Using the CascadingDropDown with a Database - trying to get the example to work

Hi

I am very new to this, and I am trying to work through the example given on this website:

 http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/Walkthrough/CCDWithDB.aspx

I got 12 errors when I tried to run it:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'CarsTableAdapters' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 30 9 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'CarsTableAdapters' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 31 15 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'Cars' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 32 9 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 4 foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'Cars.MakeDataTable' because 'Cars.MakeDataTable' does not contain a public definition for 'GetEnumerator' C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 35 9 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 5 The type or namespace name 'CarsTableAdapters' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 58 9 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 6 The type or namespace name 'CarsTableAdapters' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 59 15 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 7 The type or namespace name 'Cars' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 60 9 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 8 foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'Cars.ModelDataTable' because 'Cars.ModelDataTable' does not contain a public definition for 'GetEnumerator' C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 64 9 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 9 The type or namespace name 'CarsTableAdapters' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 86 9 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 10 The type or namespace name 'CarsTableAdapters' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 87 15 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 11 The type or namespace name 'Cars' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 88 9 C:\...\DDLists\

Error 12 foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'Cars.ColorDataTable' because 'Cars.ColorDataTable' does not contain a public definition for 'GetEnumerator' C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP.CIOSLTD.000\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\DDLists\App_Code\CarsService.cs 92 9 C:\...\DDLists\

Obviously, the example is incomplete. Where is the rest of it?

 Stapes

0
stapes

This example supposes that you have built your own Business Object Logic and Data Access Layer library that gets the data from the database, please read the "Introduction" section of the following tutorials before you start: http://www.asp.net/Learn/data-access/

Bashar Kokash, Blog
0
BasharKokash
5/19/2008 9:31:32 AM

I found a much better lesson here:

http://aspalliance.com/1183_Creating_a_CascadingDropDown_Using_AJAX.1

This one actually shows you how to link it with a database, which the former purports to but doesn't.

Stapes

0
stapes

Getting mail to work using Net::SMTP
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C507CB.3E975DB0 Content-Type: text/plain Hello Bugzilla Perl Gurus! I've modified the BugMail.pm to use Net::SMTP as per the instructions found at: http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.18/html/os-specific.html When I try to run Bugzilla I receive the following error: CGI Error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are: Global symbol &qu...

Any examples about using Object Database with ADO.NET(c#)
Can I have any examples source codes about using Object Database with ADO.NET(c#) Is this a particular db or Object DB vs Relation DB? If the latter here is one link I found <a href = "http://www.informit.com/content/index.asp?product_id=%7BA2B9405F-6B83-4474-B034-BC613B68EB1B%7D">http://www.informit.com/content/index.asp?product_id=%7BA2B9405F-6B83-4474-B034-BC613B68EB1B%7D</a>. You might want to also check the threads on the Architecture forum on O/R mappers like Entity Broker, Norpheme etc. HTHEric LandesMADNUG President http://www.madnug.netCrystal Alliance Edit...

Get tables and fields from Informix database using VB.NET 2005
Hi, I'm relatively new to VB.NET 2005 Express, and I've managed to connect to an Informix database to display the contents of a specific table in a DataGridView. What I am struggling with is getting the table and fields names from the database, and putting the information into a TreeView so that the user can select the table in the tree, and update the grid with that selected table - but I can't seem to get it to collect the schema information. Ideally, I'd like to have the first node on the tree as the database name, followed by nodes for the table name, and the...

Optimize your work on database synchronization using Database Restyle.
Perpetuum Software LLC announces the official release of Database Restyle 1.0. The product enables the developers to synchronize database structure in a simple, controlled, flexible and frequent manner.Database Restyle offers new approach to database synchronization. It is not an application, but the component which is integrated directly into your program. Thus, the use of the product doesn’t require installation of additional software on the client side and helps you decrease costs and time needed for database release.You can synchronize your database not only with other database, but also...

Using CascadingDropDown with a Database
I am trying to get the sample working. but failed. Can anyone help me find what I did wrong for my database schema? Thanks! Here is my database schema: SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[Makes]') AND type in (N'U')) BEGIN CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Makes]( [MakeId] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Make] [varchar](50) NULL, [MakeValue] [varchar](50) NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_Make] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [MakeId] ASC )WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY] END GO...

