Help installing AJAX on VS2008 .NET 3.5

Hi folks

I am really struggling to get AJAX working despite following the tutorial video.  Here are the steps I have followed:

1. Downloaded the latest AJAX Control Toolkit Framework from http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxControlToolkit/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=11121

2. Extracted the files to a directory called AJAX Control Toolkit in Program Files

3. Navigated to Progarm Files\AJAX Control Toolkit\SampleWebSite\Bin and copied all those files to Program Files\AJAX Control Toolkit\Binaries

4. Opened VS2008 and created a new ASP.NET Web Site (ensuring the framework selected was .NET 3.5)

5. Created a new toolbox and called it AJAX Toolkit

6. Right clicked in this new toolbox and select Choose Items....

7. Navigated to Program Files\AJAX Control Toolkit\Binaries and selected AjaxControlToolkit.dll. This listed all the AJAX Controls.  I clicked OK.

All the controls now appear in the tool box.  All good so far.

Now in the Default.aspx file I drag one of the controls to the screen (for example the CollapsiblePanelExtender).  The following line is added to the top of the source

<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

and where I placed the control

<cc1:collapsiblepanelextender runat="server"></cc1:collapsiblepanelextender>

Now in my errors I get

Unknown server tag 'cc1:collapsiblepanelextender'

Now I'm assuming this is all correct.

 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nick

0
djnickwatt

This is one of the solutions for your problem. This may not be the problem in your case though: http://forums.asp.net/p/1238952/2525498.aspx

Also see this: http://geekswithblogs.net/influent1/archive/2007/05/16/112544.aspx

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
8/19/2008 1:06:29 PM

Hiya

Thanks for your reply.  I eventually worked it out and it was what was in your other thread.  Our login in policy sets our My Documents folder to a share on the server.  So therefore any project I was creating was saved across the network.  I created a web site locally and hey presto, it worked.  I have only just started at my new employment and hadn't twigged that the My Documents folder wasn't local.  Live and learn!

Once again thanks for your reply.

Nick

0
djnickwatt

install Ajax toolkit for Net 3.5? who can give me address how ajax install ?video lesson?
hi friends i saw this lesson but i cant find it now. My ajax toolkit broken.. i cant see ajax toolkit. why ? i dont know .. maybe karamasoft :) install Ajax toolkit for Net 3.5? who can give me address how ajax install ?video lesson? cheersMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/ EricPascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn...

AJAX Control Tool Kit for 3.5 .NET SP1 installation for VS2008
Hi, I successfully installed AJAX control tool kit for my VS2005 in a tab called AJAX Control Tool Kit.  I also have VS2008 installed.  I downloaded the AJAX tool kit for 3.5 SP1 from the web site and follow the same process (as I did in VS2005 AJAX control tool kit installation) to install the tool kit in the same tab name in VS2008.  I have no error but the tab and it's control doesn't show up in my VS2008.  I right mouse click on the control tool box of VS2008 and selected Show All and the tab appears but the items inside it are all grey out.  ...

enabling ajax in WSS 3.0 SP1 with .net 3.5 installed??
Hello, I've seen a lot of excitement about WSS 3.0 SP1 and .NET 3.5 and AJAX, but I can't find anything which explains how to ensure that AJAX is indeed enabled in this kind of setup. Would someone please point me to where I can find out how to make sure AJAX is enabled for this WSS server?? It is a new/clean install of WSS 3.0 SP and .NET 3.5. I'm sure I have to modify or install files, but what??? Thank you, Tom...

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

ajax 3.5 extensions preview and .NET 3.5
I'm a little bit confused.On one hand you say the AJAX framework is included in .NET 3.5. On the other hand there's an ajax extensions preview which "provides new functionality being added to ASP.NET 3.5 and ADO.NET in 2008." Is the latter like an addon to the .NET 3.5 built-in framework? Out of a developer perspective I would like to know if it is "safe" to develop with the 3.5 extension preview.. and if at any state its functionality is added to the .NET framework. Do I need to install the 3.5 extension preview on my host running IIS, too? Or i...

.Net 3.5 ADO.Net Data Service & Ajax
 Hello, I was trying to use the example in the following video and I keep getting "Server Method "Categories" failed" error. I have .Net 3.5 SP1 and VS 2008, is there any workable example out there? I also added the Entity Data Model. http://www.asp.net/learn/3.5-SP1/video-239.aspx  I really like the way how you can access data in the database using javascript. Any help on this code? thx Default.aspx     <input id="ButtonQuery" type="button" value="Perform Query" onclick="return ButtonQuery_oncli...

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

install .net 3.5 without affecting .net 2.0 sites?
On my local system I have developed an older site in asp.net 2.0 and do not wish to upgrade that site. However, I also want to build a new site and for that I want to use asp.net 3.5. Is there anything I should watch out for, or I can I just install the 3.5 runtime etc?please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. Go ahead and install .net 3.5. It won't effect older projects. My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." The 3.5 framework is just extensions to the 2...

installing .net 3.5 error, please help
Hi all,   Hoping someone can help me. I am installing .net framework 3.5. During the install it says, "an error occurred during setup. Removing installed files" please see error log (error log is a hyperlink and when I click on it nothing happens" Nothing is in the event viewer either. Has anyone come accross this. I have deleted any previous versions of .net and I don't have any VS installed.   Many Thanks HI Can this be an issue, Have you already tried it http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/11/01/5826719.aspx I am not too sure If you ha...

Install Turbo Delphi on .NET 3.5
Hi, I'd like to install Turbo Delphi on my laptop running .NET 3.5, I get a message saying that Delphi requires SP1 of .NET v1.1 to be installed. I'm not sure what to do, maybe I need to roll back my .NET installaion to v1.1 in order to install Turbo Delphi, and then upgrade .NET back to 3.5 afterwards? michael collier wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to install Turbo Delphi on my laptop running .NET 3.5, I get > a message saying that Delphi requires SP1 of .NET v1.1 to be > installed. > > I'm not sure what to do, maybe I need to roll back my .N...

installing .net 3.5 on Server 2003. IIS does not show the 3.5 version on the tab
I installed a trial version of Windows Server 2003 and installed .net 2.0 and 2.5 but when I install my asp.net app in IIs and then go to the tab, it does not show any other version of the .net then 1.1 I also installed the SP2 of server 2003.  asp.net tab should show 1.1 and 2.0. It will not show 3.5 as a version .Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer. Thank you for your reply. I have first installed .net 2.0 then 3.5. So why does it not show any of them? only 1.1?   bcweed966: I installed a trial ver...

Installing AJAX Toolkit for .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2
Hi, How should I install the AJAX Toolkit for .NET FW 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008)? Thanks   Hi Gdillen, If there's no old version(Ajax Control Toolkit) host in your machine, the installation is the same as install the V10618.  Please follow the video tutorial .  Also it has a document here. Download and exact the package to a folder. In the folder where you installed the AJAX Control Toolkit package, you will find a folder called "AjaxControlExtender" with a file called "AjaxControlExtender.vsi" inside it - double-click AjaxControlExtender.vs...

Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
 I have a web reporting application build using VS2003 and Crystal ver 9.5.Everything was working fine until the infrastructure team run the windows 2003 server WINDOWS UPDATE where the new .net 2.0 & .net 3.5 got installed.I started to get CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File:crreport5.rpt -The request could not be submittted for background processing.After I restart IIS , the reports start working again but they stop after a while and I have to restart again ...Please, advise.    ...

Web resources about - Help installing AJAX on VS2008 .NET 3.5 - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper