how can i use ajax cascading dropdownlist using sqldatabase?

 hello everone..

 i want to use Ajax cascading dropdownlist with the data populating from the sqldatabase.

well i try to use the example given in this site.but i got lost in the code.

how can i accomplish this.?

i m very new to ajax.so provide me with the code for this..

thanks.

0
jack007

Check my blog post at http://blog.g9th.com/blog/post/2007/02/Creating-a-CascadingDropDown-using-ASPNET-AJAX.aspx

Thanks

-Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Electronic Screw
Website||Blog||Dub@i.net
0
e_screw

How well can Ajax and Javascript be used inside.Net application using C#?
In my experimentation with Ajax.Net I am not sure how far I can go with Ajax. NET and /or  javascript on the .NET platform. Is there anyone who had used these technologies exstensively who can tell me who well they can be used on .NET's platform? I guess what I am asking is...will using Ajax be like using ajax and or will using javascript be like using javascript when you use it on .NET's platform or will there be suttle diffrences?   thanks Allen    Ajax.net is basically just a javascript library like scriptaculous or others.  It has lo...

How can I modify the AJAX Cascading Dropdownlist to use a Listbox as the last control
Hello - I have a need to modify the AJAX Cascading Dropdownlist  where the last control is a listbox. Just changing the last control to a listbox won't do it since I get the following error: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListBox' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList' To me it looks like the CascadingDropdownExtender.cs file would need to be modified but I am not sure where to startRDThe creator of the universe works in mysterious ways. But he uses a base ten counting system and likes round numbers.- Scott Adams The problem is that the targetco...

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

Why use parts of Ado.net when you can use SQL
Just on this line of thought. Why use objects such as DataTable,DataRow,DataColumn when you can use SQL to select and insert data more effectively. I have been creating applications that use sql queries and stored procedures. The other way to do it would be to use ADO.nets objects that help you like DataTable,DataRow, DataColumn. I hardly ever use them at all so are they really worth going into in depth. I prefer SQL to do all my data manipulation.MCAD.Net vb.net Perhaps you should explain how you use sql queries and stored procedures and how you think they're more effective. I f...

Help! Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition?
Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition? I downloaded Web Martrix. But I don't want to use its IDE. I just want to use its webserver because Home Edition can't have IIS. Thanks.HeiGe Visual Studio.NET neededs IIS, But in home addition you can't use IIS. So in XPHome you can't use Visual Studio.NET from ASP.NET development!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thanks for your answer. But I have successfully added IIS to my XP Home. Special thanks to Holeinone, Pippo a...

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

how can i use AjaxControlToolkit.resources.dll to use ajax with arabic language?
Hello.I'm using ajax control toolkit and I'm having some difficulties , the direction and the alignment of the text can't be changed.and in arabic it is different from english.So how can i use the AjaxControlToolkit.resources.dll to apply the arabic language? thanks   Hi,You may specify the culture for the application in web.config. In globalization section. For instance:    <globalization culture="en-us"/> And you can refer to following documentations for more information: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c6zyy3s9...

how we can use ajax in form submit option using email component?
hi, plz anyone know?? my home page   In the future it would help if you put the question in the body of the text too and not just in the title! What do you mean by email component? [Some serverside code?]Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn thanks, What do you mean by email component? SMTP / POP3 Visual Basic (VB .NET) email component library uses a simple API to send and receive mail, including HTML and MIME attachments, from an application...

how can postback use ajax.net beta2
in atlas      var postBack = new Sys.WebForms.PostBackAction();     postBack.set_target("ctl00_MainContentHolder_btnAccAdd");     postBack.set_eventArgument('');     postBack.performAction();  but beta2 Sys.WebForms.PostBackAction object not exist   how can i do it? hello.xml-script and actions are defined in the value-added bits. download the november ctp and install it. thena dd the previewscript.js file to your page and everything should work ok.-- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http...

Cascading CheckBoxLists
I have a pair of checkbox lists, one contains list 1, and the second is a more detailed version of list 1, breaking elements of items in 1 down to several items in 2, i.e. 1 Fruit2 Vegetables3 Dogs 1 Apple2 Pear3 Banana4 Orange5 Cauliflower6 Peas7 Cabbage8 Sweetcorn9 Alsation10 Doberman11 Poodle12 Spaniel As you can see there is an association between the two lists in that each item in list 2 is a member of list 1.  The data for each of these controls is read from database tables, one table per control and are populated at page load.  By default, each item is set ...

How do use I use AJAX UpadtePanel ?
Ok, I here is what I want to do. I have a MasterPage so I will call it MymasterPage.master. Then I have a page my default page, so I will call it Default.aspx which uses the MasterPage I mentioned above. Now I have a an UpdatePanel on Mymaterpage and the Default.aspx uses the MasterPage. I have a folder called Controls and inside this folder, I have a page (ascx). This control works fine, but it causes a postback which refreshes the entire page. My preference is to just refesh ONLY the content of the control when the submit buton on it is clicked. SO My Question is: How do I use UpdatePan...

when we can use the [using statement]?
can you please tell me when is the time to use [using statement]?does [using statement] only for connection close?does a adapter  OK to use [using statement]?               using( da = new SqlDataAdapter(strSql, conn)){                da.Fill(ds); } The using statement defines a scope at the end of which an object will be disposed. You create an instance in a using statement to ensure that Dispose is called on the object when the using stat...

Web resources about - how can i use ajax cascading dropdownlist using sqldatabase? - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support