EXAMPLE: Checking Service Status using ServiceProcessController and NET USE
I lost several days this week trying to figure out how, using .NET for WinForms in D2006, to *check the status of a Service* running on a remote machine on our internal network. Initially, I tried to use the EnumServicesStatus Windows API; but, not having much luck with this via .NET, I posted a question to this forum (https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=4477&tstart=15) and the honorable David Clegg pointed me in the right direction: *System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController*. (There are ex cellent examples of working with System.ServiceProcess in a demo project David wrote...

Using the database example
Hi all, I am new to SQL anywhere, and what to make my first database working on WindowsCE. So first, I just want to use the asademo.db file. So I started the server with next command line : dbsrv9.exe -n dbsrv "\Storage Card\ASA9\asademo.db". The server starts, and I get next message : Database cannot be started -- "\Storage Card\ASA9\asademo.db" : unable to open transaction log. If I have a look in the current directory, I can see that a asademo.log has been created (there was no .log before), and is not empty. So why this error message ? How can I do to r...

Using CascadingDropDown with a Database
In refering this article can I access HTTP context in webservice method? http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/Walkthrough/CCDWithDB.aspx I have need to use cascaded dropdowns but values in all of these dropdown depends on User ID present in ServerVariables. Can I access server variable from callback webservices? Sure you can! The WebService class has a Context property. If you are accessing the context outside of the class then you can use HttpContext.Current...

Getting USING to work
Hi, When I set to time 'Inline::C::ParseRegExp', I enccountered some problems= =2E=20 I got compilation problems that I traced to the fact that no code was=20 there to compile!!! I rooted a bit in Inline::Flex and Inline::C::ParseRegExp to discover tha= t=20 Inline::C::ParseRegExp uses $self->{ILSM}{code} while Inline::Flex used=20 $self->{API}{code}. I have nothing against using ILSM but If I don't use=20 'USING' and have the code in $self->{API}{code}, it' works fine. Now, suppose I move the code to $self->{ILSM}{code} then have a 'USI...

Using database for .NET
Hi there!! I use SQL server for my web application and i know that i can use access. But i want to know, Is it possible to use any kind of database system to connect using .NET or there is some that i can not use like open source ones. Please reply, Thank you !!!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchising.com Hi, Rather than a list of databases which don't work, how about you asking if the one you need to use is supported! A.Anthony Mason MCSD Hi !! Thank you for your reply.At the moment there is nothing in my mind to use or not but ...

How to transfer a GUID created using vb.net into a SQL database using a stored procedure
I am able to create a guid using: Public Function GetGUID() As String ' Returns a new GUID Return System.Guid.NewGuid.ToString End Function however when I try to add this to a parameter using the following: Me.cmdSpAddOptions.Parameters("@QuoteDetailID").Value = GetGUID() I get an error, I have also tried this: Dim uidQuoteDetail As String = GetGUID() Dim myuid = New System.Guid(uidQuoteDetail) Me.cmdSpAddOptions.Parameters("@QuoteDetailID").Value = myuid but get the error "Object must implement IConvertible" A...

Using profiles
Hi All This might be long with all the bits I have to add. At Home I am useing Vista with SQL Express and SQL Developers server and Visual Studio 2008 (full product) I have a web site which i want to run on a windows server. I t all works fine on my machine at home which is set up to mirroe the physical path of the server. When I upload the site with the profiles included I get an error message headed A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct...

Web resources about - Using the CascadingDropDown with a Database - trying to get the example to work - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

CSTruter :: Articles
CS Trüter Homepage of Christoff Trüter Home Blog Articles Downloads About me Contact me Top 5 posts Moving items between listboxes in ASP.net/PHP ...

jQuery Cascading Dropdown Plugin Examples
$('#example1').cascadingDropdown({ selectBoxes: [ { selector: '.step1' }, { selector: '.step2', requires: ['.step1'] }, { selector: '.step3', ...

BubbleChart Sample
... AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart Calendar CascadingDropDown ...

AreaChart Sample
... AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart Calendar CascadingDropDown ...

ListSearch Sample
... AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart Calendar CascadingDropDown ...

DropDown Sample
... AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart Calendar CascadingDropDown ...

AsyncFileUpload Sample
... AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart Calendar CascadingDropDown ...

CascadingDropDown Sample
CascadingDropDown is an ASP.NET AJAX extender that can be attached to an ASP.NET DropDownList control to get automatic population of a set of ...

Ajax Control Toolkit Tutorials - ASP.NET Ajax Library
ASP.NET Home Get Started Learn WEB APPLICATIONS Web Forms MVC Web Pages/Razor Mobile Single Page Apps Common ASP.NET Features WEB SERVICES / ...

LineChart Sample