Cascading Dropdown - Initially selected value - not please select a value

Hi there,

I am having an issue with a pretty basic problem. I have managed to get the cascading drop down lists working ok with information coming from a database. On the initial page, I need to have a value in the drop down list already selected, i.e. the current year in one drop down and current month in the next. The information from both of these is sent to a query to output a datatable.

Can anyone help with this?

0
shmick

I'm not sure I understand the scenario, but I think the new CascadingDropDownNameValue(..., defaultValue) constructor may be just what you're looking for. (First available in the 60626 release.)

http://blogs.msdn.com/Delay

David

Cascading Dropdown List
Hi, First post so hello and need some help with an issue I have been dealing with.  I have an intranet page I created in ASP.NET using C# .NET 3.5 with a few Ajax Extenders including 3 Cascading Dropdown Lists. Now I have used the Cascading dropdown lists for my own purposes i.e they do not actually cascade their results to another dropdown list, the reason I did this was due to the having a User Control that contains an update panel and other bits i.e I didn't want the control/page posting page (something that happens when you click on a regular dropdown list). Everything is wor...

Cascading Dropdown Selected values and Default values
I am loading the cascading dropdown control with data from my database implementing web service methods written in VB, and cascading dropdown control runs fine. Now as in any classic application I would like giving default values to  3 dropdown lists concerned with cascading and also getting back selected entries to call my database to retrieve records with values read as criteria. First I tried to postback with a button control after selecting entries in cascading dropdown control, but the resulting selected values are empty. Can anyone help. Hi, As you click the Button...

Assigning value from dataset as selected value in cascading dropdowns
hello!  I have successfully implemented the Ajax Cascading Dropdowns but am running into an issue.  I am databinding the available selections to all three of my dropdown lists.  Then I need to make the selected value of each dropdown a value from my dataset.  The selected value works for the first dropdown, but I cannot figure out how to set up the selected values of the other 2 dropdowns.  (This would be values a user has selected previously, not default values.) Can anyone assist me? Thanks in advance!   Hi Stormcadi, As far as I know,  you should d...

dropdown selected value and dropdown no value saved
 is there any way the selected value is selected already when i try to edit the gridview ... and another thing... when i edit this dropdown.. no value was being saved... what is wrong or missing.. please help... i almost spend two days on this problem...i've read many post about this.. but still i didn;t get it... please help///  <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Unit" SortExpression="UnitID">                          &...

problem in selecting value from dropdown inside a repeater and inserting the selected value inside db
there is  checkbox and drop down inside my  item template of repeater in one page.Based on that drop down and check box selection calculation will be done in another page which will be inserted inside a db.I cannnot fetch the value from the dropp down in my save page  and as a resut data cannot be inserted inside db. plz help!!  <asp:Repeater ID="rptmenproduct" runat="server" >                      <HeaderTemplate>    <...

hide only the dropdown value while selecting the another dropdown value
 hai  friend i am using two dropdown list if i select one dropdownlist the another dropdownlist value must be hidewhat can i do for this     Ramesh.Dhttp://rameshduraikannu.blogspot.com  u can do that using javascript..function Hide(){ var drop1 = document.getElementById('<%=dropdownlist1.ClientID%>')  var drop2 = document.getElementById('<%=dropdownlist2.ClientID%>')  if(...

About dropdown list selected item and selected value
hi to all i have one table. that have albhapetic list of countries name and country id. i want to bind country table to dropdownlist. dropdownlist text field is country name the value field country id.the dropdown list heading is "-- select country--". but page load time i want load default country is INDIA and value is ind. guide me how achieve this scnario. You can write following line in Page load event.ddCountryDropDownList.SelectedValue = "ind";Hope this helps! Programmers are tools for converting caffeine into codeVisit my blog Try this way insteadDropDown...

adding values to the selected value in Dropdown list
 Hi,   I have dropdown box in my page which have some value inherted from the another list box in my page..Now in my second page , i have dropdown box with values and text value and list box... I'll be selecting the one value from the dropdown then i enter the value in text box and click on add button which will add the value in the list box like this i can able to add many value...now if i click on save button for the selected dropdpown item the added values in the listbox should be saved ...like this i add many values for many dropdown item and saved respectivelynow if c...

