Error Creating Control in design view #2

 Hi All,

 I try to use autocomplete with a textbox in vs2008 for a web application. I have included AjaxControlTookkit35.dll in my bin folder and I can also see it in the reference folder.

In the webconfig, I have <add tagPrefix="ajaxToolKit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit35" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit"/>

 When I drop a textbox on the design view and "add extender" to add the autocomplete, I get the following error:

"Error Creating Control - TextBox1_AutoCompleteExtender

Failed to create designer 'AjaxControlToolkit.AutoCompleteExtender, AjaxControlToolkit35, Version=3.0.20229.26123, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' "

 However, I can still build the project and run it just fine even it is showing the error in the design view. Any suggestion?

0
yial2

If you are using VS 2008 SP1, then there is a bug

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=361826

but I'm not sure if this is somewhat related to yours!!!  Can you try with other controls, do they give you the same error???

0
nawaf
10/2/2008 10:38:07 PM

 Thanks for the reply. I haven't upgraded to SP1 yet, but just to make sure...this is what I see under "About Microsoft Visual Studio", Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM.

Also, all the AJAX toolkit control is giving me similar error, calendar extender, round corner extender...etc.

0
yial2

error creating control in design view
i am trying the popuextener. Have copied all 3 dlls in bin I am getting erro in design view  could not ... microsoft.web.atlas version=2.0.50727.0 .... the ... mainfest... does not match ( ... 0x80131040) OS: germany XP tablet ed. Same error with the preinstalled controltoolkit app.-Hanneshttp://www.preishuber.net http://weblogs.asp.net/hpreishuber...

Error Creating Control
Very new to ASP.NET and VS so hopefully someone here can staighten me out.  I'm trying to convert some html templates we have over to the ASP.NET environment in Visual Studio.  I'm very used to Dreamweaver so not sure how this master page thing will work in my situation.  There are navigation items at the top like home - skills - services - clients, etc.  Then depending on what you select, the sub page will have nav items on the left.  So if you click services, the services page will come up with all our service options in the left nav.  I'...

"Error creating control" in design view
Hello, I have a page with some home-grown user controls and a 3rd party control on it and I changed a few colours on the 3rd party control. Now I get "error creating control" boxes in the design view for my user controls. The tooltip says it can't create the control "3rd.party.namespace.mycontrol" - like as if it's looking in the 3rd party assembly to find my control. Why? What I am doing wrong? Thanks for any help, ..pd. Make sure you have the Runat="Server" property set. Jeff Thanks Jeff - I don't know what the problem was but I did hav...

How Do I: (1) Show an image in the design time view of my control? (2) Have a controls property be a drop down list at design time?
I'm currently writing my first custom server control and could use a couple of pointers:First off I would like to have my control show an image in its design time view rather than the generic grey box with text in it.Secondly I have a property for my control that can be changed at design time via the properties menu.... at the moment the designer types in a value under the controls properties... I would like a drop down list displayed in the properties with all the available options in it, Any pointers in these directions would be greatly appreciated.    Cheers. ...

"Error Creating Control" - Accordion.Panes

navigate from Edit control back to the view control when the view control needs parameter in the url ( ver 2.1.2)
Hi, I am writing a module for 2.1.2. The view control is loaded based on a "&itemId=" parameter appended to the url. The module has Edit and Add controls. I use the same ascx page for both (register the same page twice as Add and Edit). Navigation to the Edit is done by using EditUrl("itemId", itemId, "Edit") and navigation to the Add is done by using EditUrl("itemId", -1, "Add"). This goes well. The problem is going back from both Edit and Add to the view, when clicking update, delete or cancel. I've tried EditUrl("itemId",itemId, "") going back from the Edit, but I get the "mid=...

create webuser controls from html view not design view
Hi, I'm working by stages on a asp.net page where I'm using a repeater control that writes to inputs that have form elements where the parameters are set from a data set. for example in an input control: value="<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.qty")%>" name="qtyc<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.ID")%>" The page works great, the fields populate as expected, etc. However this precludes me opening the page in design view in VS. I want to add a couple of asp buttons to the page. I do this in the html as &...

