Tab Control - Change active tab

Hi,

I have a quick question that I am hoping will have an easy answer.

I have a form with a tab control and 3 tabs.  What I would like to do is have a button on one of the tabs change the active tab.
So under tab 1 the users clicks the button which will bring them to tab 2.  I know they can just click on the tab header at the top however I want to do some quick validation of information before making that tab visible and switching focus to it, is this possible?

Regards,

Daryl

0
DarylO

function SetTabIndex(index)
{
var tabs = $find('TabContainerClientID');
tabs.set_activeTabIndex(index);
}
0
Jason
1/26/2007 9:29:35 PM
Thank you Jason!
0
DarylO

TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS.
Name: Danny Email: danheidiatrogersdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS. Comments: Hi Why is it that EVERYTIME I get a new upgrade whether on Firefox or Thunderbird, I get TABS? I now have an upgrade on Thunderbird and guess what, I have an 'Inbox' TAB that i don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas? Another issue is. Why doesn't Firefox display something telling me it is working/looking for the site I want. I click on a site and stare at Firefox and don't know if it is doing anything. The previous versions were mu...

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

How do I keep track of the active tab in the tabpanel control to make it the active tab on a postback.
Whenever I do a postback with a tabpanel, it resorts to the default tabpanel.  How can I open the last tabpanel used automatically on postback. try this thread http://forums.asp.net/t/1106477.aspx  and this web page http://www.codeproject.com/KB/ajax/maintaining-active-tab.aspx"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it." — Margaret Fuller Very, very helpful.  Thanks...

Tab Control
I have searched the forum and I cant seem to find the answer to my question, although I have tried some of the hints I have found with no luck....Can someone show me a working sample (with source code) of a page with a TabContainer and several tabs, with each tab having a user control, but the controls are not added/initialized/shown until the appropriate tab is shown/clicked?Something like this forum's "Write a New Post" page, where the tabs load after I click on them, and an animated picture displays to show that its loading.The solution needs to add user controls to the page...

Tab Control
I have a tab control and this is more of an annoyance than anything right now but when a linkbutton in the current tabpane causes a postback the tab jumps back to its original state (meaning that the tab index is reset to 0 I guess but any way the tab the user is on changes back to its default setting - the first tab) Does something need to be set ? TIADylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com The Tabs demo does a full postback and shows how the client state is preserved. Not sure why this is not working for you.Kirti DeshpandeProgram Manager, Silverlight and ASP.NET A...

Tab control tabs
Hi, Is there a way to show the tabs of a tab control on the left (instead of the default “top”)?  (Something like the “Customer & Partner Solutions” on http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx )  Thanks, Z   http://deluxe-tabs.com/file/templates/tabs-vertical-template.htmlGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ That’s nice… But I meant is it possible to do it with the AJAX tab control?  ...

Creating a session variable to track the active tab and then making tab active upon postback using vs2008 VB.net
How do I create a session variable using java when clicking on a tab. I first created the "onclientclick" event: <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel1" runat="server" HeaderText="Revenue Analysis" OnClientClick="MakePanel1Active" > Then I created a script: <script type="text/javascript">function MakePanel1Active() {Session("Panel1Active") = "True"; } </script>  When doing so, I get an error. I am guessing that is the syntax for the session. but what should it look like. A...

Tabs, No Tabs
Name: Chris Email: cflore18atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Tabs, No Tabs Comments: When a tab is born, it should be optional that a simple alert noise is made. Because a tab is a window within a window, and the little tabs at the top sometimes go unseen; And I'm looking for the page I just came from, and I'm trying to hit the back button... Thanks for listening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no exp...

Tabs!! TABS!
Name: Kathy Email: kmhuntingtonatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Tabs!! TABS! Comments: I know I can find the "always show tabs" in the tools drop-down, but argh! It took me a few moments to find it. You probably had that noted somewhere and I didn't bother to read it, so I have no one to blame but myself, but still! Argh! Tabs are hidden! Do you know how many times my mother is going to call me asking for help? TOO MANY! Anyway, thank you. I love FF. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090615 Fi...

