Cascading Dropdown Selected values and Default values

I am loading the cascading dropdown control with data from my database implementing web service methods written in VB, and cascading dropdown control runs fine.

Now as in any classic application I would like giving default values to  3 dropdown lists concerned with cascading and also getting back selected entries to call my database to retrieve records with values read as criteria.

First I tried to postback with a button control after selecting entries in cascading dropdown control, but the resulting selected values are empty.

Can anyone help.

0
André

As you click the Button, a postback happens and Page_Load gets fired before any control event handler. So you need to make sure that the code to bind the dropdowns is under if(!IsNotPostBack) block so that it does not get fired everytime a PB occurs.

HTH,

Vivek

Social Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community

vivek_iit

Cascading Dropdown - Initially selected value
Hi there, I am having an issue with a pretty basic problem. I have managed to get the cascading drop down lists working ok with information coming from a database. On the initial page, I need to have a value in the drop down list already selected, i.e. the current year in one drop down and current month in the next. The information from both of these is sent to a query to output a datatable. Can anyone help with this? I'm not sure I understand the scenario, but I think the new CascadingDropDownNameValue(..., defaultValue) constructor may be just what you're looking for. (First available ...

Assigning value from dataset as selected value in cascading dropdowns
hello!  I have successfully implemented the Ajax Cascading Dropdowns but am running into an issue.  I am databinding the available selections to all three of my dropdown lists.  Then I need to make the selected value of each dropdown a value from my dataset.  The selected value works for the first dropdown, but I cannot figure out how to set up the selected values of the other 2 dropdowns.  (This would be values a user has selected previously, not default values.) Can anyone assist me? Thanks in advance!   Hi Stormcadi, As far as I know,  you should d...

dropdown selected value and dropdown no value saved
 is there any way the selected value is selected already when i try to edit the gridview ... and another thing... when i edit this dropdown.. no value was being saved... what is wrong or missing.. please help... i almost spend two days on this problem...i've read many post about this.. but still i didn;t get it... please help///  <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Unit" SortExpression="UnitID">                          &...

Cascading Dropdown List
Hi, First post so hello and need some help with an issue I have been dealing with.  I have an intranet page I created in ASP.NET using C# .NET 3.5 with a few Ajax Extenders including 3 Cascading Dropdown Lists. Now I have used the Cascading dropdown lists for my own purposes i.e they do not actually cascade their results to another dropdown list, the reason I did this was due to the having a User Control that contains an update panel and other bits i.e I didn't want the control/page posting page (something that happens when you click on a regular dropdown list). Everything is wor...

hide only the dropdown value while selecting the another dropdown value
 hai  friend i am using two dropdown list if i select one dropdownlist the another dropdownlist value must be hidewhat can i do for this     Ramesh.Dhttp://rameshduraikannu.blogspot.com  u can do that using javascript..function Hide(){ var drop1 = document.getElementById('<%=dropdownlist1.ClientID%>')  var drop2 = document.getElementById('<%=dropdownlist2.ClientID%>')  if(...

AJAX RC1
I have three cascaded dropdowns. I want to select default value for these dropdowns. Is there a way ? From sample I get the impression that web service method gets called on initialization and there is no way to know if dropdown is filled in and ready to select default value. Any thoughts? The SelectedValue property of the CascadingDropDown is documented on its sample page: http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/CascadingDropDown/CascadingDropDown.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/DelayThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Yes I know that there is a pr...

DROP DOWN LIST : SHOW SOME DEFAULT SELECTED VALUE USING CASCADING DROPDOWN
Hi , I am using Cascading DropDown List in my aplication and i want to show some default selected value in the first drop down and according in the child drop down. I ahve created webservice to populate my Drop Downs. Please tell me if there is any way i can do that in AJAX..  Just use the Cascading DropDown Extender property "SelectedValue" to set your default value. Example (C#):CascadingDropDownExtender1.SelectedValue = "My Default";   I tried doing the same but this does not work. The reason being so defaultvalue bool is always false in in Cascadi...

problem in selecting value from dropdown inside a repeater and inserting the selected value inside db
there is  checkbox and drop down inside my  item template of repeater in one page.Based on that drop down and check box selection calculation will be done in another page which will be inserted inside a db.I cannnot fetch the value from the dropp down in my save page  and as a resut data cannot be inserted inside db. plz help!!  <asp:Repeater ID="rptmenproduct" runat="server" >                      <HeaderTemplate>    <...

adding values to the selected value in Dropdown list
 Hi,   I have dropdown box in my page which have some value inherted from the another list box in my page..Now in my second page , i have dropdown box with values and text value and list box... I'll be selecting the one value from the dropdown then i enter the value in text box and click on add button which will add the value in the list box like this i can able to add many value...now if i click on save button for the selected dropdpown item the added values in the listbox should be saved ...like this i add many values for many dropdown item and saved respectivelynow if c...

