DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031

Hi,

I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox.

Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031

Any pointers would be appreciated.

0
premhols

Download and install Fiddler [http://fiddlertool.com/fiddler/] as this will allow you to inspect the request in more detail to see the exception that is occuring.  If you are using VS2005 debugging, you will need to fudge the url as http://localhost.:port/YourWebsite (note the extra "." after localhost), otherwise Fiddler will not capture traffic for the site.

Jason

0
Jason

Problem calling Web Service using the DynamicPopulate Extender
Hi, I'm quite new to ASP.Net AJAX so please forgive my ignorance.  I have downloaded and installed the RC1 version and am following through some of the tutorial videos.  I am having a problem with the Dynamic Populate Extender example.  I have created some asp controls with onclick events calling a javascript function.  From there I am attempting to use a dynamic populate extender control to call a web service - it's a function declared on that ASPX page as the tutorial explains in necessary and decorated with the System.Web.Services.WebMEthod AND System.Web.Script.Serv...

'web service call failed: 500' using ajax hovermenu and web service
Hi there, I'm using a hovermenuextender attached to a templatefield of a gridview, and everything seemed to work fine.. however I've moved on to add dynamic attributes to the hovermenu. Now I get the error "web service call failed: 500" in place of the output I want (on the hovermenu's panel). When accessing the web service I created (directly through the browser) everything works fine.. here's my hovermenuextender dynamic attributes DynamicContextKey='<%=eval("refnumber") %>' DynamicServiceMethod="GetS...

web service call failed: 500 using ajax hovermenu and web service with ascx file
I am using a hovermenu extender on an image button. The hovemenu extender calls a web service and returns back information that I write to the panel that displays. A portion of the code is below. This works when the Page is an aspx page but when I move it to an ascx page I get web service call failed. I do have the ascx page in a folder called controls/pages off of the root but both the default.aspx page and the bedinfo.asmx page are on the root. I don't think I have a path problem. I can include more complete code, there are actually 50 images with 50 hovermenu extenders and one p...

Ajax call web services failed after convert web site into web project
Hi Guys I have one web site application and use ajax call web services. it is working very well. 1. Master page set up scriptmanager with webservices path. 2. Web service inside web site application under app_code named ajaxwebservice.cs 3. Javascript call ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror()); But after I convert web site into web application project, the ret=ajaxwebservice.method(id, oncomplete(),ontimeout(),onerror()); failed, the ajaxwebservice in undifined error. I use the same web.config, master page, I put my ajaxwebservice.asmx and ajaxwebservic...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

web service call failed: 500 while using the dynamicpopulateextender
hey all -  i downloaded tutorial #24 re: DPE with UC http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-control-toolkit/tutorial-24-vb.aspx got the sample code to run just fine ok - but then i wanted to customise it and found that if changed the servicemethod name to just something as simple as "getDate2" (from "getDate") i get the above error can anyone tell me whats up with this? i mean if need be - ill just keep the getDate name but im worried that this is indicative of a bigger more hidden problem (and yes i did change the method name in the asmx file as well) thanks for y...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

difference of calling web services and calling web page
Dear all,  What is the difference of call a web services instead of calling a aspx page which is also programming can accept parameters and return results? Webservice -- Soap protocol Webapplication  -- HTTP protocol Webservices are of two Major types Xml & SOAP HttpWebServices Basic difference is in usage and implementation. We use a webservice inside a website. it is added as a reference or we can call it through HttpWebRequests and Response objects. Webpages are the components that have presentation and logic, while web services provide the service that we...

How i create web services & call web services?
Give me the solution of how i create webservices & call it and what is purpose of web services ?? PlsGuree  >how i create webservicesVery much the same as creating a new web site site - it is just a different project type. > & call it andAdd a web reference to an existing project to consume the web service.>what is purpose of web services ??To send and receive data.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. &...

Call to web service fails
PB 11.5.1 / XP / .NET Engine Been trying to solve this problem for a few weeks now, and it's driving me nuts! Started using PB 11.5, trying to call an internal web service. I am able to consume the WSDL and all objects are generated. CreateInstance works, but when I try to invoke a method on the service, I was getting a generic "Cannot invoke Web Service". There is another web service on another internal server that is setup as anonymous/public that works fine. I have confirmed with the service owner (one that doesn't work) that my request never makes it to their ...

Web app calling Web service error The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
I have a web site calling a web service which are both located on the same server.  Integrated windows authentication is being used on both the app and service.    When I start the web app from VS's IDE (code on server), it runs fine displaying "Hello world" and populating the dropdownlist. However, if I browse to the URL in IE, I get the following errorSystem.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: UnauthorizedI output the credentials used in the web app, and they are correct.Why would it run fine through the IDE but not browsing to the u...

DynamicPopulateExtender + Master Page returns Web Service call failed: 500
Hi, I am having trouble with a DynamicPopulateExtender on a sum master page.Basically what i am trying to do is add a DynamicPopulateExtender to a submaster page, but i keep getting a response of "Web Service call failed: 500" when i try to access the web service.I tried tested the code on a page without maaster pages and it works ok, any ideas what i am doing wrong? Code: <script runat="server"> [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod] [System.Web.Services.WebMethod()] public static string GetHtml(string contextKey) { System.Thr...

Web resources about - DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031 - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit