cascadingdropdown ajax...i want to implement it... how do i? help needed

Friends

I am having 2 tables tb_department and tbl_projects

under every project there are some departments

I also have 2 stored procedures to select some columns from both the tables...

What i want to do is.... using cascadingdropdown ajax tool....

when I select a project name from project dropdown list.... i want corresponding project names to come in 2nd dropdown list

Can someone post the code from scratch?

I am using VB.NET to achieve this.....and MS SQL database...

Thanks in advance

0
ramkunchur

Lot of tutorial for this try this one good to start with..

http://www.asp.net/LEARN/ajax-videos/video-278.aspx

Please Mark this post as ansewr if you got your ansewer.

Nihar ranjan Nayak
Microsoft certified Professional
niharnmayak2003@yahoo.co.uk
www.webnihar.com
0
niharnayak2003

I want I want I want, I need I need I need
Beyond &^%@#$* cool! http://www.gizmowatch.com/entry/water-powered-jetpack-still-makes-you-fly/ Ted Novak TRA#5512 Hey �: > cool! With all that water, it should be! Yea...I want one of those....until it sucks in a carp or something into the left jet tube and sends me spinning. -- Kim (1/29/2009 2:21:52 PM Mountain) > With all that water, it should be! Yea...I want one of those....until > it sucks in a carp or something into the left jet tube and sends me > spinning. Eh. That could be its own fun LOL. -- Windows 7...Yep KDE runs on Windows. ...

Need help with implementing google map with Ajax
 Hi, i am making use of the Google maps to save a location, i wanted to save the lat and lng value of the marker into my database, but without any success. Could someone enlighten me pls, many thanks in advance  <%@ Page Language="VB" %><%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script runat="server">Protected Sub post_Cl...

Need help implementing three GridViews w/ AJAX
I'm a bit of a late comer to using AJAX but I now have a pretty good scenario to take advantage of it. Here's what I want to accomplish: I want to have three GridViews side by side. I want a template field in the left GridView and when a user click a button placed in the template field in the left GV, I want the middle GV to be populated. Likewise, when the user clicks a button placed in a template field in the middle GV, I want the right GV to be populated. Could someone give me some pointers to get this going? Thanks.Thanks,Sam Well if you are using an SqlDataSource to populat...

Need help to implement a web design..new to AJAX
Luckly, I found an example to show what exacty I am looking for:Go to the following yahoo link:http://travel.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTE5MGRqZDdoBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLXRy b3VnaARzbGsDc3Bpcml0LWZpeGVkThere will be a world map in this pageif we click on any continent. it will open a small box with major cities informationI need to implement such design in a web page using AJAX and .net Dont know how to proceed. Suggestions are very much appreciated. I am new to AJAX.net. I can write AJAX functions to return the data to javascript but I dont know about populating second box in main win...

Need help with validation within ModalPopupExtender from AJAX .NET Toolkit
I have a user control that is included in the popup control panel of a ModalPopupExtender.  I have validators within the user control that work but do not display the error msg.  The code below is a simplistic version, but nonetheless what I'm trying to accomplish.  Any suggestions as to why the rvDeficiencyCost ErrorMessage does not show would be greatly appretiated.  I've tried messing with the z-index, and searched all over the web with no luck. Thanks,Kevin uc3 ascx Code:<asp:Panel runat="server" HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="modalPopupExtender">&...

Beginner needs help publishing .NET site to web host (you know you want to!)
Hi, I have no idea what I am missing here- but I cannot make my application work on my web host's serverI have visual studio 2005 - I have created a basic application that works perfectly when i select the 'View in Browser' option. Simple stuff... just a hello world sort of thing.I have a hosting account with a web host who provide .NET support. Am I sure that .NET is installed? If i type in an ASPX file name that doesn't exit, I get a "Server Error in '/' Application" - The Resource cannot be found. I also displays Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; AS...

Helps needed in implementing voice recorder in Windows Mobile 5.0 using .NET Compact Framework 2.0
Hi guys, Is any of you experienced or aware of how to write a simple voice recorder program which allows you to record your voice, stop the recording, play the recorded voice and stop playing it? Anyone can help me on that? I've been trying days and nights but can't get it working still >.<" Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks a million. Regards,Jenson Jenson, Is there a specific point in which you are having problems?  Have you looked at the OpenNetCF project's extensions around audio recording? Cheers,ColinBlog: http://colin.rockstarguys.com---When you ask a que...