Design-time problem with TableStyle property of custom control
Hi all,I've been writing custom menu control (inherited from HierarchicalDataBoundControl). Everything (both run-time and design-time) worked just fine, until I added new property like this:         private TableStyle tableStyle;        [Category("Styles")]        [PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.InnerProperty)]        [DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content)]        public virtual TableStyle Tabl...

error creating control #2
Hi, I created a control (test.ascx). I added a table to page (test1.aspx). I then drag the control to the table. When I try to save the page I am getting "could not reformat the document due to line 28...." The control is highlightd in red " "Error creating control"...............the control cannot be displayed because its tagprefix any ideas? Thanks Can you post the resulting code? Does the @Register tags match those in the html of the aspx page? Was the whole solution compiled, mainly the ascx?Chris Paterra ...

Error creating control #2
Hi,I added an UpdatePanel to my page which works when I run it. When Igo to the design view, I see the error message when my TreeView menu is supposed to be:Error creating control:UpdatePanel1'Triggers' could not be initialized. Details:'Triggers' could not be added to the collection. Deatils: Object does not match target type.       <div id="nav">         <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="TreeViewSiteMapDataSource" runat="server" ShowStartingNode="False" SiteMapP...

Error Creating Control #2
hi all i am using IEWebControli tried to work with tabstrip for the first time, when i dragged and droped it into my page an error msg telling me that: Error Creating Control   could anybody tell me the solution of it regards vishal Make sure that Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll is referenced in your Project References. And after you dragged it onto your form it should look something like this (in your html): <code><%@ Register TagPrefix="iewc" Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" %> <iewc:TabStrip id="TabStri...

error creating control #2
hi i have ajax tab container and 6 grid views placed them in update panel and scriptmanagr.i used webusercontrol on the page.my problem is i cudn't see the tab container and gridviews in the design page.giving error as error creating control-scriptmanager1 unknown server tag'asp:scriptmanager'. error creating control-updatepanel1 unknown server tag'asp:updatepanel'. can anyone help on this Check to see if you have this line at the top of your aspx page: Also, make sure you have the AjaxControlToolkit.dll added to the bin folder. Have a look at this also: h...

Control design details and Collection items keep disappearing from VS.Net 2003 design view
This is a major nuisance. I don't know for how long, but for quite some time, I have experienced most (sometimes all) design work in certain controls like Farpoint Spread View, Component Arts Suite, DotnetCharting and possibly others simply vanish from VS.Net 2003. It seems to happen when switching between html and desing view, and/or when closing/reopening projects.I have contacted the different Component vendors, but according to them, this behaviour cannot be reproduced. Does it have something to do with a previous install of Whidbey Beta 1? Only yesterday I tried to reinstall VS.Net...

Can't drag any control INTO a view control... places new control at top right of design view.
VS 2005 created new web site.On default.aspx design view I added a Multiview control. I then added a View control within that.Here's the problem.  I can't place any controls inside of the view control.  If I drag a new button from the toolbox into the view control that I have in place, the button ends up in the top left of the design view. If I then Cut and paste the button into the View control, the button still ends up outside of the view control in the top left corner of the design view. What's causing this?  I have seen this done in many of the w...

Web resources about - Error Creating Control in design view #2 - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Londonistan: How Britain is Creating a Terror State Within - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The book encompasses a critique of multiculturalism , alleged weak policing, cultural relativism , and what Phillips calls a 'victim culture'. ...

Facebook’s Matt Kelly Describes Process Of Creating Plugin For WordPress
The plugin for WordPress launched by Facebook in June has been downloaded more than 180,000 times, and Engineer, Developer Relations Matt Kelly ...

Creating Online Ads that Drive Brand Awareness
New research shows how the creative elements of online ads impact brand awareness.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook Creating Fourth-Party Privacy Rules for Facebook Connect Widget & Plugin Developers
In a recently-written post on the Facebook Developers Wiki, Facebook had added new rules for information sharing between websites that have implemented ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Great Startup Culture
... with any Bay Area startup these days (ping pong, beer on tap, catered lunches and Macbook Airs) – though these things are, of course, Creating ...

WIRED Creating the Nebula for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get WIRED Creating the Nebula on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Nets of freedom creating mesh networks 03.07.2013 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Strelka Institute photo's photos on Flickr. Strelka Institute photo has uploaded 14526 photos to Flickr.

Creating the incorrigible Cartman - YouTube
"South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were big fans of "All in the Family," a 1970s CBS sitcom. Perhaps this is why their most incorrigible ...