ModalPopup using WebServices (WebService Call Failed: 500)

Hi All,

I am trying to populate a gridview and display the results in a Modal Popup.  I have wired it all together, but when it calls the webservice, it is not dropping into the web service.  It finds the .asmx file which calls a .cs file and begins to run through the process, but it doesnt run the WebMethod.

Here is all the code, your help is greatly appreciated.

The asmx File:

<%

@ WebService Language="C#" CodeBehind="~/App_Code/ModalSerivice.cs" Class="ModalService" %>

Here is the WebService:

[WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")]

[WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]

[System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService]

public

class ModalService : WebService

{

public ModalService()

{

}

[

WebMethod]

public string[] Vary(string prefixText, int count)

{

//return all records whose Title starts with the prefix input string

List<string> VariationList = new List<string>();

SqlDataReader drVariations = sqlProductProvider.GetCarNames(prefixText);

while (drVariations.Read())

{

String strTemp = Convert.ToString(drVariations["officialName"]);

VariationList.Add(strTemp);

}

return VariationList.ToArray();

}

}

and finally the HTML

<%

@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Modal.aspx.cs" Inherits="Collectors_Modal" Title="Untitled Page" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

<

asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="Main" Runat="Server">

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" Text="GO" />

<asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Style="display: none" CssClass="modalPopup">

<asp:Panel ID="Panel3" runat="server" Style="cursor: move; background-color: #DDDDDD; border: solid 1px Gray; color: Black">

Some Cars Variations

</asp:Panel>

<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server">

<Columns>

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Date" SortExpression="UserName">

<HeaderTemplate>

<asp:LinkButton ID="yearSort" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="ProductionYear"

Text="Year" runat="server">Year</asp:LinkButton></td>

<asp:LinkButton ID="colNumSort" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="CollectorNumber"

Text="ColNum" runat="server">Col#</asp:LinkButton></td>

<asp:LinkButton ID="carNameSort" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="CarName" Text="User"

runat="server">Car Name</asp:LinkButton></td>

<asp:LinkButton ID="SeriesNameSort" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="SeriesName"

Text="Series" runat="server">Series</asp:LinkButton></td>

<asp:LinkButton ID="FrontWheelsSort" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="FrontWheels"

Text="Wheels" runat="server">Wheels</asp:LinkButton></td>

<asp:LinkButton ID="ColorSort" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="BodyColor" Text="Color"

runat="server">Body Color</asp:LinkButton></td>

<asp:LinkButton ID="CountryLongSort" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="CountryLong"

Text="Country" runat="server">Country</asp:LinkButton></td>

</HeaderTemplate>

</asp:TemplateField>

</Columns>

</asp:GridView>

<asp:Button ID="OkButton" runat="server" Text="OK" />

</asp:Panel>

<cc1:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender" runat="server"

TargetControlID="LinkButton1"

PopupControlID="Panel1"

BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground"

OkControlID="OkButton"

DropShadow="true"

DynamicControlID="Panel3"

DynamicServicePath="~/Services/ModalService.asmx"

DynamicContextKey="H7066"

DynamicServiceMethod="Vary" />

</

asp:Content>
0
DigitalDean

to use a webservice or not to use a webservice?
hi folks, i have a web-based application that connects to a server for processing and then gets back the data from the server asynchonously to display to the user--specifically, the user identifies a product by answering coupla questions and then the program connects to a CAD server to generate models of the product to display to the user. creating the CAD files typically takes little over a minute or so...but i would like to know whether its a good idea to use a web-service to connect to the CAD server and then do the processing or whether remoting is a better way to do this. ...

call webservice using javascript without using AJAX and webservice.htc?
HI,how can i call a webservice without using AJAX and Webservice.htc, using any protocols?Thanks.X you could skip using an AJAX framework and issue an xmlHttpRequest directlyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMLHttpRequestMike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Hi, thanks mbanavige.well, is there any disadvantage of using xmlhttprequest?and one more question can AJAX also work on other web servers than IIS like Apache? and is AJAX compatible with all browsers other than IE?how can i call a web servi...

Calling .NET 2.0 WebService with Delphi (first call fails)
Hello, i have a simple .NET 2.0 Webservice created with VS2008. The webservice contains a method "HelloWorld" that simply returns "Hello world" as string. The method does not need headers to be sent (no authentication and so on) The client is written in D2007 with all updates applied. When i call the service for the FIRST time i get the following exception: Class EDOMParseError with message 'End tag 'ul' does not match the start tag 'p'. Line: 124 '</ul>'. It seems that this comes from an error message tha...

problem in using the webservice.htc file to call webservice method
Hello Mate,                    The webservice method is not getting called . COULD U PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS PROBLEM?                                  First of all i have a folder called "Masters" in my project.                    In that ...

