TargetControlID of AJAX Calendar Control cannot be found when in an AJAX tab control

Hello,

I have a caledar control tied to a text box within a tab panel control as below.

   <cc1:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server" Width="100%">

   <cc1:TabPanel ID="TabPanel4" runat="server" HeaderText="Class Details">

<ContentTemplate >

                <asp:HyperLink ID="hlSurveyResponse" runat="server" Width="203px">Survey Response</asp:HyperLink></td>
                Class</td>
                <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlClass" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">
                </asp:DropDownList></td>
                SRV Code</td>
                <asp:Label ID="lblSRVCode" runat="server" Width="208px"></asp:Label></td>
                Duration</td>
                <asp:TextBox ID="txtDuration" runat="server" MaxLength="2" Width="15px" ></asp:TextBox>
                Days</td>
                Start Date</td>
                <asp:TextBox ID="txtStartDate" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                <cc1:CalendarExtender  OnClientDateSelectionChanged="hideCalendar" ID="calStartDate" runat="server"  Format="dd MMM yyyy" TargetControlID="txtStartDate">
                            </cc1:CalendarExtender>

  On selecting the calendar date I receive following javascript error:

aspnetForm.ctl00.ContentPlaceholder1.txtStartDate.value is null or not an object.

 If I take the txtStartDate control out of the tab panel, everything is golden.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paresh.

Paresh
0
Paresh

My bad.

I had a Javascript written on the page which looked at the control and set value of another control.

Had to modify the javascript to change the control name.

Now all set.

Thanks,

Paresh.

Paresh
0
Paresh

How do we customize Ajax calendar Control and Ajax Tabbed Panel?
Hi FriendsAm confronting with a very trivial issue of customizing the tabbed panel and the Calendar controls of the Ajax control toolkit. Can anyone give me some ideas of how to customize these as I tried changing the CSS and setting the new css, but all in vain.can anyone help me out with this issue?Thanks Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai I tried my own idea. Thanks everyone.Karthik MuthuswamyProgrammer AnalystChennai...

The Tabs control in the AJAX Control Toolkit behaves like a regular postback control

AJAX Control Toolkit Tabs Control...
I have a tab control where I would like make the height of the control 100%. Can someone give me an example or provide me with direction on how to accomplish this...   Thanks... Hi there, In the TabContainer properties you can specify hight. Not sure about percentage though! <Ajax:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server" ActiveTabIndex="0" Height="300px"> Hope that answers your questionKind regardsMikael Thanks but, I was already aware that there was the height property. However, it does not allow percentages...  Any ideas..?? I guess you could request suppo...

How to instantiate an AJAX control inside a custom AJAX control
Hi I want to include a ToggleButton control inside a custom AJAX control.  How can I instantiate an instance of the ToggleButton in my Javascript?  If I create an instance of the ToggleButton in C# code, how could the Javascript pick it up?  Thank you,  ltlwinger   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397487.aspx Final Answer.Good Luck this._pin = $create(AjaxControlToolkit.ToggleButtonBehavior, { 'id': this.get_id() + "_ToggleButton", 'CheckedImageUrl': 'images/collapse.jpg', 'UncheckedImageUrl': '...

Ajax Control Toolkit: Tab Control Hidden
Hi,I have added a tab control to a page, and set everything up to be visible, however when I view the page the control is hidden.I have tried making sure it is visible via the code behind (tab1.visible = true), but this still doesn't show the control.Here is the code I have used to create the control: 1 <ajax:TabContainer runat="server" ID="Tab1"> 2 <ajax:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel1" HeaderText="Add"> 3 Add 4 </ajax:TabPanel> 5 </ajax:TabContainer>   I have trie...

How i create a Ajax tab control as a user control
  hi,how i create a Ajax tab control as a user control. In my project im using tab controls. Somtimes tab control has 7 or 8 tabs. So all codes inside single aspx.cs page. some times page load event has lot of methods. So i want to use different aspx.cs page for tabs. Can you explain how can i do it.Thanks  Just create a new user control and put your user interface with Ajax and the code behind in the newly created user control.Just move your TAB UI and code behind logic to the user control. http://acroitoriu.spaces.live.com"No complexity beyond what is necessary"...

