002, 2003) operating system version?
It's officially certified under PocketPC. Some folks have luck under Windows CE, but it's not supported there. On 14 Jun 2004 09:33:24 -0700, "kibokochui" <kibokochui@hotmail.com> wrote: > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange: http://www.codexchange.sybase.com ISUG Enhancement Requests http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use wor...

Web resources about - Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service at system boot. Specify application priority, run your program without the need - asp.net.announcements

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 4:52:47 PM