AND+FTP - ASP.NET FTP Deployment Tool Release

This tool is designed specifically to deploy ASP.NET Visual Studio projects from a local workstation to a remote server using FTP. The same options to copy files offered from within Visual Studio using FrontPage extensions or File share are also available with this tool. Like Visual Studio, you can choose to deploy only files needed to run the application, all files in the project, or all files in the project's folders. Timestamps of previously deployed files are used to determine exactly which files in the project need to be deployed. This is a .NET WinForms application that uses a traditional dual-pane treeview similar to that found in many FTP client tools.

A fully functional 30 day EVALUATION download is available on the site. The single user license can also be purchased on the site at the special introductory price of only $28.
Downloads and further information is available at:
www.DotNetFTP.com

Steve Sharrock

Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

SharkCode.com

AspAlliance Columnist

0
shark
2/11/2004 9:32:19 PM
asp.net.announcements 2378 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Link Doesn't work.  Needs to be updated.
DeLeon English
Plano, Texas
USA
0
figher1
2/22/2004 9:18:37 PM
I've really got to start watching those domain renewal notices closer!!!

In the mean time, you can get there using:
www.SharkCode.com/ANF

Thanks.
Steve Sharrock

Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

SharkCode.com

AspAlliance Columnist

0
shark
2/23/2004 3:13:25 PM
All's well that ends well. The site is back at:

www.DotNetFTP.com

Steve Sharrock

Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

SharkCode.com

AspAlliance Columnist

0
shark

VB.NET
All, This is probably a much harder question than what should go in the "Getting Started" forum, but I am new and don't know where to put it. Anyways, I am currently developing an FTP class in VB.NET. It's kid tested, mother approved when trying to access an FTP Server on a Windows box meaning I can connect, run commands, upload and download a file no problem. My issues come when I try to use the same class with the same commands to access an FTP server on a UNIX box. I can connect and login just fine, but after that all my commands come back "500 'PWD': command not understood.". This is fo...

Net::SSH and Net::FTP?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B7DF.20E3F54A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I would like to use SSH to login to a remote system, then using FTP, upload a file from the remote machine to another machine which will display the data. If I can automate this process, I think I'll be in great shape, tell me does this code seem like it would work for this? >use Net::SSH::Perl;=20 >my $ssh =3D Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); #Logging into the remote = machine >$ssh->login;=20 >my($READ, $WRITE) =3D $ssh-&...

Net:FTP, Net::Cmd
I'm using Net::FTp and Net::Cmd modules in a script to completely automate some FTPing stuff. snippet $ftp->put($fileh,"/tmp/test.txt") || die "cant put the file\n"; $ftp->command("chmod","755","test.txt") || die "Cant run quot\n"; $ftp->quit(); I have no luck making the $ftp->command stuff to work. I'm using solaris 5.8 ftp client. Anyway, I can make this work? Native Solaris ftp client/server can not support "quot site" stuff. Am I out of luck?? Please dont offer suggestions to use &...

Rebex Secure FTP (FTP over TLS/SSL) for .NET Compact Framework released
Rebex Secure FTP now supports .NET Compact Framework   Rebex Secure FTP component has been extended to support .NET Compact Framework 1.0 and 2.0. Now you can secure your PocketPC/Windows CE file transfers using TLS/SSL. No more plaintext passwords sent over the internet. The Secure FTP for .NET Compact Framework includes .NET Compact Framework version of Rebex Secure Sockect library (TLS/SSL network socket client library) and Rebex Security (implementation of many security related .NET classes that are missing from some or all versions of .NET and .NET Compact Framewor...

automatic FTP not using NET:FTP module
Hi, I have to automate ftp process using perl or shell scripts. At the moment I cannot install NET:FTP class. So any pointers for me on how do this. thanks, vas _______________________________________________________ Send a cool gift with your E-Card http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/ On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 10:20:58AM -0700, srinivas.s@excite.com wrote: > I have to automate ftp process using perl or shell scripts. At the moment I > cannot install NET:FTP class. So any pointers for me on how do this. Why can't you install Net::FTP? Really, it&#...

FTP a file to a FTP server with .NET code
    Hi,I want my web app to be able to upload a user submitted file via FTP to another server.  I'm checking out components and they seem way out of price range for me ($399+)  Isn't there some simple source code in .NET available ?   Or maybe somebody knows a good, reliable, cheaper component ?Any help much appreciatedthanks,mike123 See the Google search results for c# ftp upload, more specifically http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive9.html. RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question   ...