Need help to implement this
Hi, I need help to implement this because I can't figure out how to make this happen.I have a user control with two views. The first view is for variable listing and the second view is to create a new variable or to edit. I have a session variable too, an ArrayList of Variable (my own class which has ID and other infos).In the first view I create the variable listing with loading the session variable, and loop through every variable and create the <li> components.To create a new variable is no problem, I have a button in the first view and if I click on it, I will land on the ...

Need some AJAX help!
Hi there everybody. I have an old application which uses http-equiv="refresh" meta tag to refresh the page every 30 seconds so I can check if new data exists or not and if so I can display it. I wanna replace it by AJAX so I can get rid of nasty refreshes. Any straightforward method for this by AJAX?- What's God?- You know when you need something really bad, and you close your eyes and wish for it really hard ... ... well, God is the guy who ignores you. Your question is too generic, plz explain it more clearly. But for now there are 2 simple ways: 1. To put the part you need to refresh ...

Need help with CascadingDropDown
Hi, I've have seen how CascadingDropDown control works. However in my case what i need is..   4 DropDownLists (combo boxes), each gets populated from db at page load. Now if value of any DropDownListBox gets changed; i want all other 3 DropDownListBoxes to again load data based on different criteria. Can i get AJAX CascadingDropDown to work in this senario? Any sample code/ links would be helpful. Thanks, Sandeep. Hi, CascadingDropDown is based on the Child-Parent structure. But what you want is based on a parallel structure. Implementing parallel stucture by...

Need Help on AJAX
Hi Friends, I am new for ASP.NET technology though i am not new in IT Field. I used to work out on Desktop Based Application. My company deals in ERP & SAP and now switching to Web development also.  Tell me how should i get the step by step help to learn the AJAX. I know little bit of ASP.net. I tried one example of Animation through Ajax Control Toolkit.  But I am facing the problem in animation of this control. as the intellisence is not comming in code pane. and there is no help how to use these controls. Only there is an example. but don't have any explanation ...

Need Help ( Ajax )
Hi all, can any one tell me how ajax work , in simple language ? i mean how page process with ajax and with out ajax on server side submit button click ? again i heard that we can use ajax by two way ... 1) you need to download dll file and 2) add it in your solution and you can use atlas web site of dotnet ... is there some other way of it ... pls explain using example or refrence site ....   Thanks in advance, Best Regards, Nilesh Thakur.   Hi, To start with, you may simple download the requisite components from http://asp.com/ajax This will add a new tem...

Need help on implementation
Hi All, I have an aspx file Loader.aspx that has a ListBox control(populated with 5 report names), each report returns different number of fields. I want to show each report in a DataGrid below the Listbox on Loader.aspx. Also I have a "BaseClass" that does all the data filter,retrieval and binding already written, so i need to use that too. What i initially thought to use .ascx control for each report with a Datagrid in each .ascx file and when user chose a report name from the ListBox dynamically loading the respective acsx control. And inheritng codebehind of the .ascx from the .BaseCl...

Help needed
Hi,      I am using VS 2005, Frame work 2.0.  Please i want to use following ajax controls     Update Panel , Callout Extender, Model Popup, Script Manager.... please help where can i get latest      AJAX control tool kit?  I have searched "Version 1.0.11119.0 for ASP.NET AJAX version 1.0 and .NET Framework 2.0 (No changes from 1.0.10920) "      Ajax tool kit site but i can't find 2.0 frame work ajax tool kit.      I want to use callout extender and...

Web resources about - cascadingdropdown ajax...i want to implement it... how do i? help needed - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

CSTruter :: Articles
CS Trüter Homepage of Christoff Trüter Home Blog Articles Downloads About me Contact me Top 5 posts Moving items between listboxes in ASP.net/PHP ...

jQuery Cascading Dropdown Plugin Examples
$('#example1').cascadingDropdown({ selectBoxes: [ { selector: '.step1' }, { selector: '.step2', requires: ['.step1'] }, { selector: '.step3', ...

BubbleChart Sample
... AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart Calendar CascadingDropDown ...

AreaChart Sample
... AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart Calendar CascadingDropDown ...

ListSearch Sample
... AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart Calendar CascadingDropDown ...

DropDown Sample
... AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart Calendar CascadingDropDown ...

AsyncFileUpload Sample
... AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart Calendar CascadingDropDown ...

CascadingDropDown Sample
CascadingDropDown is an ASP.NET AJAX extender that can be attached to an ASP.NET DropDownList control to get automatic population of a set of ...

Ajax Control Toolkit Tutorials - ASP.NET Ajax Library
ASP.NET Home Get Started Learn WEB APPLICATIONS Web Forms MVC Web Pages/Razor Mobile Single Page Apps Common ASP.NET Features WEB SERVICES / ...

LineChart Sample