Use Ajax Control Toolkit without .NET?

Hello,

 I couldn't find any (good) documentation about the Ajax Control Toolkit and would like to know if it can also be used independently of the .Net framework, e.g. with php or java on the server.

 thanks, luke

0
luke83

Hey,

No, it requires the ASP.NET AJAX extensions, which has to use .NET.  You may be able to find a port for Mono; don't know anything about that.

Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains

How Do I Use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit In Visual Studio 2008 When Targetting .NET 2.0 Framework?
I have recently converted a lot of Visual Studio 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1 projects to Visual Studio 2008 / .NET Framework 2.0.  I want to be able to use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit under Visual Studio 2008 while we target the .NET 2.0 Framework.  Unfortunately, we cannot target .NET Framework 3.5 because we need Windows 2003 Server for that and we only have Windows 2000.  I do not want to use Visual Studio 2005 either.  Is it possible to do what I want given these conditions?You can't stop entropy so why even try? The simple answer is yes.  What pr...

How to use Google Ajax Toolkit and Yahoo Ajax Toolkit in .Net 2.0
This is Ramesh,I know how work with MicroSoft  Ajax Toolkit, But i need : how to work with google and yahoo Ajax Toolkit's in .Net 2.0Is there any way to work  with google and yahoo Ajax Toolkit's in .Net 2.0 ?Please help any body as soon as,  Please Please Help me with in short time Thank youRamesh    Ramesh.M...

ajax.net controls used in custom composite controls?
I am creating an events calendar that uses the accordion to display the events for the selected day.  The problem I'm having is that the accordion is not responding to any client side events.  I would really like to find a good "How to" article for building composite controls that incorporate an ajax.net control like the accordion....

Using AJAX controls .NET 2.0
I download the new AJAX extention and Tool Kit.  I created a AJAX enable Web site and when I run it using Studio 2005, I have no problems, but when I publish to a remote server and try to run it again I get the following error: Only when I run it using Studio 2005 (http://localhost:49573/Default.aspx) runs fine.  DO I NEED TO INSTALL AJAX extention on the Server?  I was told by the server team that it wasn't requred. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the s...

Using ajax.net with standard html controls
Is there a way to implement ajax.net with normal html controls. I have a content editor wherein i create links to other content saved in the db. Ajax.net works fine if eg i create a asp.net control and link it to an update panel. but how would i go about doing the same thing using normal html controls?Thanks  you can implement ajax with normal html controls without using update panel or all that things using XMLHttpRequest. or Ajax.Dll  1. using XmlHttpRequest you can mak request asynchronously to the server and update the content of your page using javascript with the response ...

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tell...

Page and Control Flashing Using AJAX Control Toolkit Controls
Page and Control Flashing Using AJAX Control Toolkit Controls I'm using IE7 and the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit.  I'm using two controls -- Accordion and CollapsiblePanelExtender.  I'm actually using 2 CollapsiblePanelExtenders, and the Accordion control is inside one of the panels for the CollapsiblePanelExtender (see the code below). The problem I'm seeing is that when I click an Accordion pane to open/close it or click the CollapsiblePanelExtender panel to open/close the panels, the controls and page flash while the animation is in progess.  Everything el...

How to use 1 ajax control from toolkit without the dll?
I only need to use the slider control of the toolkit.  What is required to get this running in the App_Code folder without using the bin directory? Slider (like many other controls in the toolkit) uses web resources which cannot be used from the assembly generated dynamically from App_Code, it would require separate project (and dll) of itself. Other than that, it's just the .cs files which Slider uses and those cs files which contain classes Slider references (derived, uses etc). It could also work if you'd use web application priject model (though not in VWD)Thanks,Teemu Keiski...

Using AJAX toolkit with .NET Framework 3.5
I had a problem getting AJAX Control Toolkit to Work with .NET Framework 3.5 in IIS 7. It showed up in the C# CodeBehind under the namespace {AjaxControlToolkit} because it was globalized by the bin, but as far as using it in the XHTML Markup or even adding it from the CodeBehind where it is listed caused an error. Note: im Using VWD 2008, C#, and .NET 3.5 the Problem was i was using the old version of the Ajax Control toolkit. below is the link to the new version and and shortcut to the how to video. ASP.NET AJAX Support in Visual Studio 2008: http://download.mi...

AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET Framework 1.1
Hi Everyone, Is there an available AJAX Control Toolkit for .NET Framework 1.1? I went across AJAX Control Toolkit site and it seems .NET Framework 2.0 is the oldest framework they are supporting. Thanks in advance for the help.   Hi,  You can try Anthem.NET to AJAX enable your ASP.NET 1.1 . Check http://sourceforge.net/projects/anthem-dot-net Regards,JK Hi,You can also refer to this thread: http://forums.asp.net/t/1221833.aspxBest regards,Zhi-Qiang NiMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unm...

Cross-Platform .NET Development: Using Mono, Portable.NET, and Microsoft .NET
Interesting book I came across: Cross-Platform .NET Development $49.99 doesn't hurt too much either :) NOTE: Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. It's being released on September 30th, 2004 - one to keep an eye on...www.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshotgamer.com - Gaming News and Reviews How about this book from Oreilly? Mono: A Developer's Notebook http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/monoadn/...

Web resources about - Use Ajax Control Toolkit without .NET? - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Out-of-control car hits Ballajura pedestrians and puts four teens in hospital
Four teenagers were injured in Ballajura on Saturday night when an out-of-control car careered into them.

Is Hillary Clinton sorry she reacted to the San Bernardino massacre with a call for more gun control ...
... "Gun safety" has traditionally meant handling your guns safely, but now it's supposed to mean what has more commonly been called "gun control." ...

Obama renews call for gun control after mass shooting
In wake of San Bernardino attack, president, Republicans float their solutions to combat terror threats

EU could soon have border controls
EU ministers have agreed to press ahead with plans to suspend the Schengen passport-free travel zone, the FT reports.

CNN's Smerconish Brings On GOP Ratf*er Karl Rove To Opine Over Partisan Divide On Gun Control
... was time to pray. The New York Daily News ran a controversial cover noting that God wouldn't fix this. Democrats again made calls for gun control. ...

Attorney General Says Obama Could Call For Congressional Action For More Gun Control
Attorney General Says Obama Could Call For Congressional Action For More Gun Control

Open thread for night owls: First U.S. birth control clinic lasted just 10 days before being raided
... Parenthood Only Lasted for 10 Days but Started a Revolution . An excerpt: During her time in Europe, Sanger had seen Norwegian birth control ...

San Bernardino Shooting: National Rifle Association rubbishes Obama's gun-control appeal
San Bernardino Shooting: National Rifle Association rubbishes Obama's gun-control appeal - Hitting out at Barack Obama for politicising the incident, ...

Facebook Gives Users More Control Over Viral Content In News Feed
Facebook is updating its algorithm to give users more control over how high viral content appears in their News Feed.