.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services

Hello Everyone,

I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.

You can view reports in two different styles:
-- Drop down

--Tree View

And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.

This is an independent module and can be easily plugged into any ASP.NET 2.0 application using SQL Server and Reporting Services.

Just thought to post it here, Summary information about this module is located on my Blog at http://vishwamohan.blogspot.com

Thank You

Vishwa

My Web Site and Blog
0
vishwa
10/13/2006 3:17:31 AM
asp.net.announcements 2378 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Build Timlenie Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 Report Builder 2.0 or VS Inteligent 2008
 Hi, I have just started using SQL Server Reporting Services (SQL Server 2008). I've build my first reports in Report Builder 2.0 and in VS 2008. I need to build reports with timelines. So I have to execute evry second (or minute) sql query to check and calculate the value.Do you have an idea how to do this?OR if you can send some links to a good tutorials :) I will apprisiate.Thanks Please Mark as Answer if it helps you in solving your problem. Do you have the time data in your database  or u just have the start time and end time?  If i have exsact time :) then buildi...

Using .Net 2.0 and System.Web.UI.WebControls.Treeview with SQL Reporting Services 2005 for navigation and display.
I spent several hours sifting through article after article about how to build tree navigations dynamically.  They assumed that the order of the data coming in was 'orderly' and that you were usually using the IE Web Control toolkit which is a .Net 1.0 package.  In our environment 2.0+, that would not work for us and we needed to ensure browser compatibility.  Thanks to a colleagues suggestion of recursion, I came up with the following code below.  It's length is due to all the detailed commenting.  Feel free to comment on it, any positives or...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

SQL Server Reporting Services / VS 2008 intelligence / Report Builder 2.0 Video Tutorails
Hi, If some of you know some good video tutorials for building reports in VS 2008 intelligence / Report Builder 2.0 , please share.thanks Please Mark as Answer if it helps you in solving your problem. Hi Ace i have some tutorials that i think u could use :)   Hi, Please check the following links. Report Builder 2.0: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd239338.aspx Microsoft Reports: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb885185.aspx Video: http://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/SearchDisplay.aspx?culture=en-US#culture=en-US;sortKey=;sortOrder=;pageEvent=false;hdnIni...

Crystal report not showing in web in windows server 2003 with CR 2008 using .Net 2.0 framework installed.
we have Crystal Report 2008 Full product  installed in Windows XP professional SP2 and visual studio 2005 in the development system.We are able to see crystal report thru the Crystal Report Viewer in web.   For deployment when we have installed CR 2008 in Windows 2003 server standard edition and it has also .Net 2.0 Framework(no visual studio 2005 installed in it).But not showing  the report thru CR viewer.   Can any one help  that do I need to install anything more in the server.My guess is CR viewer is unable to show the crystal report.Although i...

View report from the crystal report server using .NET
Hi,I am first time dealing with crystal report and I having problem with it. I need to use asp.net to link to the crystal report server and view the report, but don't know how? Is there a way to do that? or is there any better way to using .net and view report from the crystal report server?Thanks....

Report Features NOT using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hi, I have a web app that is using rdlc reporting that needs some refinement.  The research I've done on the improvements I'd like to make indicates that they can be done with SQL Server Reporting Services; however, I don't have a license for SQL Server and would like not to have to purchase one if I can do what needs to be done without it.  I'd like to know if it is POSSIBLE in rdlc reporting to do 2 things, and if so, how to approach a solution: 1. I would like to export a version of the report to a file location on a routine basis (say once a day). 2. T...

Create module using .NET ver 2.0 and use with DNN 2.1.2
Hi all, i would like to start to test the .NET 2.0 version of the framework ad i would like to know is there some problem if i write a module with the 2.0 version of .NET and use with DNN 2.1.2. Thanks Stefano...

.Net 2 web app and Reporting Services (both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005)... Can it be done?
My setup:.Net 2 web app running in [localhost] with AJAX extensions.  2 virtual web folders Reports and ReportServer for Reporting Services in SQL 2000.  I understand that RS (Reporting Services) for SQL 2000 only runs in .Net Framework 1.1, so I have set both Reports and ReportServer to run in a different application pool [ASP.NET 1.1] and set their .net Framework to 1.1.  But when I try to load a report through our app or try to load the Reports folder it reports and error in the web.config of our web app in localhost.  The error in the web.config is something specific ...

Web resources about - .NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services - asp.net.announcements

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United Nations Correspondents Association Recognizes Outstanding International Reporting
As is the case each year, the list of winners honored this month by the United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) is impressive. Benedict ...

How Apple might avoid reporting a decline in iPhone sales
The crucial number in Apple's next quarterly earnings call, for Q1 in fiscal year 2016, is 74,468,000. That is the number of iPhone unit sales ...

Reporting Mischaracterizes Clayton Homes’ Treatment of Customers and Employees
Clayton Homes offers homes and financing to all Americans regardless of their race, socioeconomic status, or background.

New technology offers on-field head injury reporting
Experts hope system will help get student athletes the speedy treatment they need after head injuries such as concussions

Ford changes pension reporting
Ford said it will restate its financial results since 2011 and show a $1.5 billion rise in 2015 pretax profit as it changes its pension reporting. ...

Apple investigating iPhone 6s models not correctly reporting battery life
If you have an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus that’s not properly showing how much battery you have left, there’s good news and bad news. Bad news ...

ObamaCare Reporting Deadline Pushed Back For Employers
The agencies say most taxpayers won't be affected by the extension

Coaches, A.D. At Tennessee HS Charged For Not Reporting Sexual Assault In Hazing Incident
Criminal charges have been brought against the basketball coach, assistant coach, and athletic director at the Tennessee high school where three ...

California fines Uber $7.6 million for not reporting driver data
Uber was hit with a $7.6 million fine on Thursday after the California Public Utilities Commission found that the company failed to provide proper ...