How to use Digital signature to call a java webservice in .NET
Hi Experts, I need to call a java web service with digital signature from .Net application.I got a certificate for this. When digital signature is applied to SOAP message, a unique hash is produced from the message, and this hash is then encrypted with the sender's private key. Please help me in implementing this in .NET.Thanks Take a look at this article, it is fairly simple to associate the signature. http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/19986/1954 SoapContext myContext = myService.RequestSoapContext;myContext.Security.Elements.Add(new Signature(myToken)); Chris Dupuy Sr. Develope...

.NET to Java Webservice Calls Slow, but Java test harness to Java Webservices is fast
Hi,I am currently working on a website that makes SOAP webservice calls to a java webservice that is powered by AXIS.  The website is running in .NET 2.0 and the library that calls the java webservice is a .NET 1.1 library.  When calling web methods of the java webservice, I am getting back calls in around the 400 ms range for a 27kb response when the .net site does the call to java; however, the java developers at my job have a test harness that makes a java soap call to the same java webservice using the same parameters as the .net call yet they have a call time of only 20 ms.&nb...

How to implement WSE 3.0 SOAP Security Header for Webservice call using .NET Engine
Hello, I am using PB 11.5 and trying to call webserice using .Net engine. My problem is webservice I am calling requires me to populate soap header as per WSE 3.0. my WSDL doesn't contain any reference to soap header as a result of this I am not able to populate user ID, password, Token .etc. I need to populate security header like below. <soapenv:Header> <wsse:Security soapenv:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/oasis-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.1.xsd"> <wsse:UsernameToken> <wsse:Username>your_id</wsse:U...

Calling a webservice from inside another webservice
I have a an Ajax enabled web service that needs to call a remote (on another domain) web service. So I setup the ajax service to call a local .asmx which then uses a "Web Reference" to the remote asmx. It calls the function in the remote asmx and executes just fine. The problem... 1.) First, am I doing this correctly? 2.) Reporting back is not working. Here's what I'm doing inside the locally called service: Dim ws As New WebReference.AjaxEnabledWebService Dim returnstatus as string="" ws.FunctionName(ParameterSendin1, ParameterSend...

Calling webservices contained in a separate Webservices Project

Deploying website and webservice/ Dynamically calling a webservice
hai all,i have a website and webservice on my local machine, everythings works fine. now how I ll deploy this to live. I have already copied my website and webservice to the  server and had made the virtual directory. 1. Now how i will set web reference to the webservice.2. i manage a few constants in web.config. can i put a app key in web.config which has a value as webservice path and dynamically call the webservice. i am trying to deploy a website/webservice for first time. so this question may be the most basic one, but plz do considerwarm regards  You'll have to pro...

Calling WebService to another WebService timeout frequently
Hi, I have two web services and say 1 method in each service. Both method does something pretty quick (usually under 100ms). I can run hundreds of calls to these two methods without any timeout from the client side. (I've done this through stress testing). Now I want to make web service call to the method in service B from method in service A synchronously. Since both of these methods are pretty responsive, I didn't think I would have any problem. But I am seeing a lot of timeout now. The timeout happens on both from client to the service or from service to service. The I've i...

Problem calling a secure Webservice from another Webservice
The situation is as follows: I have a library VRKModule which calls an external Webservice requiring a Client Certificate. Function VRKModule.VRKQuery(string): 1    public void VRKQuery(string SSN)2            {3                XmlSerializer Serializer;4                MemoryStream Stream;5                try6 &n...

how ro use EAServer webservice in dw.net dev in vb.net?
i use pb10 dev a webservice but use dw.net have any problem such as sybase.datawind.blob, fullstate,changes and so on.how to deserialize Since PB10 is in beta, you need to post such questions in the private beta newsgroup. On 3 Jun 2004 07:21:01 -0700, "ma.frank" <ma.frank@163.com> wrote: >i use pb10 dev a webservice but use dw.net have any problem such as >sybase.datawind.blob, fullstate,changes and so on.how to deserialize > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books...

Asynchronous page loading / webservice call to slow webservice?
Hi, It got a aspx page that calles a foreign webservice got get all of our products. The call to the webservice is quite slow so I want to render the rest of the page first and then fill out the page with the result from the webservice when its finished.(I got async="True" in the Page register) It try to do it like this but the page will not render before the "pWS_GetAllProductsCompleted" is triggered.   protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { ParentWebservice pWS = new ParentWebservice(); pWS.GetAllP...

Web resources about - ModalPopup using WebServices (WebService Call Failed: 500) - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...