How do I Select Values in Cascading Dropdowns
Using VS 2005, ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 and AJAX Toolkit 10618  I have 2 dropdowns using the Cascading Dropdown from the toolkit, these are both connected to a web service and this all seems to work fine. No other Ajax type controls are being used on the page. How do I set the dropdown values from server side code? or any method to change the selected item in each dropdown once they have been set.  I did manage to get the selected value to pass in with the data from the callbacks on the web service and this works fine when the page first opens, but any attempt to change the se...

How to show value in textbox from selected value in Dropdown list
I have two text box, txtbox1 should be from two field for example i have one dropdownlist where i select item and another txtbox2 i want to put value, when i first time to write manually value in txtbox2 in and selected item from ddl i want to result in concatenate from in txtbox1. for example  I haveif not me.ispostback thenDim cm as new sqlcommand("Select AccMjrid, Names from Accgrp", me.sqlconnection1.open())me.sqldataAdapter1.fill(Dataset1, "Accgrp") Me.cmbAccMajID.DataSource = Me.DataSet11.Tables("AccMajor") Me.cmbAccMajID.DataTextField = "AccName" Me.cmbAccMajID.DataValueField ...

Populate values in a cascading dropdown if value exists in SQLDataReader
Hi everyone,I have created a site with the ability to create a new membership, in the creation of the membership I gather a persons country town & suburb using cascading dropdowns. I have made a form that contains a the members country city & town where they are able to come and change any of there town country or city. The 3 dropdowns are all cascading. My problem is when the page loads the persons current details are not shown and the cascading dropdown is taking control and not populating the dropdowns with the information from the reader. Can anyone suggest what I can try?Th...

DropDown list submits first value not the selected value
I am relatively new to programming and am having a problem with a small project that I am working on.  I have a names drop down list that is created from a database.  When the user selects a name and completes the rest of the form and clicks submit.  All of the data they entered is submitted to a different table in that database.  This is workign correctly for all of the data except the drop down.  For some reason the first value in the drop down is being submitted each time.  Here is the code and any help you can give will be appreciated. Public Class final1 ...

Web resources about - Cascading Dropdown Selected values and Default values - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Cascading Style Sheets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cascading Style Sheets ( CSS ) is a style sheet language used for describing the presentation semantics (the look and formatting) of a document ...

Ads API Profile: Alchemy’s Cascading Ad Creation, Analytics, and Auto-Optimization
Facebook’s performance advertising system provides buyers with a wealth of targeting options, but not the depth of control or analytics to effectively ...

Twitter blames global outage on 'cascading bug'
AFTER nearly a year without any significant periods of downtime, using Twitter was almost nothing like the early days of being on the service. ...

In defence of Gen Y, and cascading generations, by a boomer
Some accuse Generation Y of feeling entitled, overly precocious, demanding and rude but that doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

In defence of Gen Y, and cascading generations, by a boomer
Some accuse Generation Y of feeling entitled, overly precocious, demanding and rude but that doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

Cascading Style Sheets - 9to5Mac
Adobe announced updates on Thursday to many of its HTML5 design tools for Creative Cloud users. Among the updates, we get new features for Edge ...

West Texas Cascading Safety Failure
In the interests of Calamity Fairness, here’s a most depressing Bloomberg article : Texas Explosion Seen as Sign of Weak U.S. Oversight The ...

Watch this captivating video of 11,000 marbles cascading down a marble run
Everyone has a hobby. Some people like to play recreational sports, others prefer to go fishing, but did you know there are creative types out ...

Austria Announces Fence With Slovenia; Irony of German Whine; Cascading Fences; Mish Proposed Strategy ...
Two months ago, Austria's chancellor Werner Faymann criticized Hungary for building a fence along its border. Faymann proclaimed "To think that ...

Cascading Slopes is Jacob from The Drums' new band, NYC residency this month
Cascading Slopes at Cameo, 1/31/2013 (via @FreshBread) Cascading Slopes is a new project from Jacob Graham of The Drums. Unlike his other band, ...