How do I Select Values in Cascading Dropdowns
Using VS 2005, ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 and AJAX Toolkit 10618  I have 2 dropdowns using the Cascading Dropdown from the toolkit, these are both connected to a web service and this all seems to work fine. No other Ajax type controls are being used on the page. How do I set the dropdown values from server side code? or any method to change the selected item in each dropdown once they have been set.  I did manage to get the selected value to pass in with the data from the callbacks on the web service and this works fine when the page first opens, but any attempt to change the se...

Selected value in select list with javascript based off value in database
 I've got a classic asp page with a select list. I need the select list's selected value to be whatever the user selected when they created their account. I've been trying to use <body onLoad="onLoad();"> to call my function, and then I'm trying to specify which value should be selected in the function. Also, when the select list selected values change, there is a javascript function I call to disable text boxes. I think there is an issue with my javascript function, and I can't find any examples of this from good ole' google.  My j...

On selecting value in second listbox. selected value in first textbox is lost
     Hello all, In a webapplication , I have to store the selected values in hidden fields with following code  <INPUT type="hidden" name="hidPatient" value=""> <INPUT type="hidden" name="hidPatientStatus" value="">  when i select the value in any list box following javascript function is called with this code   Response.Write "<SELECT id=" & strSelName & " name=" & strSelName & " validation=" & strValidation & " ...

Selecting value in one field then causes value in another field to be selected.
I have a web form which contains a date field, the date is populated using a DatePicker which is Javascript based. The form also has a drop down box containing 3 values. What I want to do is when a date has been selected that this will cause the dropdown list value to change to dated which is one of its 3 values. i.e. when the date field is not blank then the value will be selected in the dropdown. What I also want to happen is when the date has been selected and the dropdown value is dated then the date field and the dropdown field will be set to read only.Anyone any ideas how to this usin...

dropdownlist's selected index value is not printing the selected value
Here iS my code .Aspx Page <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlkeyword" runat="server" Width="204px" DataTextField="Form" DataValueField="Form" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlkeyword_SelectedIndexChanged" >   </asp:DropDownList> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Submit" Width="110px" OnClick="Button1_Click" /> my aspx.cs protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { fillddlkeyword(); }protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e) { ...

DropDown list submits first value not the selected value
I am relatively new to programming and am having a problem with a small project that I am working on.  I have a names drop down list that is created from a database.  When the user selects a name and completes the rest of the form and clicks submit.  All of the data they entered is submitted to a different table in that database.  This is workign correctly for all of the data except the drop down.  For some reason the first value in the drop down is being submitted each time.  Here is the code and any help you can give will be appreciated. Public Class final1 ...

Web resources about - Cascading Dropdown - Initially selected value - not please select a value - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Cascading Style Sheets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cascading Style Sheets ( CSS ) is a style sheet language used for describing the presentation semantics (the look and formatting) of a document ...

Ads API Profile: Alchemy’s Cascading Ad Creation, Analytics, and Auto-Optimization
Facebook’s performance advertising system provides buyers with a wealth of targeting options, but not the depth of control or analytics to effectively ...

Twitter blames global outage on 'cascading bug'
AFTER nearly a year without any significant periods of downtime, using Twitter was almost nothing like the early days of being on the service. ...

In defence of Gen Y, and cascading generations, by a boomer
Some accuse Generation Y of feeling entitled, overly precocious, demanding and rude but that doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

In defence of Gen Y, and cascading generations, by a boomer
Some accuse Generation Y of feeling entitled, overly precocious, demanding and rude but that doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

Cascading Style Sheets - 9to5Mac
Adobe announced updates on Thursday to many of its HTML5 design tools for Creative Cloud users. Among the updates, we get new features for Edge ...

West Texas Cascading Safety Failure
In the interests of Calamity Fairness, here’s a most depressing Bloomberg article : Texas Explosion Seen as Sign of Weak U.S. Oversight The ...

Watch this captivating video of 11,000 marbles cascading down a marble run
Everyone has a hobby. Some people like to play recreational sports, others prefer to go fishing, but did you know there are creative types out ...

Austria Announces Fence With Slovenia; Irony of German Whine; Cascading Fences; Mish Proposed Strategy ...
Two months ago, Austria's chancellor Werner Faymann criticized Hungary for building a fence along its border. Faymann proclaimed "To think that ...

Cascading Slopes is Jacob from The Drums' new band, NYC residency this month
Cascading Slopes at Cameo, 1/31/2013 (via @FreshBread) Cascading Slopes is a new project from Jacob Graham of The Drums. Unlike his other band, ...