Ajax Control tab Container control is very slow
 Hello All i am facing problem on my website that is working very very slow becaus i have used Ajax toolkit tab container control..i can not remove it now because it is completed almost what to do plz suggest m waiting for suggestionsThanks alot for helps  Mark as an answer if it helps Let the group know if tis slow because of the amount of data sent to the browser?  We might be able to fix that with a webservice load of the tab panel.  Good Luck  no not bcoz of amount of data.it is vry slow without any record.panel tabs are shifting one another very slow...

Ajax Calendar Control (Extender) rendered below other controls
i have this calendar control extender setup which is functionally working... but when i click the target Control... the calendar is rendered below other controls.. this setup is inside a formview... how do i correct this??? the Count of Monte Cristo  Hi,Are you tried this issue with IE7.Set the zindex property of calendar control higher than the other control  yeah someone told me that suggestion already... but where do i change it??? i checked for style property on the extender control but cant find it...the Count of Monte Cristo also checked for a zindex prop...

AJAX Tab Control & the menu control
Hi, I have a Master Page with a menu control & a Tab Control on a aspx form that will be displayed as a Content. How do I switch between the Tab Control when a click is made on the menu in the master pages?   Do you want to set the currently selected tab panel?TabContainer1.ActiveTab = TabPanel1;  Im accessing the TabControl on the Default.aspx & this code does not work. I get no errors thou. Am I doing something wrong?  protected void MenuItem_Click(object sender, MenuEventArgs e) {  if (this.Menu1.SelectedItem.Value.Equals("1")) { TabContainer myTa...

AJAX TAB CONTROL + VALIDATION CONTROL = PROBELM
 I have two ascx pages one for posting comment and one for emailing some message. Both controls are using validators to check email, website address and required firelds.Both are placed in an aspx page in ajax control toolkit tab control. The problem is if I any user choose to send email then he has to fill something valid in "omments" section or if anyone wants to post comment then he/she has to fill something valid in email section otherwise form do not postback.How to solve this probelm.\ This image will help you to understand my problem. My both controls are using UPDAT...

I do not see Tab control in my AJAX Control Toolkit.
First, how do I update my version of the AJAX Control Toolkit to the latest? Second, is there a way to tell what version of AJAX Control Toolkit I have? Third, I do not see the Tab control as one of the available AJAX controls in my Toolbox. Am I missing something? If you just have a reference to the AjaxControlToolkit.dll - you just need to delete it and reference the latest version. If you have a project reference, you'll need to make sure the project is the version you want and rebuild it. You'll also be able to see if the folder for Tabs is there - it should be as I believe it was in ...

Ajax Control Toolkit Tab Control
Hi Folks,  I am trying to get the Tab Container working. I have spent the past 3 days going through each and every post online and right now I am writing this as a last resort. I do not want any postback. I have a container with two tabs. I have a few text boxes, labels and one calendar extender in each tab and all I do in each tab is collect user information depending on the user type. When I run the code, only one tab shows up with all of its contents.This is the tab with the ActiveTabIndex="0". The other tab shows none of its controls when selected - only the ...

How to recursive a child control through an AJAX tab control?
 I'm trying to disable controls within the AJAX tab but I'm unable too. I was able to do it for all other controls. What do I need to do? Thanks! Protected Sub ExecuteReadOnly() SetControl_ReadOnly(TryCast(Me.Page, Control)) End Sub Private Sub SetControl_ReadOnly(ByVal CurrentControl As Control) 'BUTTON, CHECKBOX LIST If (TypeOf CurrentControl Is Button) Or (TypeOf CurrentControl Is CheckBoxList) Then TryCast(CurrentControl, WebControl).Enabled = False End If 'TEXTBOX If TypeOf CurrentControl Is TextBox Then CType(TryCast(CurrentControl, WebControl), TextB...

UPDATED: AJAX FAQ? And: How to Style the AJAX tab control's tabs: complete information
UPDATE April 08, 2009: for the latest version of this post, with up-to-date info on styling the Tab control, see my just updated Blog post -- the info below is somewhat outdated and does not have some additional details I have added to the Blog post.   First of all, I would like to suggest that the AJAX section of the ASP.NET forums have its own FAQ section. I was going to post this in the general ASP.NET FAQ, but it didn't really fit, and there was no AJAX FAQ, so I'm posting it here. Next: I have been looking for details on how to style the Tabs in the AJAX Tool...

Web resources about - TargetControlID of AJAX Calendar Control cannot be found when in an AJAX tab control - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

DropDown Sample
Samples HOME Accordion AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart ...