Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does

Hi,

We just upgraded our application to .Net 3.5 from .Net 2.0. I updated the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll to the corresponding version for .net 3.5 but we are getting the following error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"

 I tried to work around this using bindingredirect as following, but this did not solve the problem as I am still getting the error.

<assemblyIdentity name="AjaxControlToolkit" publicKeyToken="28f01b0e84b6d53e" culture="neutral"/>
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.10618.0" newVersion="3.0.20229.20843"/>

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks

--Sam

0
sam123456789

Flip through your web config, pay special attention to assemby and tagprefix sections, and look for bad references. Also double check that you have the right version in your bin (could be one of those d'oh! things ;-) )

If you just want to reference something in the bin, all you really need is the assembly name (not version, culture, or public key), so if you want to make future deployments easier you can just take those out.

Please remember to Mark As Answered if this post has answered your question
0
mattbriggs
6/24/2008 9:08:16 PM

I tried another test page using ajaxcontroltoolkit and it worked fine. the problem I am having is with this particular page. We are using a custom Menu control from ComponentUS on this page, could this be the cause of the problem. I checked in the web.config and this entry I mentioned above is the only entry for the ajaxcontroltoolkit in the web.config

Any ideas?

Thanks

--Sam

0
sam123456789
6/24/2008 9:39:54 PM

It could be, if the ComponentUS menu is built on top of the ACT.  Can you take the control out of your page and see what happens?

James

James Ashley, Magenic Technologies
(james.ashley.magenic@gmail.com)
0
vgiambattista

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does n
Hello All,If this is a repeat of posting that have been created, I sincerely apologize.  I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and although I have run across a lot of different posts offering solutions, nothing seems to be work.  Here is my dilemma:I have created a website with several pages using ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX Extensions (including the AJAX Control Toolkit).  The pages run fine on my Development machine but on my IIS machine, I continue to recreate a Parser Error in regard to System.Web.Extensions.  Here is what I have done thus far: I have a...

'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference
I have seen many posts with this problem, but not one I found actually makes it clear to me how to solve it. The site is build with VS2008, and deploying it using VS2008 to my server works fine. Both my server and my development PC have ASP.NET 3.5 installed. I now have to deploy this web to a server that has ASP.NET 1, 1.1 and 2 (no 3.0, no 3.5). I copied the  the System.Web.Extensions.dll I found on the server to my bin directory (overwriting the one that came from my server). -> same error  The error is on line 95 of my web.config : 94   <httpModules>...

Error 25 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file s
Hi there,   I am just trying to learn AJAX at the moment and have run into a problem. I have copied over the example for cascading dropdowns and this is where I have the above error.The error occurs in the web.config file on this line <add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  Can anyone advise what I need to change? The sample is for old ajax version. you need to copy latest ASP.NET AJAX web.config to your projects web.config below is my cascading code for new version for you  ASPX &l...

Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The s
Hello,  I try to use a windowslive website in visual studio 2008 with framework 3.5 I have installed the framework 3.5 and i get following error although the site is working perfect in localhost: Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.After this i check my gac and i manually (with configuration tool 2.0) installed 3.6 in my gac. I still get the same error. What am i doing ...

Could not load file or assembly 'XXX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
Hi,       I get this particular error only in our production environment. I have goggled and found lots of solutions. But none of them worked. My application is launched in a clustered environment (4 Web servers). And I am getting this error in all servers. I able to re-produce this error in my local environment by removing "Read & Execute" permission for this component. If this is a root cause of this particular error, then this error should occur for all other components implements in my project. I also ...

Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_zdfvephf, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 When  i tried  to access  my home page  it  shows the following  Error Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_zdfvephf, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Try to Find your project folder from this location, Close your Visual Studio and delete it, and restart your visual studio and then rebuild. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files Hope you are Using ASP.NET v. 2.0. Hope this Helps,-Deepak - DeepakDon&...

mvctoolkit Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a high
I have visual studio 2008 SP 1 .I created a new MVC Web Project and added a reference to the MVCToolkit dll.I tried to build and it shows following exception Error    5    Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'    f:\MVC\MVCProjects\MyFirstMVCApplicati...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
I have downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit Website Project. I want to run on Visual Studio 2005. But when I run the project I got the error like  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified . </system.web>     <httpModules>        <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neu...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hello i am getting this error in my application...i used ajax in web site..please help me Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 30: <compilation...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
AAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....Ok, the error has been seen quite often...I've checked a lot of forums and all they seem to provide as a solution is to uninstall everything and make sure the latest dll's are in the bin directory of my website.Here are the files in my bin directory:AjaxControlToolkit.dll version: 1.0.61214.0AjaxControlToolkit.pdb version: AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll version: 1.0.61025.0System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025System.Web.Extensions.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025Now, I've done exactly that! and checked all the versions but still the error remains....Below...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. #2
Hi, i copied the solution folder   and put this folder to another  computer and i try to run it show the error message " Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Please guide me very urgent.Regards,Kannandesikan You need to install the ASP.NET AJAX extensions on the web server. ...

Access is denied. Could not load file or assembly 'App_Code, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
Hi, everyone, I made a page in asp.net and worked well, I published it in hosting and walked, after working and it throws the error to me: “Could not load cases out or assembly “App_Code, Version= 0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null” or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.” I return to republicar and works.  Somebody has some idea that it is happening? Hi I get the same message in a similar situation, did you find a solution?Bw. Mark ...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 Hi, I am using Jasper.. I downloaded JASPER and the sample code from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=471BB3AC-B31A-49CD-A567-F2E286715C8F&displaylang=en but when  i try to run Samples.. I get the error :  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified i can find only System,Core under 3.5 version. I tried running the project from VS2005 and from VS2008.. still the problem persists....

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
Hi All,   I am facing this problem after publishing the web site on web server.   If u have any solutions of that problem then please reply me.   Thnaks & Regards Dheeraj Mittal dheeraj_mittal02@yahoo.co.in    Have you checked whether Reporting Services is configured in your hosted Server Ashok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. This Issue due to Report viewer not installed on web ser...

Web resources about - Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit