Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'. error

Hi,

 I have used the Animation control of the Ajax Control Toolkit successfully on my local PC. The web site was successfully launched on a third party hosting company. Recently, I had to change to another third party hosting company and now I get the following error on the page where I used the Animation control. All other pages are working fine. Does any one know how I can resolve this error?

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page,
System.String, System.String)'.]
   AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

 Thanks,

Ruby.

0
rubysbox

 ScriptManager is a component of System.Web.Extensions.dll. Which is your version of this DLL ?

Regards

CD

0
CDERUE
10/9/2007 11:57:05 AM

Hi Rubysbox,

Based on your description, I think your problem is mainly because that ASP.NET 2.0 Ajax Control Toolkit is not installed on that server.  So you should contact the administrator.  To install it , please visit here.  It will deploy it in the GAC.If they don't want it, then you can deploy it in the \bin directory - but only if the application is running in full trust (not partial trust).  Most hosters run in partial trust (so this doesn't work).

Best regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan Shen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Jonathan

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
I downloaded the 10618 version and can not get it working.  The sample website that comes with the release gives me this error on every page I try to browse. Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)' Stack Trace: [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'.]   AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +0   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47&n...

Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.
  I have a website which is running on IIS 5.1. Wen ever I am trying to access any page based on .net framework 2.0 I get this error Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, ...

'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
It code worked fine on my PC..but gettting following message on server.... 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'  i checked this thread http://forums.asp.net/p/1123792/1869084.aspx#1869084  but it doesn't help me...  My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." Updating global assembly cache of server, solved this error Some how installation is not updating GAC..so you have to do it manuallyMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwis...

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.set_Action(System.String)'.
I just updated a site that has been running for 1.5 years.  I updated it each month and have never had a problem.  This time I get the error below when using a search field on the site.  I worked on it for the past several hours but cannot find what the problem is.  I searched the web but could only find one post which did not help.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.set_Action(System.String)'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request...

Beta 2/RC incompatibility? (Method not found: 'System.String System.Web.UI.ICallbackEventHandler.RaiseCallbackEvent(System.String)')
Hi Everybody,We are currently building a couple of custom (web) controls for ASP.NET 2.0. Compiling them with .NET Framework Build 2.0.50215 works fine. Compiling them with Build 2.0.50727 (which came with VS.NET 2005 Team Suite RC and likely with the Release, too) always results into aError 1 Method not found: 'System.String System.Web.UI.ICallbackEventHandler.RaiseCallbackEvent(System.String)'.As this is within the System namespace we guess it's an internal method supporting the .NET infrastructure.Is there anybody - maybe from MS - who can investigate this issue and comment on i...

Warning 4 'System.Web.UI.Page.GetPostBackEventReference(System.Web.UI.Control, string)' is obsolete
Hi I am using the following code in an ASP.NET C# web application: this.Page.GetPostBackEventReference(this, string.Empty);if (this.IsPostBack) {string eventTarget = (this.Request["__EVENTTARGET"] == null) ? string.Empty : this.Request["__EVENTTARGET"]; string eventArgument = (this.Request["__EVENTARGUMENT"] == null) ? string.Empty : this.Request["__EVENTARGUMENT"];if (eventTarget == "ForcedPostBack") { // This was a PostBack from the client-side forcedPostBack function... // eventArgument will equal "Some value to send server-...

System.MissingMethodException: Method Not Found: 'Void System.Web.DynamicData.DynamicDataManager.RegisterControl(System.Web.UI.Control, Boolean)' problem
Hi! I made a new Dynamic Data Entity Web Project and I get this error message when i run the website. The errors comes when the list.aspx is run.I have installed the newest drop of the dynamic data and the newest dynamic data futures.Any suggestions?  Regards Kenneth Hi Kenneth, is this a basic scaffolded website with no custom code? What version are you running? You can get the latest bit from: Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Beta and Download Dynamic Data Runtime.Steve Seeking the elegant solution.[Oh! If olny I colud tpye!]c# Bits blogOh, and don't...

What is going on!!!! Global.System.Web.UI.ScriptManager Error 696 Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is not defined.
Ok, I thought yesterday this was a problem with VS 2005.  I properly installed the AJAX framework 1.0.  Updated the web.config. The stupid designer file for my aspx keeps complaining about both the ScriptManager control and all UpdatePanel controls I threw onto the page and so when I try to build, it keeps giving me this error in the .designer file of my aspx!  About a half hour ago, I rendered the page just fine with these controls! Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is not defined. Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' is not defined.  When I thought this problem was jus...

Method not found: 'System.Web.UI.IDataSource System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.get_DataSourceObject()'.
Ok, here is the situation. We have multiple tabpanels in a tabcontrol. On each tabpanel we are using a formview with an objectdatasource linked to it. I have written a class which is able to save all the formviews on all the tabcontrols in one click.Locally this works fine, but when it gets deployed onto our server we get following error: Server Error in '/KanoWeb' Application.Method not found: 'System.Web.UI.IDataSource System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.get_DataSourceObject()'.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web ...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

Method does not match delegate 'void System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventHandler(object, System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs)'
Hello Everyone I am developing one form which is have one Mobile user control. as follow <mobile:panel id="BottomPanel" Runat="server"> <mobile:DeviceSpecific id="DeviceSpecific1" Runat="server"> <Choice Filter="isHTML32" > <ContentTemplate> <asp:ImageButton id="cmdLogoutASCX" ImageUrl="..\images\buttons\logout.gif" runat="server"></asp:ImageButton> </ContentTemplate> </Choice> </mobile:DeviceSpecific> </mobi...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Error Serializing Value 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode'
Hi, I am  getting the error stated in the subject when i am storing a TreeNode in a ViewState and then using it as follows if (ViewState["ProductCounty"]!=null) { TreeNode _productCountyNode = DataTree.FindNode(((TreeNode)ViewState["ProductCounty"]).ValuePath); _productCountyNode.Expand(); } what could be causing this error? Hi, I believe TreeNode isn't serializable in a way its required for objects which can be put to ViewState - as reference - (TreeNode implements IStateManager and is meant to work together with TreeView itself saving it...

Problem with AjaxControl kit error Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364
I'm trying to use the Tabs from the Ajaxcontrol kit.I have installed Ajax WebExtension 1.0 to the server i'm runnig the apps fromI'm sure the version of my Ajaxcontrol kit and the System.Web.Extensions i'm trying to use is 1.0.61025. But it seems the one on 3.5 is also there since the server has been updated to v3.5 .net framework I get this error below:  Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll...

Web resources about - Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'. error - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit