Should the tab control do a postback when changing tabs?

Did some research to make sure this wasn't already addressed..may have missed it though.

In the latest ( 20229 ) version, it seems to have been fixed for use in Firefox,  Yes but it causes

a postback subsequent to the ActiveTabChanged event. Tongue Tied    Is this intentional?

Thanks in advance.  Cool

0
BGriffin_TPA

BGriffin_TPA wrote:

> Did some research to make sure this wasn't already addressed..may
> have missed it though.
>
> In the latest ( 20229 ) version, it seems to have been fixed for use
> in Firefox, but it causes
>
> a postback subsequent to the ActiveTabChanged event. Is this
> intentional?
>
> Thanks in advance.

If the Tab control is inside UpdatePanel, I do not see any reason it should
do a postback, unless its registered as a PostBackControl.

--
Madhur

http://madhurahuja.blogspot.com
Madhur Ahuja

http://madhurahuja.blogspot.com
0
madhur25
3/10/2008 10:36:14 AM

I don't know if this will help but you might try turning autopostback off in the TabContainer & replacing it w/ a dummy button to do the postback, similar to my post in http://forums.asp.net/t/1229322.aspx . I've tested the dummy button in Framework 3.5 in IE and it only posts back once.
Glenn Michael

0
Glenn
3/10/2008 12:43:32 PM

Glenn..you were right..!..Yes  how silly of me..Embarrassed

Thanks for helping..I marked this as the answer..Cool

0
BGriffin_TPA