Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

Hi All,

 Got a bit of a strange one.

I have been building an ASP.NET 2.0 app now for quite a while and had everything working quite well untill my computer froze when running the app from the debugger.

Now i get the following error message

 Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

 I have reinstalled Ajax 1.0, reinstalled the toolkit vsi, copied the web config from a working ajax site.

Not sure what else to do, its strange that it suddenly happened!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Glen

0
emmersive

see:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=602645&SiteID=1

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver
6/24/2007 12:46:24 PM

Hi adefwebserver,

Thanks for the post. I'll give that a try. I'm not sure if uninstalling and reinstalling the .net framework will help though as for other web projects they still run. Its just the one I was trying to build at the time my computer locked up.

Still, I'll give it a try and let you know how I go.

Thanks again,

Glen

0
emmersive
6/25/2007 12:57:14 AM

Did you update the Toolkit dll in your website's bin directory? Does creating a fresh new site and adding some Toolkit extender work?

Kirti Deshpande
Program Manager, Silverlight and ASP.NET AJAX
Microsoft

kirtid
6/25/2007 5:12:44 AM

Hi, Thanks for the response.

 I have replaced the toolkit dll in the bin directory of the project.

I haven't created a NEW ajax project, but do have an existing project that does work. I have also replaced the web.config file in the problem project with one from the ajax sample website and it still doesnt work.

I have tried to uninstall the framework and also uninstall VS.NET as well but have run into problems with uninstalling VS.NET on Vista (PS Repair doesnt work either). I will keep trying to uninstall VS.NET and then start again.

Any other suggestions are welcomed though!

Thanks again,

Glen

0
emmersive
6/26/2007 6:49:41 AM

Upgrading the Toolkit should be straightforward, a simple binary replacement: http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/Walkthrough/Setup.aspx. You should not need to uninstall and reinstall the framework/VS.NET. Could you use windiff to see what is the difference between the project that works and the one that is giving you this error?

Kirti Deshpande
Program Manager, Silverlight and ASP.NET AJAX
Microsoft

kirtid
6/26/2007 7:07:56 AM

 I had this same issue and was able to resolve it by simply deleting the related files in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files.

 Don

0
dlee337
7/28/2007 12:47:41 AM

I have tried for several hours to resolve this on my machine.

 What resolved it was to delete all files from the following folder:-

 C;\Users\{Your User Name}\AppDate\Local\Microsoft\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

 Note: You will need to change your Folder Options - in control panel on Vista, to view Hidden and Operating System Files, otherwise you will not find this folder.

Delete all files in the folder and re-run your app. Good luck.

0
AgeGould
4/8/2008 7:53:42 AM

VIsit at  http://www.ginkostyle.blogspot.com/   for answer this works for me

0
santy_123

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. There is not enough space on the disk. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070070)
Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. There is not enough space on the disk. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070070) I had this error on one of my websites today, I've done some searching trying to figure out what might have caused this error. The server is fine and it does not seem to be a disk space issue. I fixed the problem by copying my back-up file over the website on the server and it works fine now. I read mabey it has something to do with the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll file? I just wont to try to pin-point the problem so it dosen'...

IIS + .NET 3.5 Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 Ok folks I need some help here. I have MS Server 2003 with IIS installed. Frameworks 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5 installed. The server has VS 2008 Web Developer installed because I am developing on it remotely. When I run the web site from inside VS everything is fine. I created a new website in IIS (named Intranet) and set it to run on Framework 2.0 and set the path to the root folder of the site (D:\Intranet). I also confirmed that VS was building for framework 3.5. When I open Internet Explorer on the server and go to http://localhost/Intranet I get the following error: "Could not ...

Server Error in '/Webapp' Application. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
 10 minutes ago, my web app worked fine.  Now it appears broken and I hadn't touched the web.config file.  Anyone know what might be going on here?  I checked my web server's .NET folder (C:\WINDOWS\microsoft.net\Framework64\v2.0.50727) and there is indeed a system.data.dll file...  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Plea...

Could not load file or assembly 'App_Code' or one of its dependencies. There is not enough space on the disk. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070070)
 I have a 2.0 application hosted in IIS 6.0 in windows 2003 OS . The application works fine 90% of the time .For balance 10% time , it keeps throwing Could not load file or assembly 'App_Code' or one of its dependencies. There is not enough space on the disk. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070070)  errorAssembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'App_Code' could not be loaded.  WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Mic...

Could not load file or assembly 'Castle.ActiveRecord' or one of its dependencies. There is not enough space on the disk. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070070)
Periodical got this exception. I have a lot space on disk. assemblies is NOT corrupted because enough workaround is: *  create something in "bin\" folder  e.q. "1.txt" file - Application restarted and all is ok after that A wild guess. Did you enable quota on the server?  Your ASPNET user may have ran out of quota.BruceDiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine Give fullcontrol to NETWORK Service user to Widnows\Temp fol...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does
Hi, We just upgraded our application to .Net 3.5 from .Net 2.0. I updated the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll to the corresponding version for .net 3.5 but we are getting the following error: "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"  I tried to work around this using bindingredirect as following, but this did not solve the problem as I am stil...

Impersonation + AjaxControlToolkit = Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied
I get the following message if I use impersonation with the AjaxControlToolkit. If I turn off impersonation (by removing the "identity" configuration from my web.config file), then it can succesfully load AjaxControlToolkit.dll: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. Anyone know where I need to grant rights to the user that I am using? Windows Server 2008 + IIS7 + Website using the AjaxControlToolkit + Impersonation The answer is: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET File...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Ive just started to transfer the website to the server and i keep getting this error "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." It works fine in VS, and the AjaxControlToolkit.dll is in the bin directory.  Ive added the assembly reference to the config:<controls> <add tagPrefix="AtlasControl" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" /></controls> Any suggestions?      I'd guess that maybe the web server doesn't have ASP.NET A...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
Hi,How do you install the ajax control toolkit on a computer that does not have visual studio or visual web developer installed?It is running asp.net and the ajax extensions appear to be installed correctly too. I have tested pages on my local machine, which has the toolkit installed properly (and has visual web developer installed too). However when I try looking at the pages on the server, I get this error"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"Do I need to register the assembly? How do I ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using Visual Studio 2008.  I have installed AJAX and have the ajaxToolkit.dll within my bin folder.  I am able to drag all the AJAX items into my page. I am launching my Visual Studio application through a URL which is hosted on a web server.  My web.config file is not within the solution but within the root of the folder. I get the following error: Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified #2
"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"Here's the source code that's causing the error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" %> Line 2: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Net.Mail" %> Line 3: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %> Okay, I have the dll's loaded and everything and I keep getting this error. I am trying to use the ValidatorCalloutExtender of the Beta. Any ideas?John WootonInspireMedia http://www.inspiremediablog.co...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. #2
 hii am new to asp.net and asp.net  AjaxControls, pls help this error below. Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: [No relevant source lines]Source File: none    Line: 0 Asse...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest
hosting: ixwebhosting message error: Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.Source Error: [No relevant source lines]Source File: none    Line: 0 Assembly Load Trace: The following informatio...

Could not load file or assembly 'Compliance, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x
We recently upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5. The project was running fine until yesterday when I tried to create a set up project. When I add a new Websetup project and rebuild solution I get error :  Error 79 Could not load file or assembly 'Compliance, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417) Y:\Development_Sites\Development_Server_RW\QMComet\SGEN Compliance Now when I run the project  , I get : Server Error in '/QMCom...

Web resources about - Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)) - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit