List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Hello All,
I am using AJAX control toolkit for my current project. Now I need to find out what client side functions I can call on an extender. Lets say I am using a PopControlExtender. Now I want to show the popup from a JS funtions.
If I can do a guess then it would be something like this
$find('ppce').show();

From where I can find what client side functions I can call on those extensders. This is really a frusterating thing. I learn about extenders only from Learn tutorials, no help here and there. Can anybody please tell me where are documentations about all the extenders in the toolkit, and what JS functions are availble on each of them.
Thank You,
Shail

0
ShailAtlas

I wrote about how to discover the APIs and methods available here :
How Do I learn more about the AjaxControlToolkit Controls ?

Phani Raj
http://blogs.msdn.com/PhaniRaj
0
Phanatic
8/19/2008 4:37:43 PM

Hello,
Thanks for your answer. I know this one, and I can tell you a better in FireBug. Use latest FF and Firebug and use it explore. But I have time constraints, I cannot do that. A great work is always useless without a very basic documentation Sad
Thank You,
Shail

0
ShailAtlas
8/19/2008 5:25:53 PM

Hi Shail,

Based on your description, what you need is the documentation of client side about the AJAX Control Toolkit. If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to tell me, thanks.

The ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit is a shared source project built on top of the Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX framework. It is a joint effort between Microsoft and the ASP.NET AJAX community that provides a powerful infrastructure to write reusable, customizable and extensible ASP.NET AJAX extenders and controls, as well as a rich array of controls that can be used out of the box to create an interactive Web experience.

Currently we have a documentation which  focus on usage, for senior development, you would better dip into the source code.

For example in your case, you need to know more about the PopupControlExtender,  you shall take a look at the PopupControlBehavior.js and thePopupBehavior.js file.

You can download the AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5.zip which is the full release package with complete source code to all controls and see the sample website release notes for more details. You can also refer to the Source Code on the web. For example: http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxControlToolkit/SourceControl/FileView.aspx?itemId=109562&changeSetId=37283

Best regards,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as
Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
Zhi
8/22/2008 6:49:39 AM

Zhi-Qiang Ni - MSFT:
you shall take a look at the PopupControlBehavior.js and thePopupBehavior.js file.

Hello,
So for all controls of my interest, I need to see the JS files in their source projects ?
May be as you said I need to learn more about the Behaviour and Extenders.

Thank You,
Shail

0
ShailAtlas

Yes, that’s what I means, for example, the show() method is on this page: http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxControlToolkit/SourceControl/FileView.aspx?itemId=151115&changeSetId=37283

    show : function() {
        /// <summary>
        /// Show the popup
        /// </summary>

        // Ignore requests to hide multiple times
        if (this._visible) {
            return;
        }

        var eventArgs = new Sys.CancelEventArgs();
        this.raiseShowing(eventArgs);
        if (eventArgs.get_cancel()) {
            return;
        }

        // Either show the popup or play an animation that does
        // (note: even if we're animating, we still show and position
        // the popup before hiding it again and playing the animation
        // which makes the animation much simpler)
        this._visible = true;
        var element = this.get_element();
        $common.setVisible(element, true);
        this.setupPopup();
        if (this._onShow) {
            $common.setVisible(element, false);
            this.onShow();
        } else {
            this.raiseShown(Sys.EventArgs.Empty);
        }
    },
Best regards,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as
Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
Zhi
8/22/2008 7:15:47 AM

Here you go , this is an initial draft to document the controls.
Documentation for the AjaxControlToolkit

Phani Raj
http://blogs.msdn.com/PhaniRaj
0
Phanatic

Calling a client side control event from a server side function
I would like to know how to raise an event on a client side only control from a server side function.   For example, I have Button1 whose onclick is handled at the server. The logic behind the function will do 1 of 2 things, change the text of a label to indicate a problem or navigate to a new page.  I cannot use redirect because i need the new page to appear inside 2 of 3 existing frames.  I can manage this using an anchor on the client.  All I need to do is automatically click the anchor after I post back from the Button1.click event.I tried the following line of c...

server side control passing value of self in client side function
I have a server side dropdownlist control.It contains values as:"#00FFFF""#FF00FF""#FFFF00"When the selectedindex is changed by the client I want to assign the value of the dropdownlist to a <div id="example"></div> evelement.pseudo:document.getElementbyId('example').bgcolor=dropdownlist.valueHow can I do this? I think I somehow need to attach a function to my dropdownlist which passes its own value as a parameter to a function...any suggestions?Thanks!please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. You ...

Is it possible to call client side function from server side code without initial client request?
Atlas is great. I'm using timer to periodically check database changes on server to populate client side controls with new data. Is it possible to do it without a lot of client requests to server which takes a huge useless network traffic? Server should call client side function on all connected clients when, for example, 'database updated' event occurs on server. Thanks. Hi~ Just for your interest, I think you could have a look at Comet, many web IM like Gmail's embeded Gtalk and meebo.com are built on this architecture你好! Just FYI o_O...

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

Accessing server-side control in client-side javascript function; on Content page
I am trying to set an asp:textbox value in the Client side javascript function. It works fine on the standalone page. But when i try to do this the Content page, it’s giving the follwoing error message. document.getElementByID[...] is null of not an object  Any idea? Thanks, Riz   Hi, are you using ClientID property of that server control, to get its ID (which is rendered at the client and can be used with document.getElementById )?Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you my problem is solved....

How to Pass Information from Server-Side Code to Client-Side Code in AJAX Control Extender?
Hi All,For some reason I can't get the following to work: I have a custom AJAX Control Extender with a few getters and setters. I also have some images I want to use with the extender saved in a resource file. How to I make the respective image URLs available to the javascript of the extender? Are there any examples available?Thanks![Update: renamed the subject to something more appropriate.]  Perhaps I can clarify a bit:I have set up a getter and setter to set the image URL from the resource file: 1 [ExtenderControlProperty] 2 public string CoverURL 3 { 4 get...

How to call server side(C#) function from Client side(Javascript) function?
Hi i have used below functions,  function HandleOnClose() {// this function will be called after clicking browsers close button in Internet explorer if (event.clientY < 0) { event.returnValue = 'Are you sure you want to leave the page?'; } // if he clicks ok then i need to call one server side function in this instance.. else not. } <body onbeforeunload="HandleOnClose()" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">other controls in page..</div>  How to achieve this? Thanks MS AJAX Extensions would be the option of choice here. Combined with webservices you can...

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

Calling a client side function from the server side

running server side function from client side

How to call server side function on client side
Hi,   How to call server side function on client side? here i want to call change() function on textbox onchange event.   <script language="javascript">    function serverfunction()    {    }    </script><input id="Text1" onchange="javascript:serverfunction();"  type="text" /> code behind:  public void change()    {        Response.Write("hello");    } <script type=&quo...

Server-side versus Client-side controls?
Hi, I'm new to ASP.NET, and I was wondering how negligible the performance impact of using server-side controls over client-side controls is? Should I avoid using server-side controls and use client-side ones whereever I can? Or should I not care? From apurely aesthetic point-of-view, it would be nice to use mostly all server-side controls to keep everything consistent. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks. There are up's and down's of both server-side and client side controls.  Read this article and you will have a better understanding on which is better.http://www.eggh...

Web resources about - List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

DOS extender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A DOS extender is a program that "extends" DOS so that programs running in protected mode can transparently interface with the underlying MS-DOS ...

Apple debuts its own battery extender for iPhone 6s
Is this Apple's admission that its iPhone has a battery problem?

Batteriser battery life extender: scam or saviour?
A new device claims to extend battery life by up to eight times. But is it too good to be true?

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Powerbeats2 $150, TP-LINK Wi-Fi Extender $40, Bluetooth shower speaker $10, more ...
... in multiple colors: $150 shipped (Reg. $200) Amazon Gold Box – up to 50% off HDDs + Networking: Seagate 1TB Portable $50 , TP-LINK Wi-Fi Extender ...

Congress once again moves to extend ‘tax extenders’
Analysis: The lucrative tax breaks take billions out of the budget, at great reward to lobbyists and lawmakers

Windows Home Server v2 'Vail' Beta: Drive Extender v2 Dissected
Yesterday Microsoft released the first public beta of the next version of Windows Home Server, currently going under the codename of Vail (or ...

T-Mobile’s network extender lets anyone use your Internet bandwidth
T-Mobile US CEO John Legere with the new 4G LTE CellSpot. (credit: T-Mobile US ) T-Mobile US is giving customers free devices that boost network ...

Recharge Wrap-up: Hong Kong gets Tesla resale guarantee, Wrightspeed builds turbine range extender
... Model S. College of Marin is installing a Tesla stationary energy storage system. Wrightspeed announces Fulcrum multi-fuel turbine range extender. ...

Official: BMW prices i3 range extender option at $3,950
... That means the fossil-fuel comfort blanket will be a $3,950 upgrade (or, maybe, it'll be $3,850, since the base price for the range-extender ...

Linksys AC1200 Amplify Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6700) is gosh-darn adorable
... never take precedent over function, hardware should be attractive. I mean, why not? Today, Linksys announces the RE6700 Wireless Range Extender. ...