FTP not using NET:FTP module ... Why dose this work???
Hi Using Luke Bakkens reply >If you can't install Net::FTP, the following works with the ftp.exe >program on NT to get the file /tmp/frazzle in binary mode: > >open FTP, "> tmpftp.$$"; >print FTP <<EOF; >$username >$password >bin >get /tmp/frazzle >bye >EOF >close FTP >system "ftp -s:tmpftp.$$ $hostname"; >unlink tmpftp.$$ > >on unix, the system call would be this i believe: >system "ftp $hostname < tmpftp.$$"; > >good luck >Luke I went and did the following, but ...

RE: ftp w/o using Net::FTP
James P Donnelly <jpd4@cisunix.unh.edu> asked: > I am only trying to login into a server, travese to the > correct directory, dump a file and quit. I have hacked > together something that gets me to the server and > then it seems to hang at the login.. Has anyone written > something like > this w/o use of the module? Any insight would be very helpful > > Thanks -- Jim > > > $cmd = 'rftp'; > $rftp_commands = > "open > $fHost > $user > $...

Net::FTP
------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C34691.35155AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use CGI::Carp 'fatalsToBrowser'; use CGI qw/:standard/; use Net::FTP; my $ftp =3D Net::FTP->new("ftp.yourserver.com", Debug =3D> 0) or die "Cannot connect to some.host.name: $@"; $ftp->login("username",'password') or die "Cannot login ", $ftp->message; $ftp->cwd("/") or die "Cannot change work...

NET::FTP
------_=_NextPart_001_01C65844.732C8C38 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, =20 I dont know whether this is a correct forum for asking this or not. But still if anybody can help me , its great. =20 We are having some perl scripts which are pulling data from a FTP Server .. We have a coonection through a NAT IP. Simultaneously , five or six scripts runs and fetch data from the same server. =20 Sometimes we got files successfully while sometimes we are getting error : =20 UNEXPECTED EOF FILE ON COMMAND CHANNEL. =20 ...

FTP and .NET
I need to connect to a FTP server, look for the existence of a particular zip file, unzip it and FTP it to a different server, execute a DTS package. I plan to write a Windows app for this. Is it possible to do FTP with .NET (with or without external componenets) and is it possible to do the functions that I outlined?Thank you in advance. Well heres an article on ftp in .net. Might help. As to unzipping a file I am unaware of an ftp command to do this and at the end of the day unzipping a file on the ftp server would depend on the abilities of ftp, not .net. You may need to download it to ...

Net::FTP
I am using the Net::FTP module in Perl to automate transferring datafiles between one of my Unix servers and a mainframe. I have the connection going and in general, can transfer files without problems. However, I've been told that as part of the file transfer, I have to issue a mainframe specific command (there is no method in Net::FTP that corresponds with this command). The command I need to issue is "quote site lrecl=827 recfm=fb blksize=27291 cylinder primary=1 secondary=1". I have tried to use the "quot" method. It goes something like this $ftp-...

FTP to FTP
Lately I've been seeing scans show up of a port 21 trying to connect to my port 21 (I am not, BTW, running an FTP server). Is this just someone trying to use my IP as the middleman in an FTP bounce attack, assuming my port 21 had been open and with a writeable FTP directory? http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-1997-27.html ...

how to deploy the .net project through ftp -- urgent
Hi All, I have developed a personnel site in c#.net . I have registered the domain and 100MB web space through a hosting company. They have given me aceess to ftp only. I know only two methods of deployment in .net : 1)  running the msi of the project 2) using the 'copy project' option. I can't go for first option as I can't execute a setup file from ftp. And I am unable to use second option as it needs one virtual directory created on the server. The hosting company is not giving me enough support. Is there any way so that I can deploy the project only by using ftp. ...

FTP with .NET
Hi all, In my ASP.NET app, I create a PDF file dynamically. I have to FTP this file to a remote FTP location. Any ideas on how to approach this issue? TIA Use a free .NET FTP component, like this one: http://www.enterprisedt.com/downloads/csftp/csftp.html Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thanks! Appreciate your help. Are there any other free components for FTP in the market that I can compare with? Actually here's a whole list of 'em! http://csharp-source.net/open-source/network-clients These are just the C# ones. ...

Web resources about - AND+FTP - ASP.NET FTP Deployment Tool Release - asp.net.announcements

Deployment diagram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To describe a web site, for example, a deployment diagram would show what hardware components ("nodes") exist (e.g., a web server, an application ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

The Current State of SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
A lot of sensitive data is sent over email, so we encrypt emails in transit via STARTTLS when available. STARTTLS has been around for 15 years, ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

Motive Security Guardian (formerly Kindsight Security) now supporting virtualized deployments - YouTube ...
Patrick Tan, General Manager of Network Intelligence at Alcatel-Lucent, discusses enhancements to the Motive Security Guardian – a cloud based, ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop: Military deployments and peacekeeping to count as foreign aid
Australia will begin to count the costs of its military and police deployments in humanitarian disasters and UN peacekeeping operations as part ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...