Tab after tab not..
Name: steve Email: xilleratproquakedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Tab after tab not.. Comments: Hello, could you add the funktion, that the new TAB come after the TAB what in use is. [sorry my engl.] i mean: i have 10 TABs open. and i klick in the middl nr. 5. Now i open a LINK in this TAB. At the moment the new TAB gos to TAB11 and not 6. Understand? :) thx Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Clicking active tab should go to previously active tab
Name: Ben Bradley Email: ben_nospam_bradleyatfrontiernetdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Clicking active tab should go to previously active tab Comments: Before tabs on Firefox I right-clicked links to open them in new windows. I then toggled between them either by alt-tab or by clicking on the application buttons in the Windows taskbar. The application buttons have always (for many years) had a neat feature: When you press the button of the active command, it selects the previously active application. This is very useful to select an app, read something quickly, and press t...

Deleting pages of tab control inside tab control
It's about Power Builder 5.0. I have one tab control and inside this other tab control with few pages. How can i delete these pages and how to get a popup menu for these tabpages ( right click shows only menu of older tab control ). I know how to perform it from older tab control and tab page but i am unable to do it when i am positioned on child tab pages. Answer me here or at marina@servomihalj.co.yu ...

Ajax Tab Control inserting content from the preceding tab into the tab of focus
Hello, I am using a tab control with several tabs. In one of the tabs, I was attempting to cause a label and a dropdownlist control to become visible or invisible based upon the users selection on another dropdownlist control within the same tab. When I test the control that should make the label and the ddl visible or invisible it does succeed in displaying or hiding these two controls but the contents from the preceding tab container viewed is injected into each page of the tab control. If I navigate to the tab containing the contents being injected then to any of the other tabs previous...

Tab Control: How to show new page in same tab when hyperlink clicked on the same tab
I have a hyperlink in my TabPanel's user control (.ascx).  When clicked it tries to go to an entirely new page outside the tab control (which of course causes an error because a browser cannot load just an .ascx alone) instead of just refreshing and showing the new page in the same tab.  So when I click the hyperlink I get this error:This type of page is not served.BODY { FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 0.7em; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } P { MARGIN-TOP: -5px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } B { MARGIN-TOP: -5p...

Hiding Tabs in Tab control has unwanted effect if hiding first tab
Hi - I have a site admin tool I built using the AJAX Tab control. I am hiding some of the tabs depending on the role a user is in. I tried many metods: TabContainer1.Tabs.Remove(Tab1) Tab1.Enabled = False And the combination Tab1.Visable = False Tab1.HeaderText = "" and they all have the same result. It works fine if the tab you are hiding is not the first tab (left most) - if it is - the whole tabcontainer and all the tabs do not display. I can move the tabs I want to hid to the right but on one of the projects I am working on there are onoly two tabs and only one is visa...

Web resources about - Tab Control - Change active tab - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

US Democratic candidates clash over gun control at debate
Hillary Clinton criticised over foreign policy and gun control but again confirms her position as frontrunner for the Democratic nomination. ...

Victorian fires out of control
Residents are being urged to evacuate as an out of control bushfire near the Indigo Valley in northern Victoria threatens homes. Courtesy ABC ...

Victorian bushfires: Fire crews battle to get blazes under control in hot, windy conditions
Several fires continue to burn in hot, windy conditions in Victoria, but all of the emergency warnings have been downgraded, CFA officials say. ...

Dell Issues Patch For Content Adaptive Brightness Control On The XPS 13
... issues, as all devices do. One that was very frustrating to deal with during the review was the aggressive Content Adaptive Brightness Control ...

Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games
Breitbart News Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games Breitbart News Riot Games, the creators of ...

China's Xi on cyberspace control
Chinese President Xi Jinping defended his country's right to censor Internet content, signaling confidence in the strategy.

Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province
CNN Taliban forces take control of key district in Afghanistan's Helmand province CNN Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) Taliban forces